1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Stormy weather

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Conspiracy Theorist, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

I checked that when I was watching the lightening strikes I mentioned and never once saw it flash up the lightening I could see. No way were the ones I was watching all the way over in Darlington/Newton Aycliffe. They were right on the edge of Hartlepool and yet not once did I see them flash up on there.
    I do like that site as you can see the storms heading your way but not sure why it wasn't picking up what I was seeing

2. haslam

haslam Well-Known Member

We used to go Eurocamping in the 90's when i was a kid. Staying in Southern Germany (beautiful countryside there btw) it was blistering hot all day and then thunderstorms all night. One night we stayed up until the early hours watching thunderstorms, though generally I think it was just wind and rain - not sure. I sleep like a log so missed out on most of it even though we were in a tent. One night a tree on the campsite was blown over onto the toilet blocks and the fire brigade (or equivalent) were called out, sirens and everything. It was about 100 metres from where I slept and the first i heard about it was the following morning. I like my sleep.

Conspiracy Theorist and rooch 3 like this.
  3. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Was on a date in Durham on Saturday. It was glorious until darkness came then the heavens opened. It was nice