1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Takeover confirmed

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Jager, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

2. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

Gutted, don't trust any American investors, cant think of any that have worked out for the good. I am with you on this got a real bad feeling about where we go from here.

The other thing is these people haven't said a thing, just thought even if it is bollox they would have been saying what they were going to do for the club, but there has been complete silence especially from the American side.

I know some will see this as a good thing, I want them nowhere near our club and can only see this ending in tears.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  3. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Arrived home late last night to be met this morning with two hammer blows, the Death of Ali and this.

Personally, I see this sale as a deep cut leaving an open which will bleed us to death..

An UNKNOWN consortium of 8 UNNAMED characters headed by a couple of yanks, with a history slimming down or leaning out businesses solely for the purpose of profit extraction WTF??? Also, not a single word has been spoken about a single penny's worth of physical investment into the club what so ever. Can anyone tell me WHAT SOUNDS GOOD ABOUT ANY OF THAT AS FAR AS OUR CLUB GOES??????

In reality this sell off means the raison d'etre for the club has changed and is now, as far as the UNKNOWN consortium of 8 UNNAMED characters is concerned, SOLELY to maximise the profits on THEIR investment into getting the cash together to buy a diamond business. The a only ambition UNKNOWN consortium of 8 UNNAMED characters has is for the Swans to remain a premiership club for as long as possible allowing them the time to extract as much money as they can from the club.

All that counts for the UNKNOWN consortium of 8 UNNAMED characters, or the anonymous buyers, is that they get to share in ALL the profits earned by the club.

When Dylan Thomas "Swansea, the graveyard of ambition" I didn't realise until now that he had prescient vision and was referring to our club.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  4. trundles left foot

That has cheered me up Stumpy, but only what most f us thought.

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  5. Mr Beej

Mr Beej Well-Known Member

Given that, as far as I can tell the Consortium have no connection with Wales, never mind Swansea, then why are they investing other than to make money for themselves?

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  6. trundles left foot

No coincidence that he takeover has coincided with the massive increase in TV money, more than they paid for the club and funnily the takeover news was broken when our PL future was secured. It ****ing STINKS

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  7. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Swansea takeover complete SWANSEA, UPDATED: JUNE 05, 2016 12:12 PM , BY CLUBCALL The takeover of Swansea City by an American investment group has been completed, subject to Premier League approval. The American consortium, led by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan, has been in talks with the Swans since 2015, with news of the proposed takeover coming to light in April this year. It is believed the Americans have acquired a 60 per cent controlling stake in the Welsh club and they are expected to invest between £30million and £50million to help improve the Liberty Stadium, the club's training ground and Francesco GuidolinÂ’s first-team squad. Levien and Kaplan must pass the Premier League's owners' and directors' test before the takeover can be officially ratified, but the Swans have released a statement on their official website confirming the imminent arrival of the new consortium. The statement read: "Swansea City Football Club is delighted to confirm the takeover by Jason Levien and Steve Kaplan subject to the approval of the Premier League." "Jason and Steve will lead an investment consortium which has acquired a controlling majority of the shares with several existing shareholders also maintaining a smaller stake in the club." Premier League » Swansea

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/swansea-city/swansea-takeover-complete-1812169.html?

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

I will miss who we were and how neutral fans will see us .....an end of an era .
    That being said , we move on to new challenges .
    A few very richer people walking around .
    When it comes to football organizations .....we are a them now .....the teams we use to enjoy not being

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

How can they achieve all that for between £30m-£50m ? Have they been speaking to Boris Johnson and his fanciful figures or something?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  10. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Not having a go at the ones who have sold their shares, they didn't sign onto a lifetime commitment of running the club, they can just mostly be supporters now. But we are just another team run by yanks now instead of supporters, we can hope they are like the guy running Leicester, but I feel they are going to be like Lerner running Villa. Hope I'm wrong!

11. trundles left foot

Jager lets not forget Gillett and Hicks at Liverpool (before selling) and Ellis short at Sunderland, I agree wholeheartedly with you and yes the directors had every right to sell as they put their money there when there was no sign of our club going anywhere. I just hope they have really looked into this and done their homework and not just thought of their pockets.

DragonPhilljack and Jager like this.
  12. trundles left foot

seabreeze likes this.
  13. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

Surely for them to make money we have to have a decent level of success and remain in the PL. Unlike some on here my glass is always half full and as we can do nothing about it let's hope for the best.

14. trundles left foot

But they can make they money and more back on tv money, even with relegation and parachute payments, sale of players. I know what you say makes sense, that we need to stay in the PL to be financially viable, but sure people don't come into football to make money, so if they are then we are in trouble.

15. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

It does seem that Non US investors are more interested in the football and building the clubs

16. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

I fear this will go tits up like every other Yank controlled club. They are investing £30 million into the club when this time last year, we could have been in Evertons position with £100 million being invested and a Ronald Koeman type manager being brought in.

Worrying times ahead I think.

17. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Well i'm chuffed to bits its all done and dusted and we have finally got new owners, Both parties have not rushed into things which is a good sign.....It's all done now and we enter a new chapter whether we like it or not....We wanted investors and we needed investors and today we have got investors. It don't get any better than that.

18. trundles left foot

Dai, don't talk about investors until they actually invest something at the moment all they have done is bought the club. Lets wait and see what they invest before anyone gets excited.

19. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Whats with the negative vibes man....We were told by the club that we had to find investors to keep competing there was no other choice.....Be thankful the club managed to find investors....You or me will never know what they have invested but its obvious its a large sum or there would be no deal........There is no reason not to trust the club to have done the right thing.

20. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Suddenly dai believes everything the club says ....lol.
    Let's see ... What's the difference between people from the area and who loved the club .......and American investors starting the bidding out where they could ditch the supporters trust into irrelevance? .... Ummm ...