1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

He's explicitly ruled out any vote to rejoin the EU.

Aside from the blindsiding of Angela Rayner, there are some very good elements to Starmer's reshuffle. Priti Vacant ought to be ****ting herself at the prospect of going up against Yvette Cooper, but I doubt she's smart enough to be aware of what's coming her way. Starmer's front bench is going to be a lot stronger than Johnson's.

2. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

Cooper is generally effective in her criticisms, she's higher profile than her faceless predecessors, but when she goes for Patel on illegal immigration, she needs to put forward an alternative policy other than humbling ourselves before Macron.

Reeves has her head screwed on and should be an effective foil against Sunak.

Nandy has been a disappointment recently. Lammy is a loud mouthed joke. So is Rayner. Ed Milliband is...well, enough said.

ELLERS likes this.
  3. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

One person in Bojo cabinet is worth more than the entire Starmer cabinet. Although I agree that Patel has been a disaster. She was always regarded as a tough one in the party, no nonsense. She has let the side down.

Goldhawk-Road likes this.
  4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

People will be reminded of Coopers stance on Brexit.
    However you are spot on regarding an ‘alternative policy’… truth is Labour doesn’t have one.

5. Goldhawk-Road

Yes, that's Labour's big problem. The last big policy idea was the People's Vote and that's what they'll be remembered for unless and until they come up with something attractive for voters. The Red Wall are watching while Islington scratches its head

ELLERS likes this.
  6. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Appreciate that for some reason the only people that matter are 50+ white blokes in the Red Wall but surely we’ve left the EU now and can look forward to that being a joyous success and every election for the rest of time doesn’t have to be about the Tories lurching further to the right to prove how Brexity they are and pretending to give a **** about the working class.

7. Stroller

How about rejoining the Single Market? That would be a good way to solve the NI border problem, the loss of trade, the labour shortages and all kinds of other negative impacts of Brexit. We wouldn't need a new vote, because we were constantly told during the referendum campaign that 'nobody's talking about leaving the Single Market'.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  8. Bwood_Ranger

Brexit means Brexit.

9. Stroller

Indeed.

10. Goldhawk-Road

Never gonna happen. Who wants to be in a club where all the other members but you make the rules? And the Single Market is Euro orientated. It would end our ability to make trade deals around the world and subject us to unlimited EU immigration again.

Most intelligent people knew there would be some teething problems in leaving the EU, and actually they have been quite few. The UK economy is predicted to recover faster than Europe. Our vaccine program is protecting us from the exponential rise of the virus on the Continent. We need to forge a new and productive relationship with the EU, and we need EU member states (particularly a resentful France under Macron) to be positive about this.

ELLERS likes this.

11. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

<doh>
    I would rather have not left than be half in. It will never happen. They will get Christmas out of the way then NI will get sorted... Hopefully.

12. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I read an interesting article on the so called problems ( this was a pro EU article) many voices in the EU are now saying that playing these silly games with fishing/paperwork and NI is not doing the EU any good. They went on to say fishing and NI problems won't hurt us financially and we are moving quickly ahead in other areas leaving them behind. Furthermore rather than the EU trying to punish us, they should work closely.

13. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Just watched PM qusetions. What a sad state of politics we have in this country if this is the best we can muster. Wouldnt it be brilliant if politicians actually represented their constituencies and constituents rather than just agreeing or being forced to agree with their party, for example, the sewage vote. Seriously who wants their mp to vote in favour of polluting our rivers and coastlines?!?!?

Hoop-Leif likes this.
  14. Bwood_Ranger

Patriots.

15. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

A fair few not wearing masks aswell. Great example to set.

16. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

A true patriot would be disgusted with this PM. The sooner the Tories get rid of him the better this country will be.

17. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I also see that Johnson never denied his xmas bash last year whilst the rest of us plebs were instructed to do the opposite.

18. Bwood_Ranger

Obviously.

But Labour etc.

19. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I dont think that deflection works even with the most ardent Tory anymore, maybe apart from those in denial. Even my step father says he will never vote for them again after 60 years of voting Tory. My red wall friends have seen through the charade that is Johnson aswell and want him gone. Unfortunately hes already done so much damage.

20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Have to agree Bob
    PMQS has become a bit of a joke. It's all for show with no substance. I was annoyed with the PM 2 weeks ago at his performance in the House and at the Liason committee meeting. I was really disappointed. However bob it does come back to the same argument in that the opposition are f##ing hopeless run by an unelectable leader.
    My MP although not particularly liked due to his Brexit stance is a good local MP.