1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Pearson Audition

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Sep 22, 2021.

1. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

Palmer is with us until his contract is up as no one else will want to match it. I can’t see him being offered another one, even at a much reduced rate.

Redprintt likes this.
  2. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

you sometimes have to cater for the unexpected … with football you can have a plan but a piece is missing [ injured/ out of form ] so adapt to alternative.
    Players come in all shapes sizes mentalities to endeavour to accomodate all is never easy. take Palmer.
    Palmer can be a game changer as a starter or sub or as a sub … he can conform and be as good as any fitness wise, maybe even technically better minded. problem arises when a square peg goes in a round hole.
    NPhas a set mindset .. "show me" .. an ice skater on roller skates or vice versa will not perform as well as the other discipline [ very rarely] Bit like Palmer … needs to play with quality players even maybe just 15 -20 as sub?

playing in u 23's THE TEAM WAS WELL OUT OF SORTS v Peterbro .. Janneh and couple others MORESO …. his [ Palmer ] thinking of getting a position of expectation or expecting someone to be in position with players that do not fit the same wavelength as him, can have results like lost that 4-1. I mean NP a spectator in the stands watching someone elses team set up, what can you learn …. just takes 1 player in a move [ start, middle of or end ] to not be in the groove and failure …. makes someone look under par !!!!!!!! ...Palmer has shown some classy play [ in a team trying to gel ] in previous games ….

losing out as we have after being in the groove for a win especially last quarter .. I shall make no comment …

3. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Think I agree with that!!
    Palmer needs good players to play off of and a bigger stage around for him to shine, not sure u 23's nothing match, would do that IMO..
    I've said before, he's a confidence player, not sure playing him in u 23's game is showing him any confidence..
    Wells is a different situation IMO, striker, just needs to be in the right place at the right time.....he knows where the goal is..

4. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

NP [whom I believe will be relatively SUCCESSFUL ] needs a little more flexibility … maybe Curtis will bring that, like "hey boss so and so might not seem to live up to your rigidly formed motto …. show me! " but he often more than not shines in a situation like that...blah blah …. we will need to see …. City squad staff now have "3 /4 " managers of past experience!!!! [ different levels ] .. something must come good?

5. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Exciting times ahead :1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down::1980_boogie_down: