1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2024 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Cardiff City' started by Oldsparkey, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Never too early to start the ball rolling, but which division will we be in? :emoticon-0138-think

irishbluebird and clingo like this.
  2. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Sell, sell, sell.

3. BluefromBridgend

BluefromBridgend Well-Known Member

Championship - just.

But who will go and who will we sign?

The first question is the easier!!!

4. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

To be honest I don't trust the existing regime to buy anyone. We can't go on buying individuals with no thought to developing a team. I'm afraid that until our benevolent but clueless owner swallows his misplaced pride and employs, backs and supports a knowledgeable DoF or Football Operations Manager, we've got no chance of making methodical progress. Of course our support is unconditional but Tan doesn't make it easy.
    I'm sure my comments will attract a wind up fro you know who but I don't think two short lived promotions laid any foundations at all. Neither did trying to change our identity and neither did employing a 18 year old operations manager and a clueless board.
    Sorry Sparkey if this should be elsewhere, but I thought it all plays into how ineffective we generally are in the transfer market (as well as on the pitch).
    Rant over.
    Happy Friday
    Blooooooobirds

5. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

No probs clingo - that's a good enough comment to post anywhere. <ok>

clingo likes this.
  6. BluefromBridgend

All good points Clingo. And if a certain little buttercup of a person gets upset. Tough sh1t!!!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    clingo likes this.
  7. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

So Clingo which division will we be in next season :emoticon-0105-wink:

Ps I reckon we’ll be in the championship next season - Rotherham, Millwall & Sheff Wed to drop?

BrizzleBluebird likes this.
  8. ccfcremotesupport

ccfcremotesupport Well-Known Member

You're like a stuck record on the subject of a DoF. Don't know why you think we need one. We've got Tan. He's got us 2 promotions.:emoticon-0105-wink:

As for your 'sell, sell, sell' comment, I just wish we had players that someone wants to buy.<doh>

I vaguely remember the days when we'd be sweating on keeping our prized assets all through a transfer window.
    Now we're sweating on can we offload some dross.

9. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I think we'll be in the Championship too.

10. irishbluebird

irishbluebird Well-Known Member

We’ll be in the Championship after limping along to the end of another disappointing and frustrating season.

Bulut may still be in charge as he wants to see the job through. However, now that he knows he’s got no financial backing, he might just say sod it and bugger off.

We need a proper fitness coach and pre season preparation like Hull did last year. Oh and if their manager ever becomes available snap him up.
    However with our current owners and board we may only attract suitors looking for a good pay day.

Let’s face it. Until there is substantial investment in the club we are just going to keep on struggling. Ramsay has been a big disappointment. I said before he arrived he could turn out to be a sick note. And he has. For the amount of money we are paying him we could hopefully attract a couple of decent players.

But who knows. Maybe our scouting team are lining up potential recruits now for the new season! Let’s face it, there will be quite a few vacancies if we offload a lot of this current squad.

So back on point. The summer transfer window. Who knows?

11. BluefromBridgend

Let's start with who's going.

Loans:
    Phillips
    Bowler
    Grant - in light of recent improved performances I would sign him if we could afford him and he wanted to come.
    Is Diedhiou a loaner? I can't remember but from what I've seen he can go now.
    Any others?

Out of contract:
    Sawyers
    Adams?
    Rhinomota
    Plus some younger ones - Benjamin, Denham.
    Any others?

12. ccfcremotesupport

Loans - Wilson Esbrand.

As for incoming, I'd like to see a few of the U21s get some game time. They couldn't be much worse than some of the senior squad we have.

13. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

I think you're right about the U21s but let's get a positive style in place that doesn't ruin them. Yes, broken record but until we turn ourselves into a proper football club with proper football people running it, the whole thing will be as disjointed as ever.

BluefromBridgend likes this.
  14. ccfcremotesupport

The winkey face was because I'm as much a stuck record as you.

I fully agree that a 'club style' is needed top to bottom, so when a young gun steps up, he is playing a style he's used to and knows what is expected of him.

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  15. clingo

clingo Well-Known Member

Yeah sorry remote. I did get you were joshing with me. Drummer's writing style I'm afraid <laugh>

16. ccfcremotesupport

More paradiddle than paragraph.<cheers>

BluefromBridgend and clingo like this.
  17. ninian opinion

ninian opinion Well-Known Member

Precisely. What has been the point of putting Colwill jnr and Ashford on the bench if they’re not going to get at least some experience of the next level?
    I’d give them both a start but only if Bulut changes his terribly dull negative and defensive approach. There’s no point though playing them as Clingo inferred if they’re not going to be given a chance to play with some freedom.

18. Oldsparkey

Forum Moderator

Bulut's argument might be that by playing them might mean we'll get beaten...................hang on a minute.:emoticon-0138-think:emoticon-0138-think

19. robbiethemole

robbiethemole Well-Known Member

You need to find stability first, not neccesarily the owner ( usually totally un-stable ) but certainly the manager.
    We'd had 12 years of SISU, but had Robins now for 7 of those and you can see the difference it makes, we have a style of play right from the U18's through to first team, and when subs come in, they know how it works.
    We had a post on our board from 2017 asking where we'd be in 10 years and it was hard to identify with that poster back then, mostly doom and gloom, protests, drop in st's, to where we are now.
    Can Tan be trusted to get the right man in place and let him have 2/3 years before chucking him out??
    I hope you're still in this league next season and get where you need to be.

20. jck200

jck200 Well-Known Member

We can hardly get Colwill and Tanner on the pitch never mind Isaak Davies and a few on loan. Tan has invested over £300 million in this club so to say there is no investment is strange. Bulut has says the way we are playing is the way he decided so stick the blame where it belongs. First it is said we are an average championship side then ask for millions to be spent on players...like Madine for £6 million, everyone should know by now buying high prices does not get you top players in this league.