1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

That so called pundit Lawro!

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by lewebster, Mar 28, 2013.

1. lewebster

lewebster Well-Known Member

Just read Mark Lawrensons predictions for this weekend. As per usual he has us losing, which is fine as almost nobody other than the fans, players, manager etc would disagree with him.

My issue is how he says the international break has come at the wrong time as we were performing well, where as Chelsea had been performing well but will not be affected by the international break!

We all know how inconsistent Chelsea have been this season and I feel that the break has come at the wrong time for them!

If we get at them from the off, playing our high tempo game, they will struggle, the fans will boo Rafa and we will get the better of them. I'm going for a hat trick of 3-1 wins against top opposition. Lambert, Lallana and a surprise first goal from Yoshi!

2. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

He just hates us, and he's a **** pundit. QPR in 6th place? That's brilliant.

3. tomw24

tomw24 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Is he really worthy of his own thread?

4. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why his name keeps coming up on here, to be honest.

5. jonny 'hasen' shuttle

jonny 'hasen' shuttle Well-Known Member

Oh I totally get the hating lawro thing at the moment. I just love the fact that our beating liverpool now counts for nothing!

Whats his problem with saints? Totally worth a thread.

6. lewebster

Cheers Johnny, nothing wrong with starting a thread bashing the worst pundit on tv, no idea why he still does the predictions, he's **** and says such guff in his write ups!

7. Joe!

Joe! Well-Known Member

He'd probably be happy for the attention. Sports pundits get way too much of it as it is, considering it's one of the easiest jobs I can think of.

8. sfc94

sfc94 Member

He's predicted us to lose something like 12 in the last 13 games. I think he's still bitter over the Ramirez signing.

9. lewebster

He's had us as losing more than any other team! His hatred is clear!

10. Dan

Dan Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's bias or he's just an idiot - at least he's got our league position nearly right. Seems to be Swansea he's most biased against.

11. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

12. SaintLapras

SaintLapras Well-Known Member

I think you'll draw against Chelsea, and the Chelsea fans will boo Benitez because they're plastic twats. And they'll probably racially taunt Do Prado, because it's the type of thing Chelsea fans seem to do.

Of course, some Chelsea fans are not bad.

13. lewebster

Are we tired Pass the Football?

14. Channon walked on H2O

Channon walked on H2O Active Member

You know this "ignore" thing that we can do. Can we please apply it to that mustachioed twat?

Classic example of a great player - and he was - and a crap pundit. If only he could get rid of those chips on his shoulders. He really seems to hate the world. He needs therapy, poor chap, not his own BBC column.

15. AshbySaint

AshbySaint Well-Known Member

Quite frankly I feel it's a good omen if he says we'll loose. He does seem to hate us why I don't know why

16. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Saints relationship with Lawro seems to go back bloody years. I have a BBC off-air recording of the 2003 match against Spurs in the FA Cup and before the game started Gary Lineker sought Alan Hansen's opinion. This was Jan 4th [IIRC] and Saints were 4th [5th or 6th] in the PL. Spurs were midtable and we'd beaten them 1-0 on the previous Wed evening, but Hansen said that was irrelevant, as this was the Cup, yet still predicted Saints to win, chiefly because, although Spurs individually looked better on paper, we had great combinations in our side. Then Lineker turned to Lawro saying... Mark, you're popular in these parts... to chuckles from Hansen. He waffled and then predicted that it would go to a replay. Of course we bashed them 4-0 and they were lucky to lose by that little a score in a completely one-sided match. There's a grudge in there somewhere from his playing days, I think.

17. Lord Duckhunter

Lord Duckhunter New Member

If predicting football results wad that easy bookies wouldn't be one of the industries doing well during the recession. Who do people want to predict results, some random fan off the internet or one of the best players of the past 40 years. It's a bit of fun why get so upset about it?

18. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

It's Swansea and then us that he has had the biggest downs on.QPR he has sixth,heading towards the Nou Camp rather than the Keepmoat

19. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Nobody gets upset. He's a paid pundit who doesn't seem to be able to do parts of his job very well, despite being eminently qualified, people would suggest. In fact, I believe that if he made a random win/lose prediction, without looking at who the opposition were, he'd possibly do every bit as well. He's got ManU correct, I'll give him that. Mind you, my 98 year old Mum could get ManU correct.

20. GoSaint

GoSaint Active Member

Can't beleive I'm defending him (on one of his comments) but to be fair I believe that we sometimes seemed to have stuttered after having a couple of weeks break.

I'm curious to know if he was also anti Pompy when they were in the PL, I'm thinking he might be one of those types that believes quality English PL football stops south of London.