1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The NLD

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by remembercolinlee, Apr 27, 2017.

1. white_gunner

white_gunner Well-Known Member

I cannot see a scenario where a Wenger contract announcement would go over well, and yet that's exactly what will happen in the next month. Ridiculous.

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

partially agree.

Bale - Spuds cannot afford for next 6 or 7 years unless he has s#!t form for few seasons.
    Wembley - Poch got precursor in this year UCL. He is a shrewd guy.

but, if Spuds goof up title this season - they have no future.
    remember - Spuds are like last year's Leicester. They got no pressure.
    Chelsea are like last year's Spuds. Massive pressure to win the one horse race. We don't want to do like last year's Spuds (coming 3rd in 1 horse race).

3. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

Outclassed, outfought, outmaneuvered. We were literally second best in every single department. No complaints about the result, we fully deserved to lose.

It wouldn't have flattered Spurs if they won by about 6 or 7 to be honest. It's scary that despite all the money we have spent on fees and wages for these players, Spurs are 21 points better off than us and look a far better outfit than we've looked for a long time. All the things we used to associate with Spurs being feeble, lacking guts, no bottle etc can not be directed to them anymore because Pochettino seems to have eradicated those "Spursy" attributes.

Us, on the other hand, looked timid, weak and lacking any cohesion. I don't even think the players weren't trying, I just think that in the current set-up, they're simply not good enough and the manager can't get the best out of them. It was a north London derby yet we looked like rabbits in the headlights.

It's just terrible all round and we can't say this moment hasn't been coming for a while. As much as it pains us to admit, Tottenham deserve to be where they are in the league. We are miles behind them. And this absolutely shouldn't be the case given that, on paper, we have so much going in our favor. But hey ho.

I'd rather we just forfeit the remaining few games and skip to the cup final because that's the only highlight of the season we have left.

Oh and Gabriel - thank you for your performance in the semi-finals, but you just simply aren't up to the level we need you to be at. Goodbye.

4. Citizen Kane

Citizen Kane Danny Rosebud

<laugh>

5. Citizen Kane

*17. Only 17.

6. BrunelGooner

BrunelGooner Well-Known Member

My bad - but the overall point still stands! <laugh>

7. Citizen Kane

Cheers Cini.

Next season worries us all to be honest. Our home form this year has been formidable: W16 D2 L0. Avoid defeat against United in a fortnight and we will have gone all season unbeaten. What a fitting send off to a magnificent stadium that has put up with its fair share of ****e over the past few decades.

As for Bale...even if he wanted to come and we could afford him, we are a team now. Possibly for the first time in PL history. Even at our best under Harry, we were still overly reliant on a group of extremely talented individuals to provide the goods: King, Modric, VDV and Bale. Poch has carefully assembled this group with minimal net spend and relatively modest wages, and I know it might be hard for a gunner to admit, but without CL football and with similar luck to Chelsea in terms of injuries, I firmly believe that we would have won the league at a canter this season. The fact that we are where we are despite playing a lot more games, sustaining numerous injuries to key players and having spent a lot less than Conte's men is testament to how far we have come under Poch. We need to add 2-3 capable squad players to give us more strength in depth, but I personally can't see anyone who we could actually afford who would be good enough to replace someone in our strongest XI.

Quilllogic likes this.
  8. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

We outplayed them all over the park, you mug.

Why you persist in making a complete tool of yourself all over the forum, I've no idea.

Natural talent, perhaps?

As for Arsenal, they have a lot of thinking to do. They have the resources and allegedly the budget, how did they fall to where they are. It's not just this season, you could see this coming last year.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017
    Quilllogic likes this.
  9. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Of course they have. I'm not denying they've been the second best team in the EPL. I'm just saying for all the praise they are getting they are still a mediocre side.

Despite the influx of managers the EPL is weak as piss at the moment. Just look at 1.The state of the National team and youth systems and 2. how these teams are performing in Europe.

Remember the days when the EPL had Theirry Henry, Didier Drogba, Christiano Ronaldo etc.. Far fewer of the truly World Class players seem to be over here anymore and our 'elite' sides just are NOT elite. (Leicester City won the EPL last year FFS!)

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Come on, the quality of a national team has naff all to do with the quality of the teams within its domestic league.

La liga is biased and inflated by two meta-humans. Once Ronaldo and Messi retire that league will be as mediocre as serie A. Bundesliga has one team in it almost every season like the premium was 20 years ago.

The prem is where all the money is, which means ultimately that is where all the players and managers will ultimately end up.

That won't save our national team though, who will be eternally dogshit and managed by muppets.

11. The RDBD

The RDBD Well-Known Member

Mediocre how (with respect to past/present PL teams etc) ??

--------------------O

12. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

I'm still hopeful Spurs can win it but everyone keeps rolling over for Chelsea

13. TheBear

Both. In respect to past teams and the current best teams in Europe.

14. TheBear

It's not just Messi and Ronaldo though is it? Bale, Neymar, Suarez etc..
    Besides I would fancy the third side in Spain to beat Chelsea/Tottenham. In fact I think they would win the EPL.

But that's not really my point really. Even the Italian league (which is dogshit these days) has a Top quality side in Juve.

We have nobody that looks like challenging the best in Europe.

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Leicester got to the QF's. They beat Sevilla and gave the team that has appeared in 2 out if 3 of the last CL finals a bloody good scare.

So, I don't agree. And I also think most Spanish sides would struggle with the intensity of the game here, and the heavy schedule.

16. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

On what planet is that not a penalty?
    <laugh>

17. Citizen Kane

You need to look at the Sane and Rashford "penalties" if you'd like to see some proper diving.

No comment on the blatant Sanchez handball then?

18. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sanchez was penalty. Handball.

Citizen Kane likes this.
  19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

3 out of 5 Premier league players, just because they moved for money and glamour doesn't changed the fact the PL made them.
    You could add Modric if you want, it's the same thing.

20. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

The game went according to what I thought it should have bases on form. For once Spurs didn't wobble and put a poor Arsenal side to the sword. They deserved the win and continue their challenge for the title.

Arsenal continue their poor season and uncertainty. Other than the FA cup which they should lose against Chelsea, is a season worth forgetting now. Unfortunately for us, our woes will continue with next season with the same setup.