1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spying malarkey

Discussion in 'Leeds United' started by CreativeMenace, Jan 11, 2019.

1. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

AVB: “I will travel to training grounds, often incognito, and look at our opponents’ mental and physical state before drawing my conclusions. Jose will leave nothing to chance.”

That’s Jose.. leaves nothing to chance. Touchline ban? No problem, he’s Petite enough to be smuggled into the changing room in a laundry basket. Ok that’s just a fabulous rumour but there was a Coach wearing an oversized beanie that he never wore before of after, scratching his ears all game in a champion’s league game... and another going for regular comfort breaks and coming back with subsitutions.

No none of it ever happened... and if it did it wasn’t like what Leeds did... not that it could have been like what Leeds did because it didn’t happen... but if it had happened, which it didn’t of course, it wouldn’t have been anything like as bad as what Leeds did, had it happened which it didn’t

Yeh we get it frank.

2 pennth, davy, Jammy 07 and 3 others like this.
  2. Eric Le Merde

Eric Le Merde Well-Known Member

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  3. milkyboy

milkyboy Well-Known Member

I hear Frank came up with the crazy and innovative money making idea while making up stories for his children to tell them where frankie had been and what his magic football had been up to.

By bizarre coincidence, at the same time he was making up stories for their mother to avoid her finding out where frankie had really been and what his magic balls had really been up to.

FORZA LEEDS, Gessa and Eric Le Merde like this.
  4. Gessa

Gessa Well-Known Member

Yes, read that. If he wasn't aware of it, how does he know what form it was in. ****ing liar.

OLOF, FORZA LEEDS and Whitejock like this.
  5. Whitejock

Whitejock Well-Known Member

Didn't dawn on me. Well spotted!

6. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

If the FA sanction Leeds I reckon a huge can of worms will be opened. I also think the race card will be made which won't end well. We know it happens in Suth America and in Spain and Portugal. Big stories around Italian footy too so you wait for the first journalist to mention Johnny Foreigner and hey presto and fat cnuts like Moose say see I told you we would be better with English managers. Radz will fight it

OLOF likes this.
  7. LeedsLover

LeedsLover Well-Known Member

The spygate incident doesn't even exist, was just Lampard making a big deal over nothing.

Teams do their homework on opponents.

Managers / coaches go to games to see how their opponents play, and who their next opponents are in cup matches, and in league.

Lampard made a complete ass out of himself.

OLOF likes this.
  8. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

What ever happens, (which in my view should be nothing) Radz needs to back Bielsa 100%.
    If anything happens Lampard should be sanctioned along with the pundits etc who blew this up out of all proportion.

ristac likes this.
  9. JonnyLosAngeles

JonnyLosAngeles Well-Known Member

Passed on the support from the USA, this site and the other 606 site for MB to someone in the club, who promised to share it with MB tomorrow.

ristac, davy, Eireleeds1 and 2 others like this.
  10. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

Authorities looking into the fact MB has admitted to spy gate saying it breaches some agreement signed by clubs last summer. Here we go....

11. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

He wasn't here last summer, and he's already admitted it was solely down to him and not Leeds United
    Wily old fox:emoticon-0116-evilg

12. JonnyLosAngeles

Not really going to help that he wasn't here, but I don't think the FA and EFL can really do much here.

OLOF likes this.
  13. OLOF

OLOF Well-Known Member

Me neither mate, I think they're just going through the motions, like a few have said on here they will open a right can of worms if they try to sanction us, i'm not too worried to be honest

JonnyLosAngeles likes this.
  14. JonnyLosAngeles

Stuart Pearce quoted on Sky Sports:

"It's not right and proper, from whatever country you come from. It will be interesting to see what the punishment will be from the FA. We've not seen anything as clear-cut as this before.

"If it was me, the team that it has affected the most is Derby, and I would reverse the scoreline. Let the punishment fit the crime. It fits this brilliantly.

Do you think the EFL call him in, and say: 'Don't do that again'. Or I think the way I've approached it, the punishment directly fits the crime in this case."

Also found on that webpage:

please log in to view this image

Well said Sir Winston!

bucks_is_leeds likes this.
  15. Whitejock

**** Pampered has been quoted as saying "I don't know the rules", and yet he's insisting a fellow manager gets punished for not knowing the rules.

You couldn't make it up! <doh>

ristac, OLOF and bucks_is_leeds like this.
  16. Whitejock

Another Spygate! So not the 'uncharted new territory' everyone's talking about! No, I can't remember it either.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/27062091

Crystal Palace result should not stand, say Cardiff City
    please log in to view this image

By David Bond

BBC sports editor

Cardiff's 3-0 defeat by Crystal Palace in early April should not be allowed to stand, the Welsh club have said in a five-page letter seen by the BBC.

The document, sent by club lawyers to the Premier League, alleges Palace boss Tony Pulis knew sporting director Iain Moody was trying to obtain their starting line-up before the game.

3-2 win at Everton on Wednesday, could have implications, not only for the south London club, but for many other teams fighting against relegation.

Palace are 11th in the table, while Cardiff are 19th, three points from safety.

Cardiff allege the events leading up to the game on 5 April raise serious questions, not only about the conduct of staff at both clubs but about the integrity of the game between them.

Moody has already publicly denied attempting to obtain the Cardiff line-up, or directly contacting anyone at the club.

Despite that, Cardiff insist Moody, a former director of recruitment at the Welsh club, phoned a former colleague, performance analyst Enda Barron, on 3 April. It is alleged he called to ask Barron if he could help him obtain the team for the match against Palace.

Although Barron told Cardiff he was unable to provide Moody with the information, he has since left the club. Cardiff claim Moody induced Baron into breaching his contract. Barron was unavailable for comment.

