1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2024 transfer thread

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Apr 19, 2024.

1. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Chelsea are trying but largely failing although the weight of money is helping.

2. CBeeeee

CBeeeee New Member

I think this is a fair point and puts further limits on what might be possible.

3. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

Tinkering around the margins. At most

4. CBeeeee

CBeeeee New Member

I think agree, Brentford in particular seemed to really make a long-term statement with this. Though I still have a slight concern that we are more likely to see the winners and look retrospectively at their strategies rather than follow them prospectively! I think Sunderland are probably the closest to that model in the division at the moment and it will be interesting to see their transfer policy this season as their season absolutely imploded after December last year. Will they stick or twist? At one point their first XI on a Saturday had the youngest average age ever in the championship and was also lower than that of their U21 team which played a few days later.

PLT likes this.
  5. CBeeeee

CBeeeee New Member

Chelsea's other strategy is to have super-long contracts (8 yrs) so the player's 'human capital' belongs to them over a much longer period rather than returning to the player

6. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

There massive fan pressure at Sunderland and the natives aren't happy, but fair play to them for holding their nerve. Can't help feeling that their implementation is far too rigid though.

It's limited their manager options due to their coaching structure and on-field success due to a lack of experience thanks to their transfer policy being almost exclusively youth orientated.

CBeeeee likes this.
  7. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

If I was in. position like Ipswich I'd definitely be trying to do bundle deals. When you hear of great CB 'pairings'.. or 'strike partnerships' I'd want to carry that on as the ones they are replaced with dont meet the partnership strike partnership criteria. Imagine if Waggy and Chillo had been sold as a pair to some First Division team back in the day.

8. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

The praise Brentford has got for their recruitment recently is a bit wrong. They got to the PL by developing players, selling and reinvesting but the last couple of years they've struggled with their recruitment and it's beginning to reflect on the pitch.

As one of the smallest PL clubs, they're having to significantly overpay for players to get them, as they did with KLP, Damsgaard and Hickey.

Their core is still made up of players that got them promoted which is rare, and pulling players over from the Scandinavian leagues is much harder as they need that intermediate jump of playing in the Championship.

9. oozkan

oozkan Active Member

I will repeat: Hull should sign Romanian NT keeper, free agent, from Turkey where Acun can get easily.

I will use this post as reference next season when our GKs allowed stupid goals.

Evington likes this.
  10. Ajbtiger

Ajbtiger Well-Known Member

Funnily enough I just watched this Pandur video, I missed the friendly he played in so have never really seen him play. A YouTube video isn't much to go on and perhaps some of the GK's on the forum can give a better idea but his technique to me seems to be immaculate. Makes some fantastic saves and his feet don't look bad either. Of course, he will make mistakes like they all do and then get crucified but there you go.

11. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

£40 million Greaves £5 million Philo

Idi Amin likes this.
  12. kccircle

kccircle Well-Known Member

Ronnie Edward’s is off to Soton for £3m
    Plus add ons

That was the ready made Greaves replacement. We should have been looking at least

13. socksblownoff

socksblownoff Active Member

One thing I noticed in the video was how quickly he seemed to release the ball. Obviously this was a coaching decision but it was noticeable how whenever he had the ball in his hands he looked to start an attack quickly.

14. Kalman

Kalman Well-Known Member

****ing hell, is that all? They’ve signed Harwood-Bellis permanently, now Edwards from Posh and also look to be signing Wood from Swansea. How many young, highly-rates centre-backs do they need?

15. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Can never have too many centre backs.<laugh>

16. TurkeyTeeth™

TurkeyTeeth™ Well-Known Member

I thought we were signing Ohio today?

17. SW3 Chelsea Tiger

SW3 Chelsea Tiger Well-Known Member

What made you think this? I haven't seen anything to suggest this

18. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

That’s why im happy he’s going to an Everton or West Ham gives the sell on value. If he went to say Spurs we could have the sell on but he’d likely stay there and build his career there

SW3 Chelsea Tiger and TwoWrights like this.
  19. WestStandTiger

WestStandTiger Well-Known Member

Acun been on Sky Sports.

Largely talked about Turkey’s Euro success but said Greaves and Jaden both likely Premier League bound as well as a striker being close to signing.

20. Top_Tiger

Top_Tiger Well-Known Member

I’m not bothered about Philogene, but Greaves too Ipswich would be a massive waste. Might as well stick here for another year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 6, Guests: 0)

1. Howdentiger2
  2. mazzer
  3. AlaHullPPG
  4. Cityzen
  5. NewcastleTiger