1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Malmo

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Perhaps he shouldn't, but where he's playing now he has improved, though not reached previous level. Definately deserves a shot at Jorghinos role, as he can actually pass the ball forwards, which is more than Jorghino can. Maybe he might improve there as well? Sarri has had plenty of chances to try stuff out but hasn't.
    If not Sarri needs to change the formation, cause now we've hit a wall and are not improving any more.Surely a good manager can use his talented players to the best of their abilities and still mould the team to his style, gradually improving as players are sold and bought ? Might take more than one season, but you have to start somewhere while achieving the Clubs' aims, in our case top 4. Sarri looks like he is putting himself above the Club now with his seriously dumb subs at Malmo.

2. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree
    I like watching Atletico, antifootball yes but team spirit is amazing

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Next game, home tie against Malmo. We'll win this by a goal or 2 and it be sold as a reaction to going out to United until Sunday...when we ship at least 3 in the cup final. If he tries the same tactics in the cup final that had us lose by 6 last week then the fans will go mental.

It's got to the stage where not getting battered by City would be a victory of sorts!

If you can say one thing about Europa, playing **** sides every other game makes the WDL record look more passable!

Bristol Blue and BobbyD like this.
  4. The Ginger Marks

Have to agree, if he is stupid enough to play the same personnel within the same system as in the raping of Maine road he will be 100% sacked immediately after. I believe Sarri is pig headed and will not change but hopes the players imput will.

Bristol Blue likes this.
  5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I think he will pick the standard team and formation but will probably tell the team not to press so high up this time. City will have more of the ball so they will likely adopt a more counter attacking approach almost naturally. Even Sarri can't be stupid enough to try the same thing as at the Etihad when it failed so miserably.

The worry is of course that confidence is likely to be even lower than it was when we played City before. It's hard to see past a comfortable City win sadly.

I'd love to hear a case for the contrary cos I can't see one myself. Maybe City take it easy because they expect to trounce us again? Can't see Pep allowing that mind set to creep in though.

Seriously, I wouldn't fancy us in this game if we had a 2-0 head start. Got to be the longest odds on us winning a domestic cup final since 1994.

6. chelsea - over 100 years of history

We are 9/2 to beat City. Not remotely tempting.

7. Bristol Blue

Bristol Blue Well-Known Member

If we manage to beat Man City on Sunday I think Sarri will last until the end of the season before being sacked.
    If we lose I reckon he may be sacked immediately. For Sarri to survive in his job Kante needs to be back in his best position where he shines as a genuine world class player. Tight marking on all Man City players as per how our Big Fat Spanish waiter beat them with his lowly Newcastle team at St James’ Park. Pointless playing Jorginho as I don’t remember him ever making a meaty tackle.

Man City are beatable and Sarri did win against them a few months ago. In that time every team in the Premiership would now know how to beat us if we play Sarri ball (Sarri Bollux).

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  8. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

It's our turn to win one next game to keep the win, lose, win, lose sequence going and we should win, even with the changes Sarri will make by bringing in some fringe players against Malmo.
    As for City, he is always likely to play the same old same old , sit them deeper, and expect to win, which we won't.
    A good showing though might keep him until Spurs, but he surely won't last if they roll us??