1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours The January 2018 Transfer Window Thread

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by KIO, Dec 15, 2017.

1. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

2. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Zimmerman has been a consistent and committed player and I'm glad he's extended, but both Trybull and Steipermann have higher ratings with Whoscored since they arrived. I'm inclined to wait a bit longer before passing judgement on any of them. Like the idea of a transfer thread though, KIO. Wonder how much business will be done though.

carrowcanario likes this.
  3. CitySlicker2010

CitySlicker2010 Well-Known Member

Very little coming in and potentially, much going out. I think it has been made clear that we skint again so tempting bids for Maddison, Pritchard and Oliveria will be seriously considered. Could Ben Godfrey replace Maddison if he goes? Is he in same mold? Would be delighted to see Naismith go but dreaming will not get me anywhere

4. RiverEndRick

Godfrey is a DM or CB, CS, so closer to Tettey or Trybull really.

5. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

I think farke will leave Godfrey a Shrewsbury for the rest of the season (it'll do his confidence no end of good especially if they get promoted) get rid of Tetty in the summer and give Godrey a decent run in the side next season. Strange but I'm much more excited about next season than this one.

6. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I'm hopeful that we don't see too many leaving CR. Todd Cantwell is JM's successor, but probably needs a half season loan in League 1 to get up to speed.
    I have to agree and the only downside for me is that Naismith will still be on the books until the end of the 2018-2019 season.

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

This window will be a sucess if we manage to keep Maddison and Pritchard, and for me Klose.

That's about it. Not expecting much in the way of coming in, despite our massive need. Wont get a striker in.

Expecting a load of loans out to be extended. Don't think we will do much this window apart from possible sale of stars.

8. CitySlicker2010

Beilik from Arsenal anyone? Do we need another defender? With the possibility of Franke going back to Germany maybe this is the plan to replace him? With two misfiring strikers and others down the pecking order not in the frame to be given a go then surely a new striker? Somebody from the lower leagues worthy of a chance.

9. General Melchett

General Melchett Well-Known Member

Don't see why we'd need another CB, after we panic bought Hanley we will have one too many once Ragout gets here.
    I'd sell Klose if a good bid came in. I think we could improve the team if well spent elsewhere.........well spent....us..........in Webber we trust?

Bah!

10. Hairy Mary Quite Canary

Hairy Mary Quite Canary Well-Known Member

Yep a positive Jan for me will be holding on to Maddison. Not holding my breath given his performance so far this season and his rolling Player of the Month accolades. He's not our best kept secret! Inbound I'd simply be pleased if we find another German league bargain (like Trybull) in the wings.

JM Fan likes this.

11. RiverEndRick

There could be a possibility of a younger striker on loan from the PL if DF doesn't feel that either Fonkeu or Abrahams is ready yet. I'd also rather see Raggett as our fourth CB than get one on loan. This is now a two year project, so we should concentrate on developing younger players with a view to next year's campaign.

12. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And so say all - well, the vast majority, of us <ok>
    But when and where does their chance come to prove they can play at this level?
    It took ages for either / both Murphy boys to make the first team and Godfrey has had the odd appearance. But when we're doing well, each game is too important to 'risk' throwing in a rookie - and when our season is going rapidly down the tubes, as this one appears to be, the games become equally important but for polar opposite reasons.
    Cantwell, Phillips, Fonkeu, Abrahams, etc are not going to help us out of this current mess by dithering around in the under 23's and youth team.

13. JediCanary

JediCanary Well-Known Member

Steven Naismith has admitted he may have to leave City in search for regular first team football, meanwhile City have also been linked with a move for Shrewsbury combative midfielder Jon Nolan, (wasn't his sister a singer??) who was part of Everton's academy. Scored the winner against Blackpool on Saturday in Shrews 1-0 win

14. CitySlicker2010

Delighted to read that Naismith wants to go. He is here to pick up his wages and contribute f a to the team when he is not injured. Talking of injured, what is Mr Jarvis doing other than picking up his wages and visiting the medics for treatment. Another waste of resources and money. Ok, injury can happen, but for a year! Is it a year or is it longer? Beginning to think that some of the players are taking it all and giving f a back.

15. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

The dumbest thing about it all is signing them for such lengthy contracts in the first place.
    Not a legacy Alex Neil or the board (at the time) can be proud of.
    Maybe that's what it took to 'lure' them here, but in terms of contribution to the cause vs cost to the club...no bleedin' contest <grr>

JM Fan likes this.
  16. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Yes, Naismith REALLY took AN for a mug - approx 180 weeks at £40K a week (OK, before tax), but it's a pretty decent 'pension pot!!' <yikes>
    Edit - Just seen this - 'Steven Naismith admits he may have to leave the Canaries in a search for regular first team football.'
    'The 31-year-old however is keen to get back into the first team picture after so long on the sidelines, but appears to be currently behind the likes of Alex Pritchard, James Maddison and Wes Hoolahan in the pecking order.' ie - in his rightful place!!!! :biggrin:
    http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city/canaries-midfielder-naismith-on-future-1-5325787
    PS - that would save approx £2M on the wage bill!!!!!

Last edited: Dec 18, 2017
  17. CitySlicker2010

Naismith appears to want to go to Rangers, but do Rangers want him? Can’t see a transfer fee here but a saving in wages would be considerable.

18. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Exactly CS and I think it would be a good move for all concerned. I see from the article that he gives money to a Glasgow charity and also helps out in the run up to Xmas. I think he'd flourish in the SPL.

19. Walsh.i.am

Forum Moderator

Well, to be fair, money is one commodity he's not short of <grr> <doh>

20. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

Harsh BUT fair!!!! <yikes>