1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The league table update

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by sotonsaint, Feb 1, 2012.

1. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

As it stand we are 6 points (7 if you include GD) ahead of 7th place. And 1 point (2 if you include GD) ahead of 2nd place.

With Billy Sharp and Lee coming in, players back from injury, and some "easier" games coming up after we play on Saturday, its not looking bad at all in my eyes.

We just need to keep at, grind out some results against promotion rivals like tonight, and also have a few decisions going are way, and there is no reason why we can not reach the PL!

Short and sweet, but this is all that is between us and getting back to where we belong!

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Blood n thunder draw tomorrow will do just fine.

3. Le Tissier's Laces

Le Tissier's Laces Well-Known Member

Getting a result on Valentine's Day would be massive.....

4. Schad

Schad Well-Known Member

Wouldn't say that it gets easier after the weekend...still have Burnley at home and West Ham away before things ease a bit. We survive the next three in second place, I like our chances.

5. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

Totally agree with last comment Burnley certainly ain't a walk over!! N West Ham at Upton Park too!! Tbh 4 points out of those 2 games is a great return...

Cardiff got 2 hard games too Blackpool home and Leicester away!!! The next 2 games for either club could decide the season tbh bold statement but Cardiff been in this situation so many times I'm talking from experience!!

Please beat West Ham they came to this league thinking they can walk it oh how long can they be!! Lol

6. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Coming 2nd to West Ham is no disgrace. By rights they should be walking this league. The same as Newcastle did.

7. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

If last night's results showed anything it is that predicting anything in this league is impossible! Of course I had my pension on West Ham losing 5-1 to Ipswich. Didn't Ipswich lose at home to Forest recently? Let's hope that self-doubt now abounds at Upton Park.

The season won't be decided until the old fat lady starts warbling. She hasn't even cleared her throat yet. This is going to be one of those seasons where we'll look back on long football-free afternoons and realise that, for example, last night's point was golden. Oh, and while Cardiff and Saints fans share an understandable moment of mutual admiration, watch out for the Brum. Saturday's game is huge for all of us!

8. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

I agree if you lose you next game I got a sickening feeling there like the Norwich of last season just storming up the ladder out of nowhere stealing it from the 2 of us!!

We got Birmingham towards the end of the season at home which is a good advantage to have!!

But like I said before where they got these players from since the Carli g cup final they've lost 14 key players :( and as far as I have seen I haven't seen any significant signing to replace the likes of Scott Dann Liam Rigbewell Cameron Jerome and Lee Bowyer to name just a few...

I just hope they lack strength to cope for the whole season!!!