Cardiff allege that by Friday, 4 April - a day before the match - Moody had obtained the starting line-up from another source. This is based on a follow-up conversation between Moody and Barron in which the Palace sporting director told him he now had the team.

It is this exchange that forms the basis of the claim against Pulis, as Moody is alleged to have told Barron he had to go elsewhere for the information because he was "under pressure from Pulis".

Cardiff then claim Moody mistakenly sent a text message with the starting XI to Bolton manager Dougie Freedman a day before the game.

Freedman is said to have tipped off Bluebirds boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer about the leak because they are friends, having attended coaching courses together.

While Aron Gunnarsson is named as the source of the leak in Moody's text, the Cardiff player has denied to the club that he was behind it. His agent, Jerry de Koning, has also denied leaking the team.

For now, Cardiff have accepted the explanations and do not know who gave Moody the information. One of the reasons they want the Premier League to investigate is to find out who might be responsible.

The text message allegedly read: "Straight from Gunnarsson their line up is 4-4-2 Marshall, KTC, Caulker, Turner, Taylor, Daehli, Medel, Mutch, Zaha, Campbell, Jones".

This turned out to be the exact starting line-up for the game against Palace. It contained three changes from their previous Premier League match, against West Bromwich Albion on 29 March.

Cardiff say that, in a meeting last week, Solskjaer placed on record the details of a brief exchange between him and Pulis immediately after the game at the Cardiff City Stadium.

It is claimed Solskjaer said to Pulis: "I am disgusted that your head of recruitment [Moody] is texting one of my players to get our team."

Pulis allegedly responded: "Oooh, I know. I didn't ask for it."

Cardiff claim this is evidence Pulis knew about the team well in advance of the set time for the exchange of team-sheets on the day of the game - one hour before kick-off.

According to Cardiff, all this amounts to a serious breach of the spirit of the Premier League's chairman's charter, which requires clubs to behave with "utmost good faith and honesty to each other".

It goes on to say the south London club "failed to maintain confidences", deliberately acted to "breach Premier League and FA rules" and deliberately acted to "induce employees of Cardiff to breach their contractual obligations and responsibilities in order to assist Crystal Palace".

Specifically, Cardiff say Palace have broken three Premier League rules: B15, B16 and B17. Of these, B17 is potentially the most serious as it states that no club shall disclose or divulge confidential information.

They also claim Palace have breached the Football Association's rules by bringing the game into disrepute, although at this stage a formal complaint has not been lodged with the FA.

Significantly, Cardiff claim Palace's actions were "an attempt to obtain a sporting advantage".

The letter states: "This was not merely an attempt to obtain confidential information - Crystal Palace succeeded in their efforts and achieved an unexpected 3-0 win over the club. We will never know the extent to which the confidential information affected the outcome of the match."

Nevertheless, Cardiff say the "result from the match should not be allowed to stand" and urge the Premier League to deal with the matter as soon as possible, arguing that, with just a few games to go to the end of the season, such a reversal could have a huge impact on the league positions of other teams.

The Premier League is understood to be treating the complaint seriously, although it believes any inquiry would focus on the conduct of the clubs and their staff, rather than an investigation into the integrity of the match.

Cardiff insist Palace have cheated and that the whole episode undermines the spirit and integrity of the competition. Thus the Premier League will not be able to dismiss the issue lightly, especially with so much money at stake for those teams that are relegated.

Despite attempts by the BBC to obtain a response from Moody and Crystal Palace, they have not yet commented on Cardiff's allegations.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2019
    ristac and FORZA LEEDS like this.
  17. Whitejock

Found the outcome of Spygate 2014. CP got undisclosed fine. Max 'for this type of offence' is £25k - or was 5 years ago. Can omeone get word to the club that there is indeed a precedent? I've messaged Alan Nixon of the Sun (fellow Partick Thistle supporter), but not sure if anything will come of it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28839608

Cardiff City: Crystal Palace fined by Premier League over line-up

Crystal Palace have been fined by the Premier League for their involvement in last season's so-called 'spygate' incident with Cardiff City.

Palace beat Cardiff 3-0 in April only for the Welsh side to complain that their starting line-up had been leaked to their London rivals.

Palace, who were managed by Tony Pulis, denied any wrongdoing.

The maximum fine for such offences is £25,000 but the Premier League has not said how much Palace must pay.

Cardiff, who were relegated last season, and Palace say they will not be making any comment.

Palace sporting director Iain Moody worked for Cardiff until earlier last season before taking up a post at Selhurst Park in November.

It was reported that Cardiff thought that Moody might have used his contacts at the Welsh club, or close to Cardiff, to find out which players would start against Palace on 5 April.

Moody rejected the allegations as "incredibly, extraordinarily untrue".

Pulis, who surprisingly quit as Eagles boss last week, insisted at the time that Palace had not acted inappropriately and that Cardiff's team selection had not entered his thinking.

According to the Premier League, Palace were in breach of Rule B.16, which states that "every club shall behave towards each other club and the League with the utmost good faith". (My highlight, seems like the EFLspeak we've heard).

FORZA LEEDS likes this.
  18. Doc

Doc Well-Known Member

Leaking a team sheet seems to be more inappropriate than a guy standing on a public road not breaking any laws. so if anything any fine should be less than the CP fine

OLOF likes this.
  19. bucks_is_leeds

bucks_is_leeds Jonny big spuds
    Forum Moderator

20. 2 pennth

2 pennth Well-Known Member

Highlight.
    In other words,"let's have rules that we can interpret any way we want".
    If they don't like spying then make it a hard and fast rule which is not open to miss-interpretation.

FORZA LEEDS and OLOF like this.