1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Sunderland v Charlton Athletic - Sunday 26th May - KO 15:00

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by RTB, May 18, 2019.

?

Your Prediction

Poll closed May 26, 2019.
  1. Sunderland Win

72.1%
  2. Charlton Win

27.9%
  1. Dorset

Dorset Well-Known Member

Got my travel arrangements sorted too, first class of course! See you Sunday Smug :emoticon-0148-yes:

RTB and Smug in Boots like this.
  2. smithy in nl

smithy in nl Well-Known Member

I’ve got my ticket can’t wait, hopefully the right result this time.

3. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

Sadly cannot make it back for the game, but there will be 6 expat Mackems with beer, wine and champagne on ice cheering on the lads here in Abu Dhabi. Safe journey to all those who are going to Wembley, I am very envious....fingers crossed the lads will do the business....Ha'way the lads.

4. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

League One final is first repeat
    Twenty-one years ago, Charlton Athletic and Sunderland met in a pulsating second-tier play-off final with the Addicks winning promotion to the Premier League. The match finished 4-4 after 120 minutes before Charlton went on to win 7-6 on penalties.

Now, in 2019, the same two clubs meet again in a play-off final - the first time this has happened since they were introduced in 1987.

upload_2019-5-23_19-24-18.gif
    Charlton beat Sunderland on penalties in arguably the greatest EFL play-off final in 1998
    If it is as exciting as the match in 1998 which featured lead changes, goals in extra time and 14 penalties to decide the match, neutrals will be in for a treat.

That play-off final was finally decided when the only left-footed player in the shootout, Michael Gray, became the only player to miss from the spot.

The Norton Cat and smithy in nl like this.
  5. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

smithy in nl likes this.
  6. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

Very excited now, and a tad apprehensive as my bloody tickets haven't arrived yet..

7. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

I ordered 3 on Monday - 2 arrived yesterday but not the other one - I have no idea how that is even possible or why they'd send two out but not the other!

Have you rang them? They will resend it and, if it doesn't arrive, you can pick it up fro the box office on the day

As for excited! I'm bricking it - large part of me is glad I'm gigging tomorrow night as I'd be on edge if I wasn't! Although gigging near Sunderland the atmosphere could be superb

8. MrRAWhite

MrRAWhite Well-Known Member

I have got the number at hand, and if they don't arrive this morning I will have to ask to redirect to Wembley as I'm going down early tomorrow morning..

9. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

You can print them out yourself mate, or send them to your phone to scan, worst case scenario.

MrRAWhite likes this.
  10. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

I couldn't do that - that was only brought in with the later tickets - going to get onto them today if my brother's ticket doesn't arrive

11. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

I just read it online mate, makes sense that was with those bought later I guess. It’s ticketmaster though so they will have the facility to do that with any booking.

12. monty987

monty987 Well-Known Member

Can Jack go into the transfer market ? Marquis would have been great for Sunday

13. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

<doh> you really are thick aren't you! Transfer window isn't open yet

The Little General and RTB like this.
  14. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

Now that totally confirms it to me that you are totally taking the piss!

RTB and marcusblackcat like this.
  15. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

@MrRAWhite
    Just spoken to them again mate - the option fo e-tickets was only made possible for tickets bought from phase 3 onwards. They can't set an e-ticket for anything purchased prior to this! Makes no sense at all (ticketmaster guy agreed wholeheartedly with me!!)

MrRAWhite likes this.
  16. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

Bit of a **** show if his ticket hasn’t turned up ain’t it? Jesus.

17. marcusblackcat

Forum Moderator

Reg and my brother's!! My brother's ticket was ordered as part of 3 - the other 2 came in the post - no idea how that works!!

18. Nads

Nads Well-Known Member

All in same order? That’s dog **** that mate worry then is you ai t seated together if they’ve ****ed the bookings up.

19. David Moyes' Stupid Face

David Moyes' Stupid Face Well-Known Member

Just printed mine off, amazed I could get them to be honest!

I live in Norfolk and don't know any other Sunderland fans here or anyone up North so never seen the lads at the SOL unfortunately. Watch them pretty much every time they play at Carrow Road but still thought I would be way too far down the queue for tickets.

Buzzing for a Wembley final, we usually do pretty well when I go so I'm hoping I'm a good omen!

RTB, smithy in nl and Nads like this.
  20. RTB

RTB Well-Known Member

Jack Ross:
    “The way the season ended for us, we received the disappointment of not achieving automatic promotion, and we had a couple of indifferent performances towards the end as well"
    “I think it allowed us to take a breath, regroup, and realise we still had a chance for success this season."
    “It probably came for us at a good time - that period between our final league match and the play-offs."
    “In that period, I said to the players they had to come to terms with that and they were looking forward to these three games, or what he hoped would be three games."
    “So, the last few weeks have been very enjoyable, and the players have responded very well. We’ve been quite calm and focused - I don’t know if it’s because we’ve been at Wembley already this season?"
    “Even this week I’ve not noticed anything different about them. They’re in a good place, but there’s not any extra excitement about them. They’re just really focused on trying to win at the weekend.”
    “It has been long. This week I saw it’s been a year since Stewart took ownership officially and it obviously wasn’t that long afterwards that I took the job."
    “And pretty much as soon as I took the job I was here, so it’s been a long year in that respect. But it will have been a fruitful one if we can finish the job on Sunday."
    “The season has obviously been extended and we’ve played a lot of games within it, but it will be judged on whether we’ve been successful or not by whether or not we win the game this weekend.”