1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. Goldhawk-Road

Goldhawk-Road Well-Known Member

I'm happy for him to be judged by his actions but at the moment, this is all I know about him

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  2. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

oh dear so attack someone through the actions of a family member and let’s totally ignore the point raised. Next week Fred and Rose west’s kids slammed for not dedicating their lives to making up for what their parents did.

3. Willhoops

Yep amongst other engineering nightmares that will involve extremely costly resolutions. Hs2 could be a walk in the park next to this.

4. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

have you posted any of his stuff on the music thread

Steelmonkey likes this.
  5. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Attack? I merely asked whether there was any substance to what I’d heard. Turns out there was. You appear typical of the hysterical ‘woke’ brigade that get all animated over what you *think* others have said or believe rather than what they actually said.

Dave takes umbrage to comments made by Johnson and has a platform to make a statement. That’s his prerogative. If I have time I’ll try and do some research to see whether he’s used his fame to condemn his murderous brother, unless you already know if this “fella” has?

6. Goldhawk-Road

<laugh> I love it so much, I can't bear to share it

7. Willhoops

I don’t know much about the fella at all, however on all different platforms be that forum, news media or social media there is little to no mention as to what he said, why he said it and why it comes to some random rappers to get these issues in the public domain as journalists don’t seem to be doing their job or worse those in charge of media are being selective.

woke? Got bored with snowflake? Be interested how you’d define ‘woke’

8. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Mercury Prize: Why is everybody talking about Dave?
    20 Sep 201920 September 2019
    Last updated at 22:54

View Comments

please log in to view this image
    Getty Images
    Dave has just won one of the biggest music awards in the UK

Dave is a 21-year-old rapper, and he's just won a huge music prize for his debut album.

He's from London and is also known as Santan Dave.

The Mercury Prize is given out every year to a UK or Irish artist. Judges decide who they think has the best album.

Judges said that his album Psychodrama was "the boldest and best British rap album in a generation".

Read on to find out more about him!

BTS are coming back!

Should using phones be banned at music concerts?

Why is Taylor Swift re-recording her old albums?

He started his career early
    Getty Images
    Dave posted his first music on YouTube

Dave started his career on YouTube where he uploaded videos of himself performing freestyle rap.

He caught the attention of superstar Drake, then featured on one of his albums!

His music career has been getting bigger since then.

His set at Glastonbury went viral
    BBC Music
    Alex sang on stage with Dave at this year's Glastonbury

You might remember earlier this year at Glastonbury when Dave asked the crowd for a bit of help with a song.

15-year-old Alex came on stage, and it turns out he knew every single lyric!

Dave was clearly impressed, and Alex went on to score a record deal.

He's had big chart success
    Psychodrama went straight to number one when it was released in March.

It was streamed 23.6 million times, and has the most first-week streams for a British rap album, overtaking Stormzy.

He's also had loads of singles in the UK charts too.

He dedicated his Mercury Prize to his family
    Jo Hale
    The star dedicated his Mercury Prize to his family

Before he walked on stage to collect his award Dave hugged his mum, then said he was "lost for words".

He talked to the BBC about his mum backstage and said: "She's given me my life. I literally owe everything to her and God. So to have her here, and to have her experience this, is surreal."

9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

If you’ve managed to find out two facts about his brothers then I’d guess the same source will give you some more info.

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Boris johnsons brother joe johnson is an arch remainer as is his sister.

Obviously being traitors the both of them i think all three of them need to leave this country pretty quickly

11. Goldhawk-Road

Kiwi's put some stuff up. The problem is, gangster rappers, drill artists, hip hop etc don't have a great reputation for peace and love. Plenty have killed or been killed. I won't judge Dave, but I'm not going to be influenced by his pronouncements just because he's an award winning rapper.

He may be an angel or the devil. Let's see. I agree with Uber that it will be interesting to see what he's had to say about the murder his brother committed

12. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Turkish" Premier" Hoops Well-Known Member

I see the usual hashtag ,triggered lunatic left brigade are all up in arms because a few people over the age of 30 ask who Dave is, or what exactly it is he does, still I suppose because some or most on here are over 30/40/50 and have no interest in modern C-rap music or Grime or any of its by products of gun and knife crime we must therefore under modern WOKE definition be all of or at least one of the following racist, xenophobic islamaphobic and Homophobic or god forbid a leave voter !!!!
    But maybe I ask who he is because I like music to be Actual music and not the modern accepted crap about Rapping oops sorry crying about how society ruined your life and blaming everybody else ‘cause yo bitch is a Hoe and 50 f*cked yo **** up and now yo gotta smack ya bitch up etc so therefore have never heard him or any other modern day blame artists, oops sorry again I mean Crappers, damn, sorry Rap artists <whistle>

rangercol likes this.
  13. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

could be worse
    he might have been a lawyer
    would have spent a lot of time working for the family though
    and they would have wanted it free

Early life[edit]
    Dave was born David Orobosa Omoregie[6] on 5 June 1998 in the Brixton area of London, the youngest of three brothers born to Nigerian parents. He was raised in nearby Streatham by a single mother, as his father was absent during his childhood.[2][3] He initially began composing music at an early age, regularly writing lyrics in his early teens, prior to engaging in production after being gifted a piano by his mother when he was 14.[7] As of April 2019, his brother Christopher is currently in prison, having been sentenced to life imprisonment with a minimum of 18 years for his involvement in the March 2010 gang murder of 15-year-old Sofyen Belamouadden at London Victoria station; his other brother Benjamin was jailed for four years for conspiracy to defraud.[8] Omoregie attended St Mark's Academy, a Church of England school in Mitcham, before later attending Richmond upon Thames College in Twickenham, where he studied law, philosophy, and ethics while also completing an additional module in sound design and politics. He secured a place at De Montfort University in Leicester to study law, but never attended as he chose to focus on his music career.[

14. Willhoops

yeah that’s not what though, but whatever helps you get through the day

15. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

16. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Oh dear Mr WOKE, you really are a ****ing idiot.

17. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

I’ve never used ‘snowflake’ on here - go check. No idea what ‘woke’ actually means - was just trying to get down with the kids.

rangercol and Willhoops like this.
  18. Willhoops

Sorry mate it’s all over the place today a la Turkish, my kids are mortified when I go all yoof

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  19. Willhoops

ohhhh capital letters he’s SERIOUS!! Calm down fella you’ll go that shade of gammon <whistle>

20. Turkish" Premier" Hoops

Oh dear, if stupid could fly, you’d be a ****ing astronaut !!

Stroller likes this.