1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The January 2018 Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

Are we paying Wildschut and Naismiths wages on these loans?

2. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Undisclosed no doubt .<ok>

JM Fan likes this.
  3. Forgot_My_Lines

I think we are...

4. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Latest rumours: Gyasi, a winger £600k and Dack, AM for £500k. Bargain basement stuff and hopefully little gems so that we don’t break the bank. Seems to me that DF is expecting Maddison to leave in the next few weeks. As we are now down to one senior misfiring striker, then I think that we are expecting too much to have two.

JM Fan likes this.
  5. Forgot_My_Lines

I really like Dack. He's fantastic. He's another Matt Ritchie.

DHCanary likes this.
  6. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

The press are convinced that Maddison will be on his way shortly, again they suggest Spurs maybe leading the race with a loan back option. Not sure what game they were watching last night though, Whilst Maddison like the rest of the city team did well, I thought absolutely bossing our midfield was a litttle OTT for a night where we struggled to see much of the ball and for long spells Madders was out of the game. When he dropped deeper following all the substitutions I thought he then had a bit more chance to get on it and shine.

None the less, he didn't look out of place so their general message is right, he has no doubt ticked another box for all of his many suitors. Be interesting to see which way he goes, will it be Spurs, Citeh or Loserpoo where he may find game time somewhat fleeting barring at least one more loan next season or perhaps Leicester where his chances of playing in the first XI are at least decent?
    He seems to have his head screwed on so I'm sure what ever he does next will serve him well.

Bah!

7. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Have we signed anyone yet?

Nearly?

Bah!

8. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

9. Scowey

Scowey Well-Known Member

Dack is a terrific little player who Rovers signed for close to £1m last summer. Lots of clubs were interested then (including us- not that we could ever have afforded him... or fit his talent into our workmanlike side) but I'd expect that there would be a few clubs still interested if the bidding hots up, and I'd be amazed if he leaves Rovers for anything less than 4 or 5 million.

10. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I'm sure Tottenham won't be making any decision on whether to sign Maddison or not on the back of the Chelsea game. I suspect that IF they go for Maddison they would want to loan him back with a view to him challenging for a first team place 18 months / 2 years down the line. I think Tottenham are a team we should look to build links with, they play good attacking football, located reasonable near to Norwich and like to bring on and loan out young players. Money aside Maddison to Tottenham if manged well could do us some good it terms of building links.

11. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

Naismith to Hearts on loan now confirmed on Twitter.

12. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Sadly we are still having to pay him £40K per week as they are only paying £10K :(

13. goldeneadie

goldeneadie Well-Known Member

Latest rumours include Arsenal included as suitors to sign him. If all this interest is true, no way should we accept less than £30m. Sessegnon is being quoted at £40m

14. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Dack Blackburn, AM and McClean Aberdeen, AM/winger seem to be in the frame
    Still no new striker on the horizon, so DF must be confident that Basil will stay. He may have one or both of the U23 strikes lined up. This would clearly be the cheapest option. Back to the transfer speculation after yesterday’s drama from Stamford Bridge. Just hope the players can recover from their undoubted commitment to the cause.

15. oldcanariesfan

oldcanariesfan Well-Known Member

What the hell !!!! :steam:<wah>:steam:

JM Fan likes this.
  16. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Just seen this on Evening News website about Gyasi - A Ghana international born in Amsterdam who has been on the Radar of Middlesborough & Sheff Weds, & wanted on loan by Sunderland. Can play as a 2nd striker as well as a winger.

Link to Evening News report (which includes a video) below:

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/ghana-winger-gyasi-linked-with-canaries-1-5360914

canary-dave likes this.
  17. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

I think we started building a relationship with Spurs when we accepted Edwards on loan. DF is supposed to help the young man to get his head straight. That's why I said a few days ago that Spurs sent him here to be "educated."

https://www.football.london/tottenh...rcus-edwards-truth-behind-pochettino-13999084

18. Canary Spring

Canary Spring Well-Known Member

19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Is this just Twitter talk or is there a source for the information? During the Pink'un debate Dave Freezer said that Naismith's wages were closer to £30,000. I doubt very much that we'd loan him out to save £130,000 while we're paying £260,000.

20. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

I've trawled through NewsNow for the report but can't find it, all I could find was EDP saying Hearts are paying 25% of his £30K per week

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwic...ts-to-secure-loan-move-from-norwich-1-5360522

RiverEndRick likes this.