1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The General Chat Thread.

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by AKCJ, Jan 8, 2012.

1. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Sad to see him leave. Imo he should be ahead of James for many reasons but for how things are its best for his career to move on

2. nzfoxfan

nzfoxfan Well-Known Member

It will be a shame to see him (King) go. Unfortunately you don't often get a fairy tale finish to a career but he has been magnificent and I would wish him well where ever he goes.

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

W
    echoed

4. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

Unfortunately pedigree doesn't show through if you play your football in a team/league that doesn't suit your game. Take Mo Farah and Usain Bolt. Both great athletes, but put Farah in a world class 100 metre race and Bolt in a 10,000 metres and they would come last.

5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... not if thee and me are also running <laugh>

6. Proud Fox

While im glad we have got rid of goal music as fire was both inappropriate and dated now but I would have kept the goal horn. Just play the goal horn when we score and nothing else

7. leicester_ed

Agreed

8. leicester_ed

9. nzfoxfan

Proud Fox likes this.
  10. Proud Fox

11. leicester_ed

12. Proud Fox

13. nzfoxfan

Just finished watching Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix and found it really interesting. What a shambles of a club. Poor old Simon Grayson never had a hope of halting the slide with Coleman also having no effect. Jack Rodwell doesn't come across in a good light and its also unusual that John O'Shea as captain of the club doesn't feature at all other than being in shot on occasion. Worth a watch.

14. leicester_ed

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Made a thread here mate https://www.not606.com/threads/england-footballer-alleged-to-have-taken-cocaine.370604/ - have the same thoughts as you about Puel.

16. Proud Fox

17. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

Can't be one of ours. Claude on a night out? But it's often the quiet one's you have to watch, perhaps Claude is a secret party animal...

18. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

We seem to have our own Puelexit situation at the moment. With there being so much divided opinion about the manager over his team selections which is leading to constant calls from some supporters for him to be sacked, would it not be a good thing for the board to issue a statement explaining what their ambitions are for the club over the next 5 years? I know the original plan 5 years ago was to be in the top 5 or 6 of the league by this time. Obviously things were changed by us winning the league in year 3 but then losing our way.

The football club are a business and the supporters are to a degree shareholders, so I'm sure many would like to know what the situation with money, transfers and playing policy is, and where the club's ambitions lie now. Is it naive to expect such openness from the club? Is Puel merely carrying out the board's wishes to concentrate on league position at the expense of all else? It would seem a little unfair on him if that is the case but they are letting him take all the flak without defending him. Maybe the board would never admit to such a policy as it would be unpopular with the fans and it leaves them with the option of making the manager the fall guy at the end of the day if the policy doesn't work.

BigFox and FosseFilberto like this.
  19. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

I would never expect the club to come out publically with most of that. Stuff like finances/transfers are best kept quiet so as not to get stung on wages/fees. In terms of ambition, yes they could say more but maybe that’s what they have done through Puel. I don’t want us to be a club that shout publically from the roof tops saying we will do this and that and falling on our faces. As long as ambition is sold to potential signings I am comfortable with how the club is operating. Financially wise we are not even best of the rest as Puel mentions and the likes of Leeds coming up will be another attractive proposition for players. We need a USP so investing in young players rather than the West Ham/Wolves/Everton method seems sensible imo

20. Proud Fox

Puel done a press conference yesterday where he came out fighting and stood up for himself.

But he went on to claim we cant compete with Wolves, West Ham and Everton! What he is on?