1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Here's hoping the lightweight goons can do us a favour before we smash them next game up <whistle>

2. leicesterlove

leicesterlove Active Member

Going in front helped. Palace had to come forward a bit more then which left more space when we attacked. Hopefully this will restore some confidence and with Maddison back in we should be stronger. We never make things easy for ourselves!

3. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

It took 2 gift goals to get us over the line, but we could and should have had it won in the first half. Hopefully this will restore some much needed confidence.

I think we will miss Chilwell if he's out for any length of time. He had another good game today and was a constant and positive threat down the left. He looked much more comfortable without Barnes, which left him one on one rather than two on two. There is no way that Fuchs will be able to show the same energy.

4. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Barnes in front of Fuchs however could be a good combo. Barnes strengths will compensate for Fuchs weaknesses

5. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

serves you right for ignoring the not606 reverse jinx rules <doh>

6. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... errmmm they won ... as I was hoping <doh>

7. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

err so they did <laugh>

I'm still not sure i believe it - never know it may get overturned by VAR.<whistle>

8. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Much improved all round ... hopefully we'll have Maddison back for the Arsenal game. They are playing well but still look shaky at the back.

9. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

Rogers knew the importance and came out with a great lineup which showed intent. First half was another frustrating one with some decent half chances without hitting the target. Was impressed with the subs with all of them contributing. First look at Bennet and he did OK. Of course the highlight is Vardys achievement, what a player is. His loyalty to the club has been well rewarded. The use of the word legend is used often but he will be a club legend forever.

Diego likes this.
  10. BucksFox

Er, it's been so long since he played, can you just remind me what his strengths are again. :biggrin:

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Bennet looked accomplished and comfortable- did nowt wrong. One thing that Fuchs does bring is a better final ball.

12. JohnTheFox

On the ball, delivery, footballing brain. His age is against him so not as mobile as he was so the youth of Barnes could add that support if Chilwell is out

13. BucksFox

I was actually referring to Barnes not Fuchs. Agree that Fuchs is still a very good player and can still deliver a mean ball, but his lack of pace now does concern me.

14. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

... that's why I like to see Hamza there as cover ... plus Arsenal hate him because he makes Guendouzi and Torreira cry <laugh>

15. JohnTheFox

Ah my bad! Didn’t realise you meant Barnes. Tbh Barnes return has been good, 7 goals and 8 assists in the league in his first full season. He’s something like equal 4th in the league for assists. Put someone with similar goal involvement return on the other side and we’ll be laughing. He had a bit of a shocker in the first couple of games back but was back on it yesterday and was our main threat before the season was halted.

16. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

Encouraging performance ... never get much there ... was sweating the VAR review but we deserved at least a point <cheers>

HarboroughFox likes this.
  17. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

When you consider no Pereira, Maddison and Chilwell then reasonably happy. Schmeichel was superb in the first half when they could have been 2 or 3 ahead. Having said that Iheanacho was perhaps denied a legit goal. Second half thought we were superb and again showed we now have depth in the squad. Earlier Tierney had been touted as a possible replacement for Chilwell. Cant see Arsenal letting him go now.

18. JohnTheFox

That’s a really good result in isolation. Lots of promise again and we had our chances. I felt the ref was awful for the most part, almost seemed like he had his own 2 meter distancing whereby a free kick is given if our lads came within 2 meters of them. They were so frustrating flopping and diving at every opportunity not to mention the time wasting.
    I actually felt it was quite a soft red but by today’s standards it is really. You could tell they were trying and trying to find a reason to rule the goal out but couldn’t. I felt the first half goal should have stood as Kolasanic knew what he was doing obstructing Nacho then falling to the floor. Two great crosses from Vardy for that and the second half volley. And from a Gray for the goal.
    As I say, great result in isolation, only our second point there in the the ‘premier league era’. Had they won they’d have got worrying close but one win mathematically puts them and most of the chasing pack out of sight. Bar a collapse it looks like 5th could be worst case scenario but probably most likely. It looks like Chelsea and Man Utd are favourites for 3rd/4th and the damage may be done with the previous dropped points.
    Financially we need Man City’s ban to hold so 5th gets CL. Finances aside, it seems a bit hollow and EL would be fair.

19. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

What are man city banned for - is it likely to be upheld do we know?

20. JohnTheFox

To do with fair play, don’t know any more detail than that. The rumour is that UEFA gave a two year ban so it could be appealed and downgraded to one which would make sense. They would lose face if the ban was completed over turned.