1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Real Issue

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Ranger Dave, Jan 22, 2018.

1. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

I agree, our players are much more "honest" they play as well as they can...and the coaching staff also seem to be doing the best they can all the time ( no games that Arry was playing)...
    No we haven't got premiership player or the Greatest coach in the world....but they are trying I believe we are a real club again, getting onto a safer footing.

I do think in a few years time we will be grateful

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Love your optimism Beth. I really really wish I could think like that but with the current rate of decline the next few years could well see us in even more trouble.

3. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

Any improvement and like a couple of others I do see an improvement, you just know there is something else around the corner, ffp being the obvious but I don't rule out some sort of virus spread by an evil ruler or a biblical plague of locusts, it is our Rangers we are talking about

sb_73 and kiwiqpr like this.
  4. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Sorry Bob, but if you can’t take any pleasure out of supporting the club, not even the black humour or the craic with other fans who may not agree with your analysis, why bother?

I don’t necessarily disagree with your views on Holloway and the way the club has been run, but just live with it, we’re a bit **** at the moment. Might not be like that forever. The joy of football, and sport in general, the next game is a new start. Sure the odds are against us improving rapidly, but who knows?

My advice, which is usually bollocks and should be ignored, is stop thinking about it. If we win it’s a nice surprise, if we lose it’s a ‘meh’ moment. It’s really not that important, and certainly not worth being unhappy about. You know a lot more about football than me and I respect your views, but reading them is a bit of a treadmill at the moment.

Loveitupthebush and danishqp like this.
  5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Fair point mate. Even I'm getting sick of typing it

6. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

Good post but I must say, this will get confusing.

sb_73 likes this.
  7. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

I've always thought that, as soon as the first spade went in the ground at the site of our mythical new stadium, a great curse would be released forever!!

kiwiqpr and Wherever like this.
  8. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Bob seriously no point in getting the football that right as the moment
    Just hang in there until the end of the season imo , should have enough to hang onto our place in this division then I fully expect a TF exit he has been a disaster
    If the club gets clear of FFP some how then we can then dream of a new owner and new ideas

Holloway cares and will do everything he can to keep us up and I think he will

9. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Ronaldo's looking to purchase a Championship club.

Brazil legend Ronaldo reveals sensational plan to purchase Championship football club
    Ronaldo, who has been retired since 2011, says that he wants to do "something innovative" in football.

please log in to view this image

By
    Jack Simpkin
    • 13:40, 22 JAN 2018
    • UPDATED13:44, 22 JAN 2018
    Ronaldo has revealed that he is considering buying a Championship football club.

Former Brazil striker Ronaldo, 41, has revealed that he would like to do "something innovative" in football, seven years after retirement from his playing roles.

He has been linked with the role of Brazil Football Federation’s president, but he doesn’t believe he is ready for such a position yet.

"It would be a great honour, but before that I want to experience running a big club,” he claimed.

World Cup legend Ronaldo has been keen ever since to stay in touch with the game.

"I'm thinking about buying a club in the second division in Spain or England," he told Folha de S.Paulo.

"I want to do something innovative. I think I'm prepared for the challenge.”

Ronaldo scored over 300 career goals for both club and country, and having played for seven clubs in four different countries.

Since his retirement he has taken up roles both inside and outside of football.

He has acted as a ‘Goodwill Ambassador’ for the 'United Nations Development Programme’, a position which he began in during his playing days in 2000.

He has also acted in an ambassadorial role for the 2014 World Cup, which was hosted in his native Brazil.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brazil-legend-ronaldo-reveals-sensational-11894042

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  10. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Does he want to eat the club?!

Lawrence Jacoby, UTRs and daverangers like this.

11. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

Cant be talking about us then!

