1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Team for Malmo

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

It's possible that those suffering Post City Stress Trauma will be given the chance to rescue their reputations and self esteem by being selected against Malmo.
    My choice would be to keep most of the team and make changes using only players we want to be at the Club next season.
    so I'm going for
    Kepa,
    Azpilicueta
    Rudiger
    Christensen
    Emerson
    Kante ( in his proper position )
    Jorghino swapped positions with Kante.
    RLC
    Hazard
    Higuain
    CHO

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  2. chelsea - over 100 years of history

might have to take this comp more seriously now. Best chance of a C,L place??

3. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Kante isn't and never has been a Dm.

He is at his best box to box in counterattacking sides france, leicester, conte's chelsea in a 4 2 3 1

Alongside less mobile DmS like Matic and Drink-water <laugh>

don't listen to people who say Kante is best Dm in world. He isnt a Dm and cant play Jorginho role

4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

His best quality is reading the game, using his energy and tackling.

He needs to be in a midfield 2, not running into the box trying to get on the end of things.

4 2 3 1.

Kepa

Dave, rudiger, christensen, emerson
    Kante. Ampadu
    Hudson rlc. Willian
    Higuain

5. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree he needs to be in a midfield 2, not a DM in 3.

He is very much box to box, but not getting on the end of things like Lamps.

Although that side of his game is improving. And his reverse pass for Higuain's last goal was brilliant ... if Messi had done it!!!

The Ginger Marks and BobbyD like this.
  6. Chelsea Pensioner

Jorghino can't play the Jorghino role either, so how could Kante be worse??
    He was supposed to not be able to play forward either, but he has. Class always outs, and Kante is pure class.
    I respect your opinion, but I'll stick with mine until I see it doesn't work on the pitch, not just in theory.

7. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Agree, CP. Only the media have been saying he can't perform his 'new role'. And only stupid 'pundits' label him a DM.

He's actually played well in his advanced role, despite the team's poor form. Been one of our best players this season.

Jorghino can play the Jorghino role, he did it at four seasons for Napoli. And Pep wanted him for a reason.

It is just that the balance isn't right at Chelsea to make it work

8. Chelsea Pensioner

Thanks for a sensible and non confrontational reply.
    Unfortunately for Jorghino, he's not at Napoli any longer, and whatever he did at Napoli, he can't do at Chelsea.
    My pragmatic opinion is that he doesn't have the pace, strength nor guile to play in the PL at this stage. He is too easily taken out of the game by any decent man- on- man defender, and so far he nor Sarri has found a way to counter this. Not a great recommendation for either. Like all players new to the PL, some take a season, some come good faster, but Jorghiono so far is taking time. He deserves more time.
    Sarri however, is screwing everything up by continuing to play him, with results as predictable as the sun rising in the east.
    Jorghino needs to be taken out of the team, Sarri needs to rethink his options, show some concern for the Clubs' position and forget his personal "Sarri Ball" crusade, and get the team firing. If that means a different set up, bring it on.
    If Sarri sticks to his guns and refuses to change anything, then he needs to go, and the sooner the better, His way is falling apart with these players, his obligation to the Club should override his personal objectives, until he has us safely in the top 4. Then he has the right to assert himself.
    My guess is it will end in tears again and the merry do round restarts.
    Please, please, please, NOT Zinadane Zidane !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Great player, utterly hopeless manager and man manager.

9. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Sarri has built his team round Jorghino, I doubt he will change, that would be an admission of failure.

Roman would love ZZ! Is he man management that poor?

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

RLC injured for tonights game.

Hes been picking up this recurring back injury. Hope it's not chronic

11. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Yes, even Sarri is excused from picking injured players

12. armchairblue

armchairblue Well-Known Member

That'll do,any sort of win would have.Not seen the game.

13. Chelsea Pensioner

Well he sure had problems at Real, but then again who hasn't ??
    RA would love him, because he's a star. RA loves stars like he loves boats and young ladies.
    Simeone is the type we need, one who takes no nonsense from players and gets results. He also seems to find really good players from obscure places.

14. Chelsea Pensioner

Pretty good game, more energy than normal, but really just more of the same from the usual suspects.
    Barkley looked the pick as he often does against lower quality teams, and the front 3 were as static and wasteful as always, Giroud looks more and more like Morata.
    Emerson and Christensen did little wrong, but both need to play more to get fully up to speed.
    Absolutely stunned that Hudson Odoi only got 10 minutes, Sarri is doing my head in. Jorghino gets subbed, Kante comes on ,but not where he should, and Kovacic takes the reins. Sarri just won't even try anything different and so mediocracy rules again.
    Better than losing, but nothing to write home about.

15. Gareth1808

Gareth1808 Well-Known Member

Saw the first half, was comfortable enough.

It amazes me how Hudson Odoi can only get 5 minutes in games like these and Ampadu even less than that. Why did we bring on Hazard and Kante?!

BobbyD likes this.
  16. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Are you sure you would like Simeone, who uses the same 14 players all season that he trusts and plays anti football even more so than Conte?

BobbyD likes this.
  17. CFC: Champs £launderx17

Where should Kante play in a 4 3 3 formation?

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  18. The Ginger Marks

A little more intensity shown last night but we were still posed questions by a mediocre side. If we don’t buck up for the next two games Sarri will be history.

19. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Next 4 games are massive. 3 cup games and Spurs.

With 3 at home and a cup final, he needs some positive results out of those.

20. Chelsea Pensioner

What I like about Someone is that he seems to control the players, not the other way round. We need that type. He, or someone in the Club, also seems to turn up very good players ,not just buy in superstars.
    I also think he has instilled a team spirit, something definitely missing from our current band of mercenaries.( with a few exceptions)