1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Steve Bruce

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Rudekid, Dec 13, 2020.

1. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

It’s got to the point now that he’s that bad I couldn’t care less whether he’s sacked or not. If we survive which I’m not sure we will he has been our worst manager for a long time.

The gap between us and the bottom teams is getting smaller and smaller.

He’s got failure in his dna.

2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Saw that earlier, that’s surely the end for him?

He’s obvs lost the dressing room and there’s no way back when that happens.

I didn’t think you’d get rid before the season ended, but I reckon he’ll get put out of his misery now.

3. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

His misery? I think you mean our misery surely?

4. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Ritchie is cementing his legendary status here. Whilst lapdogs like Shelvey toe the party line, it’s clear there are real men still willing to stand up to the idiots wrecking our club.

the fans see this.

Seabass likes this.
  5. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I thought that the players were actually playing for him as pretty much they have been putting the effort in on the pitch even if the quality or management hasn't been there but now it's becoming clear that he's lost the dressing room totally. Luckily they do seem to be playing for the shirt and the fans. Ashely needs to get him gone immediately.

magpie290761 likes this.
  6. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

I don't Ashley doesn't sack managers... He backs them well beyond other clubs

7. hammyend

hammyend Member

There has been nothing in your recent performances to suggest that Bruce has 'lost' the dressing room. Any unrest is being fuelled by one particular journalist - Craig Hope of the mail [ go to mailonline to read this article] This is the second time in under a week that he used his position to discredit your club, and to describe the events in such a colourful way is doing your club a disservice. The only beneficiary's from this article are your opponents, tonight we play Spuds and, whilst Parker will ignore the article, fat Sam won't . Imagine the WBA dressing room- I can see Sam pinning this article on the dressing room wall and using it a a tool to motivate his players. I can understand Hopes distaste over the way that Bruce is managing your club, a distaste shared by many of your fans - however he should be mindful of the damage that these negative articles can cause. morale may be affected but, more importantly, it could be a morale booster for your opponents.

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  8. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

TBH I think its more they play for the shirt and the fans than the manager.

Don't think Bruce is all that pally with the majority - can't see ASM, Miggy, Longstaff's, Lacselles, Schar, Fernandez, Manquillo having a good relationship with him - majority played under Rafa who understood the modern game. Bruce's throwing a ball in to the training circle and say "lets play" will not have impressed the majority - last year he did the same to Jethro Willems throwing him under the bus on his debut, He's upset Darlow, Ritchie and Dubravka this week. Lacselles interview made it look like he was fed up. Acccording to Hope players thought Shelvey was forced to give that interview although I doubt that. Jonjo is as thick as two short planks and really would be stupid enough to admit he doesn't want to run around despite being paid £80,000 a WEEK to do so...

We haven't a clue what goes on at the training ground but I'm sure the senior players can tell Bruce is a massive chancer with no idea what he's doing and probably dragging the rest of dressing room through this utter ****house management. Think players like Hayden, Fernandez and Lacselles, possibly Ritchie and Carroll as well, will be quietly leading this team through the ****.

9. Prince Isak (GG)

Why is everyone on Twitter up in arms about the lads being off today and not training?

10. Prince Isak (GG)

And they are also saying that if they sack Bruce he’s going to be owed 4m?

How is that even possible?

11. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Because they’re having a day off and not training. The same **** that baffled Danny rose is still going on.

As for the compo, I can well believe it as per Simon Smiths comments on Ashleys contract skills. We’re so embarrassing.

12. Mick O'Toon

Mick O'Toon Well-Known Member

This what they're on about

IMG-20210304-WA0007.jpg

13. Albert’s Chip Sock

Albert’s Chip Sock definitely not an ACS sock....

14. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Pretty high odds on Klopp being sacked now, lol.

Do you think he'll come crawling for the Newcastle job?! I don't.

15. Prince Isak (GG)

I laugh at this but I wonder if the reason we have so many injuries is because the players are not actually fit enough due to the lack of actual training.

Or would you think they should be fitter on match days as a result of more rest time?

Ritchie once said that Shelvey could be one of the best players if he didn’t play so much golf. It suits Shelvey as he’s lazy. But it’s a point. Lack of effort?

16. Prince Isak (GG)

Newcastle stars alarmed by extra days off Steve Bruce continues to schedule despite team being embroiled in a relegation battle... with stars worried about fitness and injuries after not having to train on THREE of the five days since Wolves draw

17. Prince Isak (GG)

Some players have also raised concerns that Bruce has, on occasion, not stayed with the team in their hotel before matches, particularly those close to his home in the North-West. They believe it sends the wrong message in terms of togetherness.

18. Prince Isak (GG)

Bruce contract ends July 22. It was a 3 year contract. They say if we sack him now it will cost between 3 and 4 million. Means he’s on 2.275m a year. We apparently paid Sheffield Wed 4m for his services.

That means over the 3 years (should he stay for them) he’s cost us gross salary add on costs of 8.37m plus the 4m so £12.37m.

**** me!

19. Prince Isak (GG)

And a quote from wor lad Steve when he joined.

“There is a huge challenge ahead of us, but it’s one that my staff and I are ready for. We’ll roll our sleeves up and we’ll be giving it everything from the off to ensure supporters have a successful team that they can be proud of.”

20. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Bruce is now actively damaging the reputation of our club.

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.