1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

No Maddison in the squad for the QPR game. Injury or something more?

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Mrs had the baby today.

3. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

congrats foxy - you must be exhausted as well ! <laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh><laugh>

4. Foxy in Foyle

No babies here thankfully, that's a level of disruption to life I'm avoiding <cheers>

5. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Signing Gary Cahill on a one year contract would enable us to concentrate on a right winger now. He’d be fine as cover and playing in cup games. Go for a good centre back next year then.

nzfoxfan likes this.
  6. Foxy in Foyle

Good to start the season with a trophy * shield

*And obviously it's only pre-season friendly if you lose <laugh>

AstroFox likes this.
  7. Foxy in Foyle

As the teams were presented to whoever the bloke/dignitary was, the Premier League, FA Cup and Charity Shield were all lined up. We've won all 3 in the last 5 years. That still blows my mind tbh :emoticon-0145-shake

nzfoxfan likes this.
  8. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Any trophy win is welcome. Helps build and sustain that winning mentality and shows players Leicester is a club where you can win things. It may only be a friendly and charity raiser but you have to win something previously to be in it so its still an important trophy in my opinion. Everyone played well and we didnt look any weaker with all the changes so we are getting good depth. I do wish Armartey would wear a size smaller shorts though :emoticon-0112-wonde

9. Lcfcfox1

Lcfcfox1 Active Member

I thought Amartey had a half decent game, and I think we have an absolute steal in Bertrand great game from him!
    Daka looks really quick and think he is going to terrify some prem defences this season.
    Soumare looks as though he isn’t going to take any prisoners and the way he rode through their midfield after winning about 6 tackles was amazing, if we can get backup for central defence then we could have another great season.

10. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

please log in to view this image

luvgonzo likes this.

11. nzfoxfan

Well game one done and three points in the bag. Thought we looked seriously underdone and other than Vardys brilliant finish no where near clinical enough. We were also fortunate Traore has no end product as we will be punished by more clinical sides. Thought Thomas was outstanding, Armartey and even Vestergaard not so good.

Foxy in Foyle likes this.
  12. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

A bit harsh on Amartey. Yes, he made a couple of mistakes, but he also made 2 or 3 incredible blocks when we were desperately defending.

Lucky to get 3 points, but I’m sure we will come away from games with nothing when we deserved something from it.

13. leicesterlove

All I’ve heard from all the Wolves fans round here is how unlucky they were, how much better they were and how poor we looked. They’re unbelievable. I’ve tried pointing out it was pretty even but ultimately we’ve got a better striker. That was met with derision!

14. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

They were lucky to still be in it at half time ... we rode our luck for sure ... but mainly because Brenda seemed to take the view that we would hold on to what we had ... always makes me nervous, that approach... but ultimately Brenda was proven correct, we have 3 points and Wolves have none ... but they do get an honourable mention in dispatches for having caused us some uncomfortable moments... good for them <laugh>

AstroFox and leicesterlove like this.
  15. HarboroughFox

Put your 1 on 1's away then!

16. leicesterlove

What a load of crap that was. I know we have problems in defence but they just rolled over and let West Ham run riot. The need to get a proper right winger couldn’t have been clearer, Perez is just a waste of a player out wide and Maddison brought absolutely nothing. Utter sh!te.

FosseFilberto likes this.
  17. nzfoxfan

The one positive is that Perez is now out for a game or three so we will see what Rodgers plans for Praet are. Defensively we are obviously stretched. Thought Armartey actually played well and you have to give Antonio credit for the was he played. Cags certainly didnt have a good game and probably misses that organizer in the middle. Youri scored but also got bustled off the ball a few times. All round a poor display and while there was plenty of time left at the sending off we were already looking second best.

Foxy in Foyle and FosseFilberto like this.
  18. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

It is difficult to know whether we would have improved in the game if we had kept 11 players on the pitch. Up until that point we had played some very pretty passing that had led to nothing, but lacked any type of fight or determination when we lost the ball. I have to agree with NZ about Perez. How he keeps getting selected is beyond me. And that continuous faffing around at the back is getting beyond ridiculous.

With our backs to the wall throughout the match we needed all 10 players to step up, but none - apart from maybe Ricardo - did. Maddison spent all his time sitting on his backside appealing for a foul every time he got tackled. Someone has to remind Barnes that he must get goalside of his opponent if he wants to actually make a challenge and defend. Standing by the side or just in front of him means he's pretending.

I can't see Rodgers bringing Praet back for Perez. The poor chap can't have played more than a few minutes over the last year. And do we persevere with Maddison?

It's early days and we know the defence has been decimated, but the rest of the team looks very lightweight at the moment.

leicesterlove likes this.
  19. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Has to go down as a very poor day at the office ... poor decision making by several players and Brenda should have brought on Soumari much earlier ... hopefully a good shake up for the players ... but we do need a bit of luck on the injury front.

20. HarboroughFox

What a pathetic performance. Kasper made a couple of decent saves and IMO only Ricardo put a shift in and deserves to keep his shirt for Saturday.

I actually thought Perez was doing ok, until the red card (and yes it was a clear red) but everywhere online,Perez is again getting grilled. I understand that, but a lot of fans only see what they want to see. Nobody has mentioned Vardy giving the ball away that led to a goal, Tieleman's had a schocker, Maddison did absolutely F all etc, etc.

It is about time players stopped thinking they can play the next game regardless of how they perform. If I was Brenda, I would make a point of it against Norwich and drop "the stars" to hopefully give them a kick up the backside.

I know this won't happen, but I would go with the following against Norwich.

Kasper
    Amartey, Ndidi, Benkovic
    Ricardo, Soumare,Praet, Dewsbury-Hall, Castagne
    Daka, Barnes

I don't like Ndidi at the back as we lose so much from midfield, but for Saturday, I feel we have no choice.