1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Herman Tilke memorial thread

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by (Conor), Sep 13, 2013.

1. (Conor)

(Conor) Well-Known Member

Lets face it, at one point or another we have found ourselves doodling on a scrap piece of paper or something like that, coming up with ideas for F1 tracks (I know I did it a lot during revision for exams). And along with the fact that most of the current F1 track layouts are crap, I figured we could have a thread where we let some of our ideas run free.

It can be whatever you want it to be...be it a redesign of a current track, a new track altogether, a street track, a Tokyo Drift-style piss about in a multi-storey, ANYTHING.

I'll kick things off with something I drew up on Google Earth. It's a Belfast street circuit...

Measures 3.2 miles in length. Can be run either clockwise or anti-clockwise (was designed anti-clockwise, and a couple of the run off areas may not be good enough if driven clockwise). And the chicanes on the back straight are there by necessity, as the straight would be 1.5km long <laugh>

So yeah, let's see what you've got :p

2. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

I had an idea once for a kind of duel track which would be great for a spectator as you would see twice the action. plus it would cost less to buy the land to fit the track in as it would be half the size but just as long distance wise.

kind of like a scalectric or rally super stage where you would start on the outside track which would then switch on to the inside part of the track to complete the lap.

it would take on an outer suzuka spoon section that would go around a Monaco hairpin-esque inner part, A double senna S too!

3. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

You mean like in Race of Champions?

4. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

yeah but a bit bigger for F1 cars

5. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Would you have barricades of burning cars instead of chicanes to slow people down?

6. (Conor)

(Conor) Well-Known Member

Actually I was thinking army checkpoints.

7. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

If the races get boring they could get the water cannons out to drench the track

8. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

"And oh my word, Sebastian Vettel has been caught up in that explosion, and our thoughts go out to his family, but back to the racing and that means that Fernando Alonso has inherited the lead of the Grand Prix here..."