1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

***takeover news!!!!!***

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by devonblue, May 14, 2012.

1. devonblue

devonblue Member

2. gravey5174

gravey5174 Member

It does indeed devon, but there's still some way to go by the sound of things before it is all finalised.

Did you read it as that we were getting Adams Park as well?

3. devonblue

devonblue Member

Hi gravy - interesting point. Reading the bit about 'preserving Frank Adams legacy' suggests that any deal done by the trust would involve keeping AP. You are right, there is some way to go but it seems that Hayes wants a deal done quickly - definate progress compared to a year or so ago when no one thought he would even entertain the idea of selling up and wanted to keep Wasps and WWFC as one.

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's very encouraging to read the words
    Wycombe Wanderers owner Steve Hayes said: "I am confident that Wycombe Wanderers Trust are the right people to take the club forward. For now the focus of everyone involved is to ensure the deal is completed as quickly as possible. In keeping with the Trust, the club and I will make no further comment until such time as a deal has been finalised."

When was the last time he said anything?

5. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Sounds good to me

6. wandermagic

wandermagic Member

Difficult to speculate until we hear more details, but this sounds a promising first step. I picked up on the Frank Adams legacy comment too and hopefully this means Hayes will do the decent thing and just walk away.

7. devonblue

devonblue Member

I think its interesting that the Chairman of the Supporters Trust chose to say WWFC and Adams Park. Suggests to me that the trust have been clear in ensuring the stadium is part of any deal....

8. aylesburyblue

aylesburyblue Member

fingers crossed it goes through, and the trust get terms that offer long term financially stability which at the moment is the holy grail of football club ownership, if we get that and a supporter owned club the premier league can shove their dodgy billionaire (insert any nationality except british) owners up their....

9. Chairboy100

Chairboy100 Member

For those of you who aren't members of the Trust here is the link to the website - http://www.wycombewandererstrust.com/. Same Press Release as on the other sites.

It will be interesting to see the terms of the deal once published - but given the collective loathing of the Hayes ownership era - it looks like we are going to get the club back <party> and for this succeed we must all get behind it and give our full support. It's going to be tough as I can't see where the additional finance required will come from, but at least we can now start building for a new future. Thank goodness it looks like we will be getting the rent from Wasps (love'em or loathe 'em) <devil> we will need it !

Here's to the future... whatever it holds !

10. Finchyblue

Finchyblue Member

Here here! Financially it's going to be tough but I am hopeful with the Trust in control we will look to start to live within our means on and just as importantly off the field. No promises of Championship within 5 years, no over sized set of office staff. A football club that concentrates on the football.

Also I'm so pleased to see a lot of youngsters getting pro contracts. They are the future of the club. Not all will make it but hopefully they will get a good chance!

11. Steve-WWFC

Steve-WWFC Member

the club is ours lets party

12. rockinchairboy

I wonder what happens to the debt? Has it been written off. I can't see the trust having a few spare million! Wonder what this will do to the player budget? At least it takes a lot of the uncertainty out of the club. They will know what budget they have and thats that. On this basis league 2 wages might be a blessing to get things started.
    I just hope that I don't wake up and find out it's a dream!

13. Rocky blue army

could be the best thing since sliced bread,obviously as has been stated it looks like steve hayes is finally listening to the supporters, and a few years back he did say if we failed in his 5 year plan to get to the championship he would give the club back to the fans and if that is so i take my hat off too him.

14. broomhead_21

broomhead_21 New Member

Sounds like this is the best news the club has heard in a while. Tweeting @stevebrown30 - he is very interested to get back involved.

@stevebrown30 Do you think it is a good move?

@normski_21 Only if the trust are running the show and an opportunity to help arises, then I'm there for them.

also....

RT @normski_21: @stevebrown30 Do you think it is a good move? Well I wanna put my shoulder to the wheel and get back involved with my beloved club!

The guy is a legend.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was about to ask the same question RCB.

Here's an interesting link about administration. Staggering how many clubs have been in administration and how it can be used to significantly reduce debts.

Question is: Will we be left with debts we can't pay and be "forced" into administration?

16. Rocky blue army

brownie back involved with the club would be great but i guess its too early to think that at this stage.

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

So why isn't Stevie playing in the legends match?

18. Rocky blue army

lets go one step at a time ron and wait and see what happens.if we do get our club back i am sure everyone on here will have cause to celebrate.

19. broomhead_21

broomhead_21 New Member

According to his Twitter account he has other 'business commitments'.

However being asked the question again, he now states...

"RT @slaphead1001: @stevebrown30 brownie are you playing in legends game on Saturday? There is a 50-50 chance."

20. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I'll toast to that Rocky. Can't help thinking ahead though. Thinking one step at a time would have been suicidal (figuratively speaking) in my previous job.