1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

summer transfers

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Apr 28, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

As already mentioned, Payne has gone to Tranmere. He took to twitter about the move and added a swipe at our fans in the process! What do you think of this guys??

2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

If he had worked as hard as his bottom jaw he would have been well liked by the GAS Supporters

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Also as already mentioned that Lockyer has joined Charlton, he took to social media about it. Look at the difference between him and Payne!

upload_2019-7-1_17-25-39.png

4. old timer

Bristol Rovers have announced the signing of Anssi Jaakkola a 32 year old Finnish Goal keeper.He has joined us from Reading. He made 16 appearances in all competitions for them after joining in 2016

5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

See the end of page 5 <ok>

6. old timer

Sorry CJS when I came onto the forum it was showing page6

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I forgive you :emoticon-0136-giggl

old timer likes this.
  8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Here is what we got to look forward to with our new keeper....

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

10. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Good saves here!

11. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

Very decent keeper

12. old timer

No front men signed marquee or otherwise so with JCH, Reilly and Nicholls as our only front men I am beginning to get a tad bothered about who is going get our goals with the pressure really on Nicholls and Reilly and while I like both players neither are scoring enough goals to warrant any amount of enthusiasm for the coming season as other teams know that if we close down JCH we are unlikely to score more than once. It doesn't look as if Deon Moore is going to sign as I think if he was he would have done so by now

13. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

JCH is a strong lad, and will create as well as score, and there are plenty of other goals in the side.No worries.

14. old timer

Very impressed with Nicholls, Reilly and Moore on Saturday they all looked very lively and all three took their goals well.

Spoke to the CEO on Saturday about a rumour I heard concerning a player unnamed who was going to sign on Monday and then changed his mind, was assured this did not happen

15. old timer

Rovers have signed Luke Leahy 26 years old on a free transfer his last club was Walsall where he played 90 of the 92 game in the last 2 seasons. He has joined the club in their Dublin pre season training camp
    With both left fullbacks carrying injuries this gives us cover in that position or playing THD in the left wing position

16. old timer

Striker Tyler Smith has joined Rovers from Sheffield Utd. on a season long loan. Spent last season on loan at Barrow scoring 10 goals he was recalled to Sheffield in December and featured in Sheffield's first team squad before joining Doncaster in the January window. He scored 12 goals during his loan spells 10 for Barrow and 2 for Donny.
    He like Leahy has joined the squad in Dublin to get to know his team mates

17. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Apparently THD injury puts him out for a few months so this signing makes sense. When THD is back to full fitness, he can be used a LW as you say old timer. I think THD is better going forward than defending. GC last season didn't use wingers - probably due to the lack of them at the club. But this signing allows us to have a LW in THD without having to spend money. Also reading Walsall fans opinions of Leahy, they say he is better as a wing back in a back 5 defence. So we got Kelly who is better at LB, Leahy who is better at LWB and THD who is better at LW. All 3 can play in all 3 positions. So we have options down the left, which is excellent. With Kelly gaining some good experience last season, THD having a lot of experience and this new guy Leahy having a lot of experience over the last 2 seasons, I have no complaints here. What I will say is the Walsall fans are saying how bad Leahy's attitude was last season and played poorly. However, they also said the season before that he was brilliant. So hopefully the old Leahy shows up.

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Underwhelmed at this signing. With no idea how JCH is out for, we need goals. What he did at Barrow is all good and that but that level is not what really worth considering. It's what he did at Donny that I am considering. 2 goals in 14 appearances?? And both goals were in 1 match. I suppose no matter how bad/good he is, he is an improvement on Payne. And those 2 goals were more than what Nichols scored in the league last season, so again, another improvement to what we already have. I just wished this signing was more 'marquee'.

19. old timer

Dom Telford has joined his old manager at Plymouth

20. old timer

Sonny Bradley of Luton Town being linked with a transfer to Bristol Rovers on a 2 year contract. I hope he was not one of the CBs that played against us at the Mem because they were the dirtiest pair of CBs we saw all season