1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

The Angst-ometer

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by aswan_dam, Nov 8, 2015.

?

Which category do you fall into?

Poll closed Nov 20, 2015.
  1. Garry Monk is the future of Swansea City and we should stick by him, even if relegated.

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. If we're in the bottom 3 at Easter, he should be replaced in an attempt to stay up.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm increasingly concerned, but he deserves the opportunity to turn it round. Dec 31st.

12 vote(s)
    41.4%
  4. He's got one last chance against Bournemouth. If we don't win that, he has to go.

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  5. I'm finished with Garry Monk. A new manager has to be installed immediately.

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

With feelings running high following the defeat to Norwich, where do you sit with your current level of concern?

2. Shaper

Shaper Active Member

What a dreadfully biased poll. I'm in the category...

"Monk is a decent manager and will probably turn this around. I'm concerned by our current form, but I think it will be ok. I hate the ****ers calling for his head. Know your place. We're 14th. That's about right. We're Swansea City. 8th -14th varying on the year is somewhere I'm happy being. I don't believe we will be relegated and even if we did, I won't be slaughtering my family and going to live in the foothills of the Rockies with my bear. It's a simple equation. I follow Swansea City. We could go down and I will follow them. We could stay up and I'll follow them. Happy with the current form? No. Panicking? No. Calm the **** down, Guys"

I didn't see that option so I put my own.

beppeswan likes this.
  3. aswan_dam

aswan_dam Well-Known Member

Sorry if you think it's a dreadfully biased poll. I thought I did my best to give a full range of options.

There's only a very limited amount of text you can put in the options boxes so there's no opportunity to pad it out as you suggested. I'm pleased you posted that Shaper, as I think a poll sometimes gives a more balanced view overall than reading the posts of those who shout the loudest.

But there are a also a lot of people on here who feel very strongly that Monk's time is up.

4. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I've voted for the Bournemouth game as his last chance.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

Nah. Got to go now imo. So you pat Monk on the back if we beat Bournemouth - a bottom three side that, despite playing well at times look odds on to be relegated. I'm sorry but if we win that is only papering over the cracks imo - something that happened when we beat the worst Villa side in years.

The Board were much bolder when they sacked Laudrup so why is Monk being given so much latitude? Enough is enough.

6. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Shaper I have the tee shirt for following them through thick and thin for 57 years. If I'm lucky I've got 10 years left and I want to see us remain in the PL for the remainder of my time.

7. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Regardless who's managing its a results / success is all game these days , and in this cut throat league a mainly losing streak for a couple of months or more can be terminal. The added incentive of the big money pot next year adds to that even more ! Sorry but like Gomis, Monks had more than enough time to sort things out but seems unable or incapable of doing so ?

8. Kifflom!

Where's Dai? Very quiet. I'm waiting for the inevitable "look how far we've come" comment (Shaper has hinted at that approach already which really winds me up) as well as "we have no right to win any game in this League" yadda yadda yadda.

I'm sorry but we are an established Prem side. A side with its best squad since we arrived and a side that is woefully under-performing. A side that couldn't manage a single shot on target against a poor team that hasn't had a clean sheet at all this season before yesterday. Looking at their board they think they're ****ing world-beaters right now and I wouldn't be surprised if all our players receive thank you cards from them through the post.

The Manager has to take the blame for that and should be sacked forthwith.

9. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

You are so full of **** it's unbelievable. I thought it was just our board where you posted this turgid crap.

10. Kifflom!

Look pal, your board has posters calling Swans fans on this board "ignorant" and that what was happening here was "amusing". I'm not having that.

I merely responded that we are still above you, that I still believe that Norwich will be in trouble this season and yes, that we are **** too. Yesterday was the first game all season that you have kept a clean sheet in a win that you thoroughly deserved. But that's not the mark of a good team. You're leaky at the back and your league position is poor. My comment was met with responses on how ****ing great you are. Bollocks. You're not. That's why most fans here are annoyed and upset at Monk.

That's not "****" it's the truth. If you can't handle that it's not my problem. <ok>

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Putting aside the fact that we're playing in the PL would you be concerned if we were playing in Div 3 ? . I would for the same reasons I've posted previously ,

12. Canary Rob

Yeah I came to this board because I was surprised by the comment as over the years on not606 Swans posters have been some of the best. Always good for a chat.

I see now that when he was calling Swans fans ignorant, what he actually meant was just you.

No-one on our board thinks we'll be anything but in trouble. We're not a good side by PL standards (though I'm positive there are three worse). Everyone expects us to be in a relegation battle and if we stay up it will be late in the season. Why? Because we didn't invest much over the summer and most other teams in the league are better than ours.

However, all that's been said on our board is that (a) we're a better team than the one which got relegated under Hughton and (b) performances have been much better than results so far this season, other than yesterday. Both of which are absolutely true. If Butland wasn't suddenly a fantastic keeper we'd have two more points. Poor defending at the death cost us two more against West Ham in a match when we could have scored a hatful. Then we'd have been sitting pretty in joint tenth and your autistic "the league table doesn't lie" argument would be looking silly.

