1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It's weird Wills I sort of remember something you may have said in the past but cannot remember that. Well you have enlightened me now. I will cut out the term. :emoticon-0148-yes:

2. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

It's got the potential for a domino effect - not just China though. America has no appetite to be the World Police anymore, so it's eye's ar off the ball. If Russia does invade, even "a little bit", what next. China, North Korea, Sudan, Yemen, Central America - it could all kick off as they don't see the US backing any UN troop deployments - and let's e real about this, other countries may deploy their troops to help the UN but they need US back up.

So hopefully it's just a bit of sabre-rattling by Vlad, but it could.all get very nasty very quickly

3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

In 2 years the US will get a Republican President and things will change.

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

It's not important at all
    I've been off with an injury since Nov 16th
    Boss came around two days ago and offered me more money for less hours to run the place when I'm ready to go back
    Might not be able to do it but they promoted me when they shouldn't have four years ago and I pulled it off
    If it doesn't work I can go back to what I do now
    I love this place

Steelmonkey, Staines R's and ELLERS like this.
  5. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

I honestly try not to involve myself. It's like choosing not to watch the David Attenborough stuff about how we're killing the planet, just too depressing.

I will say, though, that Biden's suggestion that a 'minor' Russian incursion into Ukraine would somehow be OK seems to me to have been particularly stupid.

Willhoops, BobbyD, ELLERS and 2 others like this.
  6. Stroller

The thing is though, why should it be the job of the US, or NATO, to stand up to Putin? Shouldn't this be what the United Nations is for?

7. Staines R's

Staines R's Well-Known Member

The problem is though, from what I’m seeing, is that Putin sees The expansion of NATO into the East as the threat to him. Looking at it on paper, and how NATO has expanded through the Baltic states, he has got a point.
    I’m guessing he sees Ukraine joining as a step too far

BobbyD and ELLERS like this.
  8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Oh do **** off
    The united nations
    Are you having a laugh
    Just a ****ing talking shop

Here's who's on the UN human rights council
    The General Assembly elected the following 15 members: Bolivia, China, Côte d'Ivoire, Cuba, France, Gabon, Malawi, Mexico, Nepal, Pakistan, Russian Federation, Senegal, Ukraine, United Kingdom and Uzbekistan. All 15 members will serve three-year terms beginning on 1 January 2021.

9. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I was going to mention that they are ineffective with certain countries... Russia/China

kiwiqpr likes this.
  10. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

I bet Iran Iraq Afghanistan and Saudi Arabia are on the uns womans rights commission

ELLERS likes this.

11. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

If you were Ukraine with Russia on your doorstep trying to bite bits off your country, doubtless prior to swallowing the whole thing, you might think joining NATO would be a clever choice…..unless it sparks a big barney of course. I think Russia will have Belarus soon, it’s fully aligned to Russia but has an idiot in charge, getting embarrassing for Vlad.

The Baltic states are another issue…already fully membered up with NATO and the EU but also a part of ‘greater Russia’.

I hope Putin snuffs it soon.

12. Staines R's

Absolutely mate….if I was Ukrainian, especially in the East of the country who didn’t consider myself Russian (like many do in that part) I’d be wanting NATO membership yesterday.
    But trying to look at it from a neutral point of view, I can see how Russia feel threatened by the expansion of NATO up to its borders.

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

Will, my post was about what he said and how utterly stupid it was.
    I made no comment on his mental state.

Willhoops likes this.
  14. Staines R's

Ah get it now…..it was a joke Ellers. As I’m sure some people think I’m some kind of ‘Wolfie Smith’ character who dresses in combat fatigues all day and stands in the street corner talking of revolution and chanting “Freedom for Staines !”

Besides I’d never waste a firing squads bullet on you mate…..a rope is far cheaper ;)

15. Staines R's

Wills can I ask a genuine question ?
    Why do you refer to your trans relative as He/Son ? Is that just an unconscious thing or if they are not yet transitioned is that the way they like to be addressed (as male assuming they are transitioning from male to female).
    Honestly not getting into the whole trans debate as it’s been done before and our views are most likely different, however I’m just curious as to why ?
    No pressure in you to answer and I’ll drop it completely if you prefer and I honestly mean my question respectfully.

16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Thats nice...:emoticon-0107-sweat I'm glad your party is so welcoming unlike those communists and fascists? I may just stick to Capitalism.

Staines R's likes this.
  17. Staines R's

We welcome all workers with a common aim….just not too sure if you fit the bill though. Sorry mate. I’ll put in a good word for you though…..can’t say fairer than that :)

ELLERS likes this.
  18. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

Fair one Col :emoticon-0148-yes:

rangercol likes this.
  19. Stroller

I didn't say that the UN in it's present form was able to take the action needed. What I'm saying is that these shouldn't be East v West issues, but that Global action should be taken against rogue states. Trump stated that the US would no longer be the World's policeman. Nor should it be.

Edit: You can **** off too.

kiwiqpr and Staines R's like this.
  20. Staines R's

I would expect that covertly, in some way, shape or form…..America will continue to assert its influence and power across the world however much it say it doesn’t want the job anymore.
    It’s done it for years in central and South America and recent events in those regions show it’s not gonna stop anytime soon.

kiwiqpr and Steelmonkey like this.