1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover confirmed

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Jager, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Sbulby

Sbulby Well-Known Member

The outgoing board have made a bundle of money over the sale of the club but I also believe that they will have guarantees on the clubs future direction. If it was purely about making a fast buck then they would have taken the highest offer (Chinese consortium) and sold months ago. If the rumours of a £30-50 million investment into the stadium and staff is correctthen surely this has to be applauded. Let's wait to see what happens after the deal has been ratified by the F.A; some of the hostility towards this takeover in my opinion is over the top.

2. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Yes it's nothing to do with them in a business sense, if they were selling their stake then obviously. But as the trust wouldn't be in a position to either block the move to sell, or buy out the rest of the board, then it's not something for them to do anything about it.

As for is it good with me, simply I'm not in a position either to do anything, so there's no point worrying about it. I have my concerns yes that these people are not fans, and they want something from us. But they have just spent about £100m buying into the club, so what can any of us do except hope it works and we don't land up with a Villa and disaster.

3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Agree with you re the outgoing board, they got us here and deserve the rewards.

Re: purchasing the stadium, again it seems there's still confusion about that damn word Investment. The £30-£50M being talked of is purchase money and not investment into the football club. The only partys to benefit from the sale-purchase of the Liberty are the consortium and our very own flaccid council.

A worry I have, hopefully its my paranoia, is that our new owners now conduct the orchestra and will manage THEIR business for their own benefit. Who can stop them? the trust and minority share holders can only shoot blanks so there is no one. The consortium could impose debt on our club through a loan to cover the purchase of the Liberty for them. It will cost the consortium £0.00 and they will get a bright and shiny stadium for nothing and our club would pay for it through loan repayments and interest. Are any of the consortium bankers? if so they can underwrite the loan too and make even more money on us. If this was the case and there are bankers in the consortium then we're fekked, The consortium would have the ability to stitch us up financially in every way possible .

The reality I see is that as of yet, Swansea City Football Club has NOT received a single penny form its sale and it will not receive a single penny form the purchase of the stadium. The only thing our football club could get out of all of this is a £30-£50m debt levied on it to cover the purchase of the Liberty.

The silence coming from the consortium and the yanks is completely deafening. There has been no words from the Yanks to introduce themselves as the new owners, no images of them at the Liberty holding Swansea shirts, no press conferences, no promises on the clubs future, no announcements of war chests for players, no words of investment into the infrastructure of the football club, no words to us fans of our club no words to the football, sport or business media, nothing. Can anyone even tell me what the Yanks sound like? we haven't heard a whisper let alone heard them speak.

You think they'd say something though, especially when you realise that the purchase price of Swansea City Football Club is more than that to purchase Tata Steel.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  4. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I am sure they have but with the yanks owning as much as they do then assurances count for absolutely nothing. They can just about do what they want.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  5. Sbulby

Sbulby Well-Known Member

Of course they can do what they want but we dont know what that is yet. I believe everyone should be given a chance to prove themselves including this consortium. Yes they're out to make money thats pretty clear to anyone but making a profit and running a successful club is more yhat a viable proposition

Stumpy likes this.
  6. trundles left foot

No we don't and likewise we don't know whether they will be good for the club despite possible guarantees, I think everyone has the right to be sceptical over this takeover as the Yanks don't exactly have a good record when it comes to taking over British clubs. I hope it works for us, but it seems that they like to have a few playthings in their lives and it seems that these are sports clubs, I am more than nervous about this. I have nothing to suggest why, just a feeling and I suppose the lack of any communication from our so called new owners.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  7. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Its certainly the lack of communication to the press or interaction with the club and us fans which has me worried Sbulby.

Our club is (was) different to others, it has a unique story, in as much that it was saved by the fans and the community who dug deep into near empty pockets to throw what change they could into tarpaulins carried around the vetch. They know our story yet they have completely ignored it.

Not saying they should come out to play, but they could have been a little more respectful to the club, which in our case means the community and the fans.

Just a short acknowledgement "Hello, we've bought YOUR community club and this is what we want to do with it" would go a long way to alleviating the fears many have.

Their silence though, to me translates as "fekk you all" and show contempt for the families, the community and the fans who helped pick up the club when it fell and helped prop it up ever since so it could grow into the business attractive enough to catch their eye.

The "fekk you all" can be verified in how the consortium has treated the Trust who represent us.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

The need for old owners and new owners to originally try to get enough shares to make the supporters trust , and they're unwavering loyalty to the club , silenced speaks volumes to me before a ball is kicked or a transfer is made .Thats bad enough but to try to do it behind the supporters trust back is popping up red flags faster than dai changing his views .
    Settling on 60 % came to quick for me from the new owners and I'll bet there is fine print pointing to an end around on the trust fund through smoke and mirrors .
    The secrecy of the deal and the need for the old owners to do it quickly as humanly possible doesn't point in a " Best for the Club " scenario to me ...

9. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

These Yanks do not have a good track record where fans are concerned especially Jason Levien, who is not well liked by the DC United fans, he never engages the fans, and I'm pretty sure, he'll stay well clear of our Fans Trust.............<ok>

Stumpy likes this.
  10. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

I don't see how taking over a year to complete means it was done as quickly as possible.

11. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

12. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The club is in a better financial shape now than it was but unfortunately we have a chairman that still likes to shop in pound land......we need the new owners to put someone else with vision and reality in charge....

13. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

and money

14. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Only a Dai can say that, is it you?

15. swanseaandproud

You or i don't know what money we have but we do know that we were looking for investment and we have it ...end of.....we are obviously in better shape now than we was before the take over ..fact....or why would we be looking for investors <laugh>

16. trundles left foot

Dai, what has been invested.

Jager likes this.
  17. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Until the takeover is approved they will not have paid for any shares and will not have invested a penny, quite understandably. Although reports say that talks with the PL are going well.

18. trundles left foot

What I am saying is don't talk about any investment until there is some investment. I understand they haven't and shouldn't, but where does that leave the club now that we are trying to sign players, there is always something at the end of every season that puts a spoke in the works. Get it sorted so we can get into the transfer market. We are going on the start of pre season tour next Friday, with no one signed and no signs of any sort of striker joining our club another ****ing shambles.

19. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Nothing will be done until the buy out is complete, no investment, no nothing ! I seriously doubt they will put money into playing staff, and we will have to use the money the club has now for that. I don't think they have the money for anything tbh, any money to buy or expand the stadium will be in the form of debts, we will loan that money, the yanks at other premier league clubs have that exact form.

We are going to go from a debt free club to one with at least £40m of debts if the Liberty is bought and expanded, the investment will be zero!

20. swanseaandproud

Buy out approved.....<party>