1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

<applause> <doh> :headbang:<steam>

This is my summary for this evening.

BucksFox and nzfoxfan like this.
  2. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

Extra time should be abolished

3. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Thoroughly enjoyed the Roma game. Thats what we strive for, games and nights (early morning for me) like that. Almost a typical smash and grab but ewe got that deserved equalizer. Thought Abraham was outstanding and Smalling not far behind. Saw Youri getting slammed on social media but I thought he was great, playing deeper and so not as expressive as normal. Cant wait for the second leg. Can just see KDH getting a winner in his first experience at this level.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think we can all assume now that Tielemans is leaving - can’t blame him and good luck to the lad.

I know they’ve played together most the season, but KDH does seem to be his natural replacement next to Ndidi with Maddison just in front of them.

It’s looking very much like Milner might be leaving Liverpool - we do seem to love a ‘Golden Oldie’ signing and wouldn’t mind seeing him slot straight in - a true professional with a real underrated quality on the ball

5. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Death, taxes and Kane scoring against us. The inevitable things in life.

On to more important matters, we're going Rome, we're going Rome. Leicester's going Rome :1980_boogie_down:<cheers>:1980_boogie_down:

6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Brendan clearly not happy with Soyuncu. We're desperately in need of a combative centre half to partner Wes next season. Vestergaard has been very much a non-signing for us. In fact we need more combativeness right from the front, starting with Daka and Barnes. And I wouldn't say no to a keeper who can command his 6 yard box either. Kasper has great reflexes but doesn't help his centre halves very often by coming and punching or catching dangerous crosses. A defeat on Thursday would make our season one to forget. If we go down, we have to go down swinging without being careless.

FosseFilberto and Lcfcfox1 like this.
  7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

good luck tomorrow.

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Cheers mate ... same to you boys

Big Ern likes this.
  9. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Couple of my old school mates out there and have found a bar run by a Lazio fan

IMG-20220505-WA0005.jpg

Big Ern likes this.
  10. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Anyone else noticed, especially on Talksport, that they have hardly mentioned Leicester in the conference cup, as they think it's a waste of time.

Mark my words, if next season, Man Utd or Arsenal drop in to the conference cup, Talksport will be all over it like a tramp on chips!!

11. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Well that was disappointing. Shows how much we miss Wilf, changes the hole setup. Hope the lads are switched on for the rest of the season starting by helping to ease Everton into the championship

HarboroughFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Couple of years back you would have done that quite easily, now i feel you are just going to let everyone down.

13. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Too many below par performances ... but the decision to have Pereira mark Abrahams at set pieces sits solely with Brenda ... he is their top scorer and he scores most of his goals as an old fashioned centre-forward ... absolutely criminal not to have one of Evans, Fofana or Justin marking him rather than a guy with a 6 inch height disadvantage....

Don't get me started on the officials ... hope they were just completely incompetent ... but it did stink ... how, with the supposed assistance of VAR, the hauling down of Fofana by Smalling in the box at a corner in the first 5 minutes is not a penalty needs serious investigation by UEFA ... that set the standard for the rest of the game ... we were gonna get absolutely nowt from that ref and the other officials... leaves a really bad taste...

For what it's worth ... provided Brenda puts out his best XI against Everton, I think we will give them a spanking ... certainly you would hope we are hurting and wanting to prove a point.

Foxy in Foyle and HarboroughFox like this.
  14. HarboroughFox

There was a very similar situation in the Premier League a couple of weeks a go where a penalty was given for holding at a corner. What is the point of VAR. Every man and his dog could see Smalling not even looking at the ball and his sole priority was to stop little Wes at all costs, which he did. I know their keeper may as well gone shopping for the evening, but had that penalty been given and assuming Vardy tucked it away, what a totally different game it would have been.

And as for giving a goal kick when Perez back heeled it on to the defender in the last 5 minutes, just summed up that ref's performance!!!!

15. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

I didn't see the game, but it sounds like the antics on the corner were similar to Spurs first goal. A huge push from Dier on one of our players to create space for Kane to run into. Ricardo marking Abraham sounds nonsensical to me. Could Kasper have come off his line to help out? The description of the header was described as 'from very close range' on BBC reporting.

16. HarboroughFox

Abraham was on the edge of the 6 yard area and we all know Kasper never comes off his line.

Just wondering if it's worth going for someone like Nick Pope. A lot of rumours about a big clear out and I know Kasper is one of the best at shot stopping and 1 on 1's, but we need help from corners and if your keeper sticks to his line all the time, you are asking for trouble IMO.

17. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

The corner had some pace on it, so I dont blame KS in this instance. As Fosse said, having Ricardo marking Abrahams was stupidity to the nth degree.

18. Barwellfox

Barwellfox Well-Known Member

Nick Pope has the same qualities as Kasper. Good shot stopper, **** kicking, and doesnt wear a crucifix (he hates crosses). Where are Banks, Shilton and Wallington when you need them?

19. HarboroughFox

Wallington was "my 1st" keeper when I started going down to Filbo.

20. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Was Shilts for me ... a cross into our box was just conceding possession...

Might be time to bring Iversen back from Preston ... lad seems to get rave reviews and is bigger build than Kasper...