1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Politics Thread

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Stroller, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Should the UK remain a part of the EU or leave?

Poll closed Jun 24, 2016.
  1. Stay in

56 vote(s)
    47.9%
  2. Get out

61 vote(s)
    52.1%
  1. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

2. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

I really dont agree with this tactical voting by any party. It makes the whole election corrupt. It doesnt seem right. People should have the option to vote for someone from all the parties.

3. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Around 300k but we control literally everything.

BobbyD, kiwiqpr and Staines R's like this.
  4. Willhoops

Willhoops Well-Known Member

This is why people reply to you the way they do, you seriously lack respect, common courtesy and have pretty much zero people skills.

For starers where in the slightest have I suggested that I would deny the Holocaust 'with waffle' That's extremely offensive and rude to even suggest.

I have accepted there is a problem within Labour over this issue, something you are never able to do with your party of choice. You mention I'm deflecting, I'm using an equivalence to demonstrate the massive levels of hypocrisy by both the conservative supporters and the media.

Why is Corbyn a problem and Johnson not?? You seem to hold each to completely different standards. With Corbyn you make outrageous unsubstantiated/hearsay claims, yet take the ostrich approach with Johnson.

You draw conclusions prior to the release of reports if it's labour.. something else you show your hypocrisy with.

It's impossible to debate with you when you don't take other peoples evidence and opinions into consideration.

BobbyD, Staines R's and bobmid like this.
  5. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

He will definately put you on ignore now! That's how the slippery little Eel works. Hes a total Wum! His posts are just either nonsensical or propaganda. Like I say, he sums up everything wrong with british politics.

Staines R's likes this.
  6. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

"No second independence referendum as long as I’m PM", Boris Johnson tells Scotland .

That's that then. Scotland will get its second opportunity to leave in the Spring. The only certainty in life at the moment is that if Boris says one thing quite the opposite will happen.

kiwiqpr and bobmid like this.
  7. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I take all ( most) peoples arguments, but like Corbyn you are clever in your wording. you say ‘I have accepted there is a problem within Labour over this issue’ but do you accept that Jezza is also to blame? As far as I can see you are ignoring the facts that many have accused him. You never say I am concerned with the way Jezza has handled this.
    You are also wrong regarding what I have said with the Tories. As a member I have never come across anti-semitism or islamaphobia in the party or meetings. Now I am not saying someone hasn’t. But I have not witnessed it. I also said Boris was stupid with his ‘ letterbox’ remark but that was a one off and hasn’t got a history of saying it... whereas uncle Jezza has a history of incidents. I also don’t see MPs leaving the Tory party accusing Boris of Islamaphobia or organisations urging voters to not vote for him.
    I think Turkish called it in that politicians are @@@@‘s but ours are better than yours.
    Corbyn reminds me of the Foot fella when I was a kid. Unelectable and not a statesman. You can come on here and knock the Tories because you have an addenda but on the 12th Corbyn will lose and will be gone by Christmas. Come back then and knock the Tories.

8. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Boris has a history of saying, sexist, homophobic and racist comments but they just get brushed aside as gaffes. Corbyn has zero history of the above and gets slated. Bizarre really how some peoples brains function and process logic.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  9. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

ZZZZZzzzzzzz

Willhoops likes this.
  10. Stroller

Stroller Well-Known Member

So, this is the Tory approach to the election....

They won't publish an economic assessment of Johnson's 'great deal'. We all know why.
    They won't publish the security report into Russian interference. There can only be one reason for this.
    They will postpone a cut in the rate of Corporation Tax in order to save money, even though they previously declared that this would bring in more tax.
    They will put fracking on hold, despite previously being strongly in favour of it.
    They will promise 20,000 more police despite having previously cut more than this.
    They will make up stories about Labour spending without being able to spell out the costs of their own promises.
    They will make up stories about immigration under Labour, mirroring the Farage Brexit campaign.
    Jacob Rees-Mogg will be locked away until December 13th.
    Boris Johnson will try not to be caught shagging random women and will attempt to conceal his drink problem.

Remarkably, it's holding together so far, but can it last?

QPR Oslo likes this.

11. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

That is fantastic!

12. Bwood_Ranger

Probably not, but think there’s a good 40% of nailed on voters who wouldn’t be swayed from Boris’ Brexit crusade if he promised to kill every firstborn. The only chance of seriously denting them is to wake up the non-voters and get a huge turnout, which isn’t happening in a December election.

13. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Shall we now compare Labours? :1980_boogie_down:
    No, I will leave you with 'Have I Got News For you' clip which says it all
    please log in to view this image

kiwiqpr likes this.
  14. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

It could be the fact that Corbyn is unelectable.

QPRoma likes this.
  15. Bwood_Ranger

He’s actually very electable but he’s not popular with The Sun and that filters through into enough voters’ consciousness to make him appear unelectable.

16. Willhoops

As a member of the conservative party you should be fully aware they exist and they are far from isolated then yes? How is Jeremy to blame for things you have not witnessed, yet Boris is not.

You must see that doesn't make any sense right?

17. Willhoops

Brilliant post, be interesting to see if this gets a proper response rather than dismissing it

bobmid likes this.
  18. Willhoops

That'll be a no then to addressing the points raised, shame really @Stroller

bobmid likes this.
  19. bobmid

bobmid Well-Known Member

Ellers not making sense and totally contradicting himself....noooooo

Staines R's likes this.
  20. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

When he hangs out with Terrorists has problems with Anti-Semitism, dithers over Brexit and comes across as an idiot, it doesn't take influence from The Sun or other papers to play on peoples conscience. He causes his own problems and thats why he won't get elected.