1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by StJabbo1, Mar 27, 2022.

1. Lambertissier

Lambertissier Well-Known Member

Van Gobbel was a beast. Real turn of pace and built like an Ox. Some of his challenges made my bones shudder!

2. StJabbo1

StJabbo1 Well-Known Member

Paranoia is good they are out to get you.

Lemons and Oranges likes this.
  3. Gregm1988

Gregm1988 Well-Known Member

Assuming they plan on bringing another defender in then moving on Bednarek and Stephens and the bulk/all of their wages would be impressive work.

Same if McCarthy and one one or two of the attacking midfielders are also moved on (Redmond, Walcott and Elyounoussi). It very much looks like the former two are on the outs as Redmond didn’t even make the squad

I maintain that I think our main limitation at the moment is most likely wage budget space.

So we could see:

Out:

-McCarthy
    - Stephens
    - Bednarek
    - One of Romeu or Diallo (don’t want Romeu to go but if he wants to go home I wouldn’t stand in his way
    - Two of the AMs (I’d kind of prefer Redmond to stay over Ely but I don’t think Ralph sees it that way)
    - Che (only if two forwards are coming in, in my opinion)

(Could be as much as 350k off the wage bill)

In:
    - New CB
    - CM (Garner)
    - Striker (Ramos)
    - New AM (not concrete links but maybe the Villarreal guy or the City youngster although ideally we could do with another big signing here)
    - Loan Full Back
    - Loan Striker - only if Che goes as we should have 4 and Aribo doesn’t really count. I do wonder if the chelsea incomings of Auba and Depay mean Broja becomes available

I doubt all of this goes off (especially on the incoming side) but it really would mean the squad is well and truly shaken up. I really hope we use both our loan slots as it would be daft not to especially with that full back gap. Unless there really is no one out there that fits the profile

SaintsFan86 likes this.
  4. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Brilliant news! How much? Villa pay silly money like Forest…£12m+?

5. Gregm1988

This is far from official but I don’t often see players go for less than what this site values them at unless the clubs really want or need to sell. Especially not PL to PL transfers

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/jan-bednarek/profil/spieler/243028

But perhaps we do want to free up a spot and the wages and might take a reduced fee to be able to get the players we actually want in?

Dark Lord SFC and SaintsFan86 like this.
  6. SaintsFan86

SaintsFan86 Well-Known Member

7. Lemons and Oranges

Lemons and Oranges Well-Known Member

We might be able to scrape together £10 million. Would that be enough to take him off our hands?

8. Gregm1988

19 years old. 6'4" striker. Left footed. Not a pure target man. Apparently is also very quick if the FM and Fifa stats are to be believed

Also linked to Newcastle from some online searches

Only just moved to Graz in January for circa 1.5m. So they could be making a hefty profit.

Read a scouting report that says he drops deep and gets involved in link up play:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/p...m-graz-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics

If there is truth in this I'd hope this was a second striker option (assuming one goes out - in this case Che but he sounds like a better Armstrong replacement)

https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/05/27/rasmus-hojlund/

From the above:

Style of play:

– complete forward

– determined forward with killer-instinct, interesting technique on the ball, good dribbling skills and cleverness at his off-the-ball movements

– versatile attacking player who can play on the wing, as a second striker and even as an attacking midfielder

– can create a great striking partnership when paired with a pacey auxiliary striker

– good agility, coordination and decent pace for a player of his size

– likes to shoot at every opportunity he gets

– indirect set-piece threat

– aerial threat in the opposition box

– generates many flick-ons and passes into the channels for his teammates to utilize

9. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

10. SaintsFan86

11. Gregm1988

Wish I hadn't read this Rasmus Hojlund link now because from what little I have read I really would like us to get him as an option. Seems like a more value for money (and not in a negative sense) version of Broja as he is supposed to be big, quick and likes to shoot. But also drops deeper to support attacks which Broja really didn't seem to do

12. SaintsFan86

Well FWIW I read earlier on Twitter that Che is still expected to leave. So who knows?

13. Gregm1988

It's not the Che leaving part that concerns me too much - it is the not ending up with 4 strikers at the end of the window. I kind of trust that the club know what they are doing with who they want to retain, sell, sign etc. Who fits the way we want to play and all that

At least the discussion has moved on from the ludicrous loan suggestion. The tweet earlier mentioned him leaving on a permanent deal. And there is now this: https://www.givemesport.com/8804911...-sign-premier-league-striker-at-goodison-park

manxsaint and SaintsFan86 like this.
  14. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Can’t help feeling another meltdown is around the corner. We’ve signed 6 players which Is amazing for us. All improvements on our current squad too. I honestly can only see us signing one more and maybe a loan at full back. That’s going to leave a lot of posters grinding their teeth. We need to keep our expectations real.

15. Gregm1988

It might depend on outgoings. If there are none whatsoever then maybe. But I would expect us to try and bring in a new defender if both Stephens and Bednarek leave. For example

mowgli likes this.
  16. SaintsFan86

Yes, As DTLW alluded to the other day, I Still expect 3 to come in, And a 4th if we are planning to replace Romeu.

ST, FB, CB and a CM.
    Though you could add a 10 if we manage to shift 1 or 2 10s of our own.

17. Gregm1988

The slight area of concern is that if it is the one Striker in and then Che Adams out. As I mentioned earlier. That would seem to be a mistake in my opinion

LincolnSaint and mowgli like this.
  18. SaintsFan86

I would think we would be able to bring in a loan if Che were to leave. Whatever happens it is going to be absolutely manic now up until deadline day.

19. Gregm1988

From reading rumours online the window seems to have gone insane for loads of clubs despite being open for a while. I'm not clear on why that is. I guess for some it is a domino effect situation of earlier deals needing to happen. But this isn't true for all.

20. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

We've already got Romeu's replacement - Lavia. The main difference this year is that we buy before we sell. It doesn't mean any sales from now on are matched with a replacement.