1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Stokie Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Stoke City' started by TheRealPotterJub, Jan 29, 2011.

1. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Unbelievable scenes at the cricket. Rain on each of the 5 days of the 1st Test made it look like a draw was inevitable but a mixture of superb bowling from England and some poor shots from Sri Lanka handed us the victory. Fantastic stuff from England.

2. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

cricket? seriously? cricket? im not 60 yet sgt ha ha

3. I can throw the ball further than Delap

Hello Stokies, i've just got my account with 606 closing tomorrow :tongue:

4. dame

dame Member

As promised im following up on my interview, i completely binned it, it didnt help that id just pulled a 10hr night shift. My brains turned to mush and i could barely string a sentence together let alone answer the questions the boss threw at me. He didnt even take notes, will find out my fate thurs, not keeping my fingers crossed. If i do get the promotion itl be the biggest wing this century. Gutted!

5. peadar1987

peadar1987 Member

You are supposed to be Caribbean though!
    please log in to view this image

6. steve_scfc

steve_scfc Member

Hey guys

606 is dead

Long live not606

7. ricc full

ricc full Well-Known Member

:smiley-finger007:

8. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

Pott's here,
    It was the first thing that came into my head. Pottermouth simples that's it Inverness <ok>
    Even the lads at work were calling me Pott's and most are either Utd or Citeh fans.

9. Pottermouth 328

Pottermouth 328 Well-Known Member

WHO mentioned Cricket? Sgt! I'm garbage with a bat but I can bowl a maiden over. At least I could when I frequented the local disco's in the early 70s
    <party>

10. TheRealPotterJub

Hey All,

Sorry I havent posted in a while, how is everyone? What have I missed? <ok>

*waves to fellow regulars and newbies* I excpect we have a few new people due to the closure of 606, I am disapponted as i ddin't say goodbye on there properly.. Hope they join us on here <biggrin

11. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Hey Jub mate, long time no speak. I'm ok, you haven't missed much, it had been generally quiet for a couple of weeks but the last few days or so it has picked up on here, probably due to 606 closing down, and more people are coming on here now, which is what I hope will happen. The only new addition i've added is a thread i've stuck about this summer's Transfer Speculation, so if you have a transfer story, news etc, please put it on that thread please <ok>

12. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Would love this at Stoke :emoticon-0102-bigsm

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2014
  13. TheRealPotterJub

Hey Sarge,

Yes I have missed the forum, very much. It's weird how you become attached to something on the internet :) But I am.

RE summer transfers, that seems to be a popular topic! All I've heard so far is Carlton Cole and Ruud (agaaaain!) - which have probably already been posted.

Wow that beer thing looks so cool! That'd go down a storm at Delilahs Bar, I'm sure. Mind you, then there'd be no fit, pint-pulling barmaid ;)

14. TheRealPotterJub

This evening has not been a good one for me. You men! :emoticon-0112-wonde Bit down in the dumps, to be honest.

15. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Is it that same bloke you were on about a few weeks ago Jub? The one you said things were "blossoming" with?

16. TheRealPotterJub

Yes. Well remembered Sarge. I NEVER make the first move, right? And now, for the first time ever in my life, all excited and pratically shaking, I had some optimism - and asked him if he fancied the cinema with me. And what did I get: "I dunno." He seemed really weird tonight, strange and untalkative. He said he wanted to go to the pub or something, so I guess he had his mind on booze, he will be online later tonight I guess .. still annoyed and upset if I'm honest. :(

17. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

Sounds like something was on his mind. This is one of the many reasons why I don't date, being the easily disappointed sort of person, I don't think I could handle the disappointments that come with relationships. I've seen with some of my friends what effect it can have on some people.

18. TheRealPotterJub

Wise, we are really alike as my friends have been messed around too. It would of been my first ever proper "date". I'm just feeling bad, he's knocked me he really has. I should of expected it really. I'm not one of "those girlfriends" etc.

19. sgtpotterslonelyheartsclubband

I guess you'll have to see how things go with him. See what he says, you'd think he'd come up with some sort of reason. I guess some people aren't always suited to relationships.

20. TheRealPotterJub

Yes fair point. But he's had girlfriends, he's not Womaniser of the Year either okay but still. He used to say such nice things, but tonight he's been "off". Man Period I think......

Sorry to lumber this on you, BTW.