12. daverangers

daverangers Well-Known Member

I hope it is very different in the directors box, and far more spacious than, say, the upper loft. It'd be a tad embarrassing if he bought into a club, arrived for a match, and didn't fit in the seat.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

However mate you have your say and how you feel. Enough people have their views and post what they think so why shouldn't you?
    I feel exactly the same. Never and I mean never have I been so disillusioned with QPR. The board keep making the same mistakes time and time again. The manager is inept and sadly the playing staff for all their 'honesty' are simply not very good.
    Remember they are there to entertain us and do their best to win every game (It's a sport remember). The money people pay is simply not worth it at times. I read a post from someone who spent a lot of dosh on an away game and said after he should have just thrown the £200+ down the drain and not bothered.
    I also agree with your comments about the future.
    We need to get to the end of the season, get rid of Hollow and bring in a proper manager. We will only go backwards (like we are doing) under him. Let's bring in someone with a football brain who can work with the team. I keep hearing we have the best Midfield in the World and a top goalkeeper so it should be pretty easy what we need to do.

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  14. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

So, that's another 10 years if ever...:grin:

15. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

Get the club back to whatever stability is or was.

Start over on a new adventure

This one has been up and down and run by a clown

16. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

Some people really should learn to be glass half full instead of half empty it really is getting a bit boring and monotonous on here whinge, whinge,whinge.
    Yes we get it you don’t like Holloway, you don’t like Les, you think TF is an a*****e but when are you going to accept it’s what we have, it’s what we can afford and that’s how it is ,
    So suck it up buttercup it ain’t gonna change in 5 minutes, if it changes at all before Holloway’s contract runs out.
    QPR the club is skint,just because the owners and directors are minted doesn’t mean the club is, I will repeat myself here THE CLUB IS CUTTING ITS CLOTH AND OPERATING WITHIN ITS MEANS IT HAS NO CHOICE.
    The owners wrote off a shed load of debt they did the right thing, they cleaned up their mess and now they are trying to do it right and If that means we are a lower to mid table side for the next few years so be it or do you want the owners to walk away ala Chris Wright and spend your matchdays passing the bucket around the ground again trying to survive week in week out because that’s what it reads like to me.
    We were lucky to get saved last time just hours from becoming the next Accrington Stanley,Wimbledon or possibly Hartlepool we are not going to get another set of billionaires to save us this time we are no longer a viable selling club there are bigger and better out there that the rich will buy long before we get looked at therefore we just have to accept what we are at the moment, we must accept it may or may not get better anytime soon, IN THE CURRENT CLIMATE ITS JUST HOW IT IS.

17. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Above is the harsh reality of it I'm afraid.

18. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Sorry Turkish I cannot agree with the 'saved at the last minute' myth. Many people around the club and press had stated that it wasn't as bad as it seemed re an owner. It has been well documented.

As for a Billionaire, you don't know who is out there and who wants to buy a club. I am not saying they are like buses and if TF sorts his act out then I am happy for him to make amends. I also happy to not spend loads of money on wasters and would like many others see a good academy/youth set up so we produce our own talent.
    Which is also a bugbear for me as usually they get sold or don't make the grade.

One thing we can all agree on is that as a club has been run very badly and the reason so many fans are frustrated is due to the owners keep making the same mistakes.

Finally this is a forum where people debate share views. If posters don't like what people say then they should ignore. Everyone has a right to say how they feel. Look at it this way, I may moan about Hollow being a cr2p manager but more people hang on to his every word and worship the ground he walks on. I don't agree with them but I won't tell them what they can say. :emoticon-0148-yes:

rangercol and bobmid like this.
  19. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just for clarity, I didn’t ask Bob to stop posting or try to tell him what he could post, I just observed he seemed very unhappy and his posts were getting hard to read, maybe it wasn’t worth it. I don’t actually disagree with a lot that he has to say. His response shows he got it.

People should post whatever they want on here, within the board rules, and expect to get robust comment back if people disagree. Doesn’t matter anyway, nothing written on here on any subject is going to change anything, it’s just a way of letting off steam and hopefully having a laugh.

durbar2003 and ELLERS like this.
  20. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Well put Ellers. It's what a forum is for. Turkish post could be labelled boring by the ones he says have 'half empty glass'.
    We are where we are, that can't be disputed. We are there because of a disastrous ownership. When people pay hard earned money to watch/follow their club then they have every right to express this, especially on here. I worked out what I have spent following QPR the last 2 seasons and it makes me feel pretty **** considering what they have given me in return with crap tactics, terrible hoof ball football and crap feelings.

ELLERS likes this.