1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Standing on the ball

Discussion in 'Reading' started by Brooking, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Brooking

Brooking Member

I for one am absolutely delighted that your lot are bottom and going down. its pure Karma in my opinion, where's all the Billy big nuts standing on the ball now and giving it large, your lot deserve to be bottom with the trash you bought to keep you up lol, enjoy the rest of your season because i know i will.

All the best
    Brooking

2. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

Harsh Brook, its easy to stand & point when ones doing well, which appears to be your gripe.

All the best.

3. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

not really worth a reply, especially from those of us who remember going along to Elm Park in the old third and fourth division days, arrogance is never our trademark. Funny, I'm very regularly on a Hammers fan forum and I get on great with them, we even share member competitions.
    Shame the Reading Not 606 has no moderator yet ...

4. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

Agree, no love lost with me and a few Reading fans but things can soon change. 2 seasons ago Blackpool was as high as West Ham and ended up going down? No need to come on their board and mock.

5. Tilehurstsouthbank

Get a life fella.

6. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

Typical West Ham fan, they all come across as bitter and very aggressive.

7. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Typical!

8. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Reading fans were very much "giving it large" when they came and beat us at the Boleyn last season. Then there was that Jimmy Kebe incident with his socks.

I'm with Brooking. Very much looking forward to seeing you drop.

Just a shame you will be long gone by the time we play you on the final day as it would have been great fun sending you down.

Oh well.

9. Tilehurstsouthbank

Wow. Some really bitter Hammers on here. With all the abuse we've taken from you lot over the years and you can't take a bit back from "Little Reading"?

One saddo on KUMB even posted a massive 5000+ word thread slagging off the club, the town and anything connected to the town. Think you lot need to learn how to take a bit of banter.

10. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Not really.

You got way too carried away last season and thought you were way better than you were.

We are just gonna enjoy the moment now that the tables have well and truly turned.

To think how your fans were behaving at Upton Park that day aswell!

What goes around, really does come around eh?

11. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

Depends what sort of fans you are talking about; plenty of us too that would have been super happy at just getting into the very last play-off position last season, especially if you saw the table this time exactly last December. I'm a Reading fan, but I do believe we overachieved; probably partly down to the McDermott famed 'man management' stuff, and a second half season burst (which although was the third successive season it's happened never-the-less seemed to take many teams by surprise). I'm on loads of forums representing the 'outreach activity' of RR and I remember that in January polls and threads from forums like Cardiff, Hull, Boro had NOT a single person answering giving Reading the possibility of an automatic position. So, when we visited West Ham near the end of the season it wasn't exactly that we were arrogant - far from it - but that simply we were without pressure, every game and every point was a bonus. Let's face it, any team going on a W-W-W-W-W-W-W-W-L-W-D-W-W-W-W-W sequence is going to give fans confidence. Remember we were in relegation places a month into the season. It wouldn't have mattered if you had slaughtered us that day, the season was already going to be a huge success...
    The same this season; full respect to the Hammers, if we have hopes of avoiding the drop that's in no way being disrespectful to your own most impressive season, obviously way and above the other two promoted teams. See my topic on the Not 606 West Ham board and you'll really that most of us are not WUMS - http://www.not606.com/showthread.ph...v-West-Ham-(29-12-2012)?p=3976810#post3976810 and even more if you tune into the RR Match Presentation which is 90% about the merits of West Ham and not Reading FC - not just in the initial article but in successive posts: http://royalsrendezvous.co.uk/topic/9792134/1

Here's to a good match, however it goes,

daib0

12. Tilehurstsouthbank

Recent events would mean fans in the 15-25 bracket would probably see West Ham as a kind of Rival, but I'm a little older so I've never really seen it that way as we've only started competing on an equal footing in the last decade or so. I have no real feelings on the Iron either way, so if the roles were reversed, I wouldn't begrudge you survival, but whatever floats your boat.

13. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

Is that still because of Pardew joining us? It was a long time ago

14. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

In part, though I got over that six months later!!

I think with all respect there's a bit of an identity crisis at Reading. All clubs love rivals, it spices up the game. But we've lost contact with our traditional historical rivals - we haven't played any out of Swindon, Aldershot or Oxford in over a decade. Older fans may still remember those occasions, but the 15-25 group wouldn't know what is was all about so tend to take London teams as 'anti' instead. But judging from our own club forum I'd say that Portsmouth arte the single most hated club out there as far as the club is concerned. The few of us Royals who have dared to go on KUMB or FAH have had a traumatic experience (!!), but I've fine words indeed for the 'Cockney Boys' site, they've treated us just great in good chat and banter, and have a great sense of humour. We don't go looking for problems of course, well the great majority of us anyway!

15. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

It's a real shame that you will be long relegated by the time we play you on the final day.

It would be a good laugh being the ones to send you back to where you belong after your fans behaviour at the Boleyn last season.

Oh well. Enjoy the premier league while u can.

16. Tilehurstsouthbank

Yawn. Don't you like it when the 'Little' clubs have a laugh at your expense for a change? So you got some banter from the Reading fans when we turned you over TWICE last season. Get over yourself.

17. powermac

powermac Member

Reading will be safe if win 6 of the remaining 10 games .
    Not exactly rocket science , isnt it .

18. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

looking at the relegation players this year I think 35 points will be enough - that's only 4 wins ...

19. trixter_whufc

trixter_whufc New Member

Ok...so you have managed 5 wins in 28 matches and now you are suddenly going to manage 6 out of 10? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

20. daib0

daib0 Well-Known Member

no, four ...