1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team V Man U

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Aug 10, 2018.

1. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If you don't like Ndidi and Silva then you won't like it - when James was at his peak before his injury, all he really did was win the ball back and pass to Cambiasso.

2. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Which was very effective. I rate N’didi very highly but yet to be convinced by Silva

3. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

When was it decided that Silva was ****?

I think hes playing the game Puel wants him to play, he keeps things ticking over in midfield, distributing to attacking players or players looking to get forward.

We need someone like him to give the likes of Gray and Maddison more freedom to express themselves knowing theres a buffer with Silva behind them.

4. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

James has played alot with Ndidi last year

Zero creativity between the pair and James just slowed the play down everytime

5. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Yup - Ndidi is nowhere near Cambiasso's level of creativity so James passing the ball to him results in bugger all.
    Exactly, but he doesn't attempt long range passes to nowhere or run with the ball to lose it out of position like Ndidi does so everything is his fault.

Hopefully he will learn less is more and become the Kante like DM we would love him to be - has pretty much all of the other attributes but for the time being, I would definitely consider dropping him to bring more balance to the side.

6. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

With Maddison playing as a proper number 10 in the hole behind the main striker it should make it possible for Ndidi to concentrate more on his defensive duties and not get drawn out of position. That's one for the coaching staff to sort out with him. But to take him out of the team altogether would rob us of our only midfield ball winner. Iborra might look nice and composed but he's not going to win the ball back for us. Silva is no ball winner and not a combative type of player. Matty James was a good championship player but that is his limit. Mendy is a big question mark and just a human sick note. We need a Matic type player in the side and at the moment Ndidi is our closest option.

7. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

Ndidi is head and shoulders above any other midfield player we currently have. I can't believe he's suddenly got a question mark against his name. He made the most tackles in the Premier League last season and for me, is the first name on the team sheet.

8. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I'm just thinking about team balance - he is still a kid and has to many rush of blood to the head moments so could be better to have someone more disciplined next to him if we are still persisting on playing 442.

In a 532 or 352 formation, I reckon he will excell as there will be more bodies in the middle to cover for him.

9. HarboroughFox

HarboroughFox Well-Known Member

I think when our new central defenders have trained properly, we will go to 3 centre backs.

10. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He isn't a **** player, he has just been **** so far for us. lol. granted he wasn't fit and up to speed last season, however given the fact he has now had a full pre season behind him, it is time for him to step up and start producing. He didnt do that at Man Utd. I expect to see the same team on Saturday and him be given another opportunity, but we need to see something from him sooner rather than later.

11. stevefox

stevefox New Member

Same team ? Amartey at right back ? No thanks

12. leicester_ed

Personally would like to see Pereria RB and Albrighton start

stevefox likes this.
  13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Only if we go to 5 at the back - I wasn't too impressed with Pereria's defending in the short time he did play there.

Wouldn't mind Albrighton at RB actually - was decent the few times he played there.

14. BucksFox

BucksFox Well-Known Member

it isn't that Silva is '****'. He's quite good at what he does. It's just that he doesn't do what we need.

15. leicester_ed

Could end up being like Schlupp and Dyer where they just complement each other well

16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Ndidi made more tackles / interceptions in the PL last season than any other player, including Ngolo Kante ... that's his real worth ... he also seemed to hit the opposition crossbar with headers more than any other player ... if he can maintain the former and direct his headers six inches lower this time around, he will have had some Fookin season <cheers>

Jack Lesterfan likes this.