1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic The Boris Johnson Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Aug 28, 2019.

1. AgentofAlnwick

AgentofAlnwick Well-Known Member

Brexit may be no further forward, but the whole picture has changed since 51.8% voted 'leave'.
    The election of 2017 was supposed to shore up May's majority in pursuit of a deal to leave the E.U. I believe 45% of the electorate voted Tory, UKIP or DUP. 55% voted SNP, LibDem, Green, Labour or PC.
    The parties supporting Brexit lost that election. Another referendum should probably have taken place shortly after that election or at least soon after May's deal with the E.U was struck. As far as I'm concerned, we should revoke A50 and if we want to restart this madness after a General Election then so be it.

The Ides of March likes this.
  2. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

It will be interesting to see the impact of the Brexit party at the forthcoming election as they will take seats in the North.

Also interesting to see how well the lib dems do as they should make some big gains from Labour hard remainers too in the South.

labour seem on the rocks and opinion polls suggest that despite the fat ones woes... he continues to gain popularity at the expense of Albert Steptoe.

3. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

You missed the bit about the Tories losing up to 60 seats in 'remainer' areas down here in the South. Oh, and the fact that this 'lose seats in the North' assumes that all people who voted leave 3 years ago will vote Tory.
    It's all very simple:
    Leavers want an election as they believe the single issue will split remainers vote and hence the Tories get another 4 years.
    Remainers want a referendum which they are very confident about winning.
    Meanwhile, still trying to find what leaving Europe does for us as a country or as individuals :)

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

not long till we all find out <cheers>

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Brexit Party will get nada!! Oops sorry! They are in Government at the moment but have the gall to present themselves as "Conservatives."

6. The Ides of March

Remember folks it was Johnson, Rees-Mogg and the ERG group, together with the DUP who voted against the Brexit bill in the spring. If they had voted for the bill we would have exited by now, so we know who to blame. Johnson, the ERG and the DUP for denying the "will of the people."

7. The Ides of March

The over-riding philosophy of the right-wing of the Conservative party is to divide and rule. There was no need for a referéndum in 2016, but as we have seen since the consequences have been very destructive as it has set family members against each other, football supporters of the same club at each others throats, all because of an internal spat within the ruling Conservative party, who in a vain attempt to garner support play the worst aspects of the nationalist card.

The moral: Never vote Tory until they jettison the ERG, Mogg, Johnson and the other rabid nutcases. The Tories need more people like Rory Stewart, Anna Soubry, Hammond and a set of values that match those of Germany´s Christian Democrats.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  8. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Or you honor the result of the democratic referendum - stop being butt hurt because you lost - come out with on the 31st Oct as was always the idea - With a good deal or tell the EU to **** off - and then if it goes pear shaped in 5-10 years we can always ask to rejoin - the EU will be so ****ed a decade after we leave it probably wont be there any more having tried to keep Greece a float - Spains going under, Germany's hitting another recession, the whole thing looks like a duck on water - all calm and serene on the surface but beneath what you can see they are kicking frantically trying to stay afloat.

9. The Ides of March

While in the UK everything looks wonderful under the democracy of Adolf Johnson, Goebels Rees-Mogg, Himmler Patel. Just can´t wait

10. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

But you're no doubt still happy with your own little undemocratic group ignoring the referendum result.

11. G4rdToonArmy

Wow!!! Nothing like a reasonable argument from a remoaner! :emoticon-0175-drunk

I do find the left hilarious, do what ever you want, be gay, be a rainbow, be you... unless you disagree with me and my point of view then I'm going to call you a racist, xenephobic, nazi and throw milkshakes at you!

Next you'll be looking like this lass:
    please log in to view this image

12. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

B7832A21-6AC8-4312-9474-80E85537FDAA.jpeg

G4rdToonArmy likes this.
  13. The Ides of March

Nice to know that all your Geordies have so much in common with silver-spoon fed Eton Boys Mogg and Johnson, rather than merchant seamen like Prescott and ex-posties like Alan Johnson, who I think see the advantages of staying in the EU for the working class people of the UK, whereas the Mogg and Johnson will diss on the working class and you know it.

14. The Ides of March

You have such a lot in common with the Eton elite, don´t you? Why do they want Brexit? It is not for the same reasons that you do? They have another hidden agenda so beware!!

15. The Ides of March

Whereas Johnson is entitled to another one because he did not like the Brexit bill that would have seen us out by now, if he and his treacherous mates had not stabbed Theresa May in the back. But of course Johnson is going to get a terrific deal, isn´t he because he is the Messiah that the UK has long been waiting for?

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
  16. The Ides of March

Wow! You were a remainer. It would be great to see Mogg combust alongside your hero and that´s both of them gone.!

17. G4rdToonArmy

From Surrey my good man, these pauper silver spoon munchers have nothing on us, Diamond or platinum spoons only for me mate.

The Ides of March likes this.
  18. The Ides of March

<laugh>

19. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Champion’s League Prediction League Champion
    Forum Moderator

At least I am able to recognise that all the Leaders of the Political Parties are inept and that the politicians have all got their own agenda. You seem to be blinkered on that point..

I've got a lot in common with the Eton elite because they want Brexit for different reasons than me? Not sure if I follow that to be honest.

So far you haven't given, as far as I can see, a credible answer to why we should ignore the referendum result. Care to give it a try? Preferably addressing why a referendum vote should be ignored where the majority of those voting decided we leave the EU.

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Forum Moderator

That lass just needs an apple in her mouth.. a cooking spit up her arse and a good camp fire to set the hog roast off nicely.
    Not wanting to judge but she looks like a fat rug munching lezzer <ok>
    Wouldn't touch her with Groot's.