1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I agree on the Vardy one especially. Silva’s dad is his agent so normal for agents to slag clubs and managers off

Peter Schmeichel is doing punditary and is world respected for his views. He cant exactly sit there lying but probably could have got on the fence abit more. There was ways of him slagging Puel off with actually saying it

Doesnt matter what is being said. Its not a happy camp inside the training ground or the KP. Ive had enough of the toxic atmosphere like Man U did with Jose. Only 1 way to lift it now. We have gone too far for any other options

2. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Sadly I think Vardy and Schmeichel’s time should be coming to an end. Player power is the root cause and has done for the last couple of managers. It’s clearly not the newer and younger players. Thats not to say Puel stays but these two will do the same to the next manager

3. Proud Fox

We need a strong manager. Under Nigel Pearson as soon as someone got too big they was out the door. Mills, Beckford, Danns and St. Ledger was causing problems

That sent a message to everyone else about who was in charge. Whilst I agree player power is a problem but its not just abit ot player power as to why Puel has lost them. He decisions dont hope. The Dragovic-Morgan one last year was strange and since then his decisions have been more and more questionable

I think letting Simpson, Morgan, Okazaki, Fuchs go at the end will signal towards the end of the 2016 squad as just Vardy, Albrighton and Schmeichel will remain

4. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think I’m starting to dislike Vardy, but I’m not sure...

I start to worry he’s getting too full of himself and think he’s above the club...

5. Proud Fox

There is alot wrong on many levels atm. There is a cloud above us

6. JohnTheFox

Puel is being strong to an extent dropping him! Stronger than previous managers anyway. It appears most of the players are happy and supportive of Puel. You have one to two or the old guard and maybe one or two like Silva who haven’t been playing. End of the day, we don’t all like our managers in our regular jobs in the real world and have to get on with our jobs. Yes we might vent to our other half back at home but that’s private. Why should it be any different because it’s football?

7. Proud Fox

Because of money and ego’s. If you work for Tesco, a bank, mcdonalds, amazon or whatever. You will always be much easier to replace then a manager. Companies will back their managers over other staff

But in football the managers are the one who are easier to replace and will carry the can before the players. Its much much easier for us to replace Claude Puel. We have spent £80M+ trying to find someone to replace/cover Jamie Vardy and had no success

Peter Schmeichel was asked for his views and gave them as a pundit on tv. He didnt just start tweeting or anything

8. JohnTheFox

You’re right about why it is but it doesn’t make it right. If these players are going to try and force manager after manager out and dictate who the manager is, they need to go. No players or manager are bigger than the club. The club has faith in the project and for senior players to disrespect that as it doesn’t suit their own agenda isn’t good enough whoever they are (this is from someone who would admit Vardy is my favourite ever to wear the shirt). Obviously I’d rather they knuckle down and get on with what they are paid handsomely to do but I’d much rather we don’t become a club who gives in the player power

9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Let you into a little secret ... went up to a school reunion in December in Leicester ... one of my mates, who I would trust with my life, has a daughter that works at the club on the commercial side ... he told me this ... after winning the title Ranieri told the players that they would need to change the style going forward if they wanted to achieve even more than they had already ... some took exception and started to undermine him ... one of the biggest culprits was Vardy ... who more or less led the rebellion that ended with Claudio's sacking ... Claudio was too much of a gentleman to name any culprits ... I love him for that ....

... but another **** stirrer and the most arrogant and, to this day, most hated by the rank and file working at the club ... Kasper Schmeichel ... apparently the staff absolutely loath him ...

... now we'll all have our own views... but I've known my mate since I was 16 years old and I have never known him be anything but completely honest and honourable ... I'd trust him with my life ... and no exaggeration ... really came as a shock to me as I had been a huge Vardy fan ... so that Puel has now dropped him and is looking for any sort of alternative, comes as less of a surprise to me than it might to some ...

10. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I for one believe you. Surprised by Kasper though, always comes across as very professional - but sometimes these very driven players irritate everyone in their path to achieve the best. For Kasper, it seems to be working...

I am going off Vardy however...

11. Proud Fox

I never pay any attention to stuff like these because people outside the training ground dont have a clue what goes on really. Its all chinese whispers

I highly doubt people on the commercial side of the club have any inkling of what is being said or done at the training ground

12. JohnTheFox

Maybe, but why does that make all the Chinese whispers about Puel true? Either it’s all true or none is. You always say Puel is hated around the club like it is fact

13. Proud Fox

There is no smoke without fire with Puel. Its coming across in team selections, subs, media, fans etc. In the last 2 weeks we have Vardy calling him a ****ing nobhead picked up on camera and Peter Schmeichel having a pop about him

And someone who works on the phones at the stadium claiming Schmeichel is up himself in and around the training ground doesnt hold any weight

Completely different

14. JohnTheFox

The same could be said with the players. Manager after manager leaves with rumours of players being unhappy. Same would be the case with the next manager and one after that. Sorry it’s completely biased to believe anything you read about Puel is true but anything over the last 3 years that relates to Vardy and Schmeichel being toxic is rubbish

15. Proud Fox

Im not naive enough to believe Vardy, Schmeichel or anyone else are angels. Like every club we will have some bad eggs. Sometimes the worse ones are the ones you lease suspect

But personally I think we have had weak leadership from managers for sometime

Ranieri tried to guide the players rather then lead them. He worked brilliantly when things was going well but when it didnt they turned against him. I think he lost the players rather then individually while its the opposite with Puel. He has lost too many individuals

Shakey was known here for too long before as the assistant. We all know the difficulties he would have had going from a number 2 to a manager

Puel again isnt a strong leader. His seems to be happy to go against the players rather then getting them in line

NP was the last strong manager we had and there was no tolerance of player power etc

Our next manager needs to be strong with the players. Get them onside but make sure they know where the line is and who is in charge but not the way Puel goes about it as he keeps alienating himself even more

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

She is in a very senior position at the club and has day to day dealings with the owners, management team and players ... you can doubt all you want but knowing her dad since we were kids he would not pass on mere rumour or whispers ...

The Vardy comments didn't completely surprise me ... although they did disappoint me ... it was Ranieri that made him the main striker playing through the middle and, for me, that warranted more loyalty ...

The bit about Kaspar was a real shock ... my buddy actually posed the question "There is one particular player at the club that is universally loathed by all of the staff due to his rudeness and arrogance. You'll never guess who it is" ... I didn't, I gave up ...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
  17. JohnTheFox

Pearson was in charge before the title which seems to have gone to some players heads. Probably not comparable to Ranieri onwards. Any manager shouldn’t have to be that forceful, players should respect the manager. The young players like Puel as they can see what he’s doing and the project. It’s the older ones who feel threatened that their time is drawing to a close. No player or manager is bigger than the club but right now we need to go through this rebuilding process so if that means bye to Vardy and Schmeichel so be it. Of course I’d rather they just get with the programme and concentrate on their game not running to the press and their families to try and get managers sacked

18. Proud Fox

But regardless of player behaviour. This has happened everywhere Puel has been

Lyon fans rioted and players revolted, the Southampton players and fans went the same way that we have

Ive said many times there is alot to like about Puel but at the same time he makes too many poor and stupid decisions every week. He is too naive and stubborn which apparently is the reason the players have turned on him

19. JohnTheFox

You’ve quoted two previous jobs where you think Puel has been a problem according to rumours so let’s say it’s all true and this is 3. For the players in questions this is now the third manager after Ranieri and Shakespeare. Sorry but to get rid of Puel and keep Vardy and Schmeichel around would send out a horrible message about this club

20. Proud Fox

No rumours. Lyon fans was rioting in the streets