But we need points, not plaudits and we know that. Our defence has been the major problem and it tightened up against a motoring Man City last weekend with our first clean sheet yesterday. Well I'm sorry that our fans are quite pleased about this upturn in our defence. I'm really really sorry. But the fact is we looked like we were heading into the bottom three before Christmas and so those three points were quite welcome and no less than we deserved, which has been unusual this season.

So to have you swinging your big dick all over our board like you think Swansea are mighty ManUnited is just you trolling, looking for a little WUM. Well congratulations, aren't you the big guy. But it's massively disappointing because until now I've liked swans fans. Let's hope you're the only tool in the bag though, eh? Keep your ignorance on this board please. You're not my "pal". Thanks.

13. Kifflom!

Now you're making a fool of yourself. Look at the timing of the posts before mouthing off. The comments about us being "ignorant and amusing" were BEFORE my response. <doh> Seems you're the tool, eh? How would you have felt if we'd have won yesterday and our fans were gloating like that? Exactly.

Look at my posts. There was no abuse, no trolling. I merely brought you down to earth after those comments by one of your lot by pointing to the fact that you are still below us and are not a great team. Far from it - and you seem to agree. If you think Swans fans are going to pat you on the back when your lot say that we are "ignorant" and find our plight "amusing" then you're very very wrong. Sorry to bust up your cosy idea of Swans fans but none of them will accept that in my experience. One of my best mates is a Canaries fan living in Swansea and the relationship between the two sets of fans has been good. But I won't have comments like that on your board left unanswered.

As for the result, what part of "your win was thoroughly deserved" are you having trouble with? <doh>

14. Canary Rob

It was trolling and you know it. You only came on our board to swing your dick and moan how we don't roll over for mighty Swansea.

When it was pointed out you were a toolbag, you then came back here with your tail between your legs and moan about Norwich fans supposedly lording it over you, thinking we're "World Beaters", despite absolutely no evidence of that.

Notice how the other decent Swansea posters had no such troubles on our board.

That's because you were trolling. Well done you mighty keyboard warrior.

15. Kifflom!

Wow. Seems you have a thing for my big dick. Thanks, pal. <cheers>

No response about the chronology of the posts I see. Thanks again. <ok> How is it 'trolling' to object to a comment from one of your fans that our posters here are "ignorant" and our plight "amusing"? Most of our guys here would find that irritating at best, annoying at worst, and I'm not having any of it. Our fans tend to be very good in defeat, as am I, but I'm not allowing comments like that to go without challenge even though I very rarely post on others' boards. Deal with it.

Where did I "moan that Norwich didn't roll over for mighty Swansea"? You're just fabricating stuff. Put up or shut the **** up by cutting and pasting that comment. That's right you can't.

Do TRY to answer the points this time, otherwise you're coming across as just venting. <ok>

16. Canary Rob

The chronology point is irrelevant - I was merely pointing out that his post applied to you. Which it does. You are a troll.

On our board, you need to get over it. Look at all the other Swans posters, it was only you with your arrogant attitude that bothered our posters. Because you are a troll.

Making stuff up? Where did any of our posters say we thought we were "world-beaters"? Go on, find me that quite where you got that from. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, "pal". Unless they're trolls, clearly.

Points answered, bit of a theme going on, eh? Troll. Stay here and troll rather than our board. Thanks.

17. Canary Rob

^ that is known as being pwned btw "pal", in case you hadn't already worked out

18. Kifflom!

I'm chuffed you're now my pal. <hug>

But I'm always wary when posters big themselves up like that. They come across as foolish morons who's egos are bigger than their brains. We had a poster from Cardiff called Hughs who used to say that. <laugh>

The chronology is not irrelevant. You have painted a picture of me trolling on your board when in fact I was responding to a comment from one of your guys about Swansea posters here. How is that not important? I would never have posted there had I not seen that comment. You clearly don't get it and this was shown when you stated above:

"when he was calling Swans fans ignorant, what he actually meant was just you".

That cannot be the case can it? His comment about our posters being "ignorant" and "amusing" preceded mine. That means BEFORE to save you looking it up. :) Think now and engage brain before moving off. <ok>

The "world beaters" remark was warranted because your posters were saying generally how well you played and how good you were. I disagreed as I'm entitled to. Seems many of our fans agree and that's why they're upset at Monk, whilst we acknowledge the Canaries deserved the win.

As for posting, I'll post where I please thank you very much. When you can coherently muster an argument we'll talk. Until then, sod off there's a good chap. <ok>

19. Canary Rob

You've already been pwned on those points "pal". Sorry. You need to find some new ones <ok>

20. Kifflom!

Oh...OK. Because you say so. Fine. <laugh>