1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spring News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Interesting that Derek Adams was at the game Friday evening....looked quite happy and relaxed in one of the GoS photos.....Surprised really because he didn't leave here with a glowing report.

I would be even more surprised if there was any interest in him returning to the club.....but hold on a minute he is good at returning....THREE times to Ross County and TWICE to Morecambe ....good grief it couldn't happen again....could it ?

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Point 1. - He doesn't fit any of the profile.

Point 2. - He doesn't fit any of the profile.

Point 3. - Refer to Point 1 and Point 2.

He is tactically Ian Foster all over again except he has more experience.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Morgan Whittaker has been picked for the Championship team of the season.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Argyle have sold out the 2,600 tickets allocated to the club for the away game at Stoke.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

That will please Schumacher.

6. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

NO IT WONT HAPPEN

7. Greenarmyjoe

Also he not a scouser :emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni:emoticon-0172-mooni

8. notDistantGreen

Everton have been docked another two points for Financial Fair Play infringements. I'm all in favour of that although like everyone, the first thing that comes to mind when you see a club like Everton penalised is "what about Man City then?

It's also said that Everton may face further sanctions if costs relating to their new stadium are brought into the reckoning. Surely these regulations are intended to ensure that clubs balance the books on ordinary trading meaning income less wages and other costs but also including gains or losses in trading in players. Transfer dealing is a routine part of running a football team and players don't stay on the books long enough to be treated as fixed assets.

Building a new stadium is a bit different - Everton have been at Goodison Park since the 1890's. There are well established rules in the real world about accounting for fixed assets intended to serve a business for decades and FFP regulations shouldn't do something entirely different and penalise clubs when such projects are undertaken. Although owners shouldn't be able to pump unrealistic amounts of money into clubs to buy short-term success, I don't see a problem with injecting money to create a new asset that will serve the club for many years.

9. notDistantGreen

A new EFL TV deal has been announced By my reckoning, there are 552 Championship games per season: 24 clubs each playing 46 games, divided by two. Of those., 328 will be televised in one form or another: just short of 60%. Goodness knows what that will do to the fixture list.

As a result, Argyle TV will cease to broadcast games in the UK. It's not clear what will happen to the current access to highlights etc.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/news/sky-sports-become-home-efl-202425

https://www.skysports.com/football/...ve-year-efl-deal-over-1000-matches-per-season

10. Greenarmyjoe

so we wont be able to watch the matches at 3pm on saturday on the Argyle tv, what nonsense..

What about Chelsea selling two hotelks to the owners to try and balance the books how is that fair .. its all getting stupid

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I am not sure about getting stupid I think that has already arrived. It seems to me that the competition now in football is for clubs to outdo other clubs in how much they do spend not how much they should spend. The Prem League has become a realistic competion between half a dozen clubs only with the odd interlopper joining them for an odd season by outplaying their status. My remembering of history with businesses that get bigger and bigger is that in the end they outgrow their ability to continue to grow and that they implode spectacularly. Football is a little bit different to industrial business but it still may have the ability to outgrow itself. When you look at the Championship and the vast, and I do mean vast, gulf between the top clubs and even club 10 then it's frightening. The amount of clubs that fall down the leagues after avoiding financial armagedon is frightening. It cannot go on like this because if it does eventually as we all can see the arse will fall out of it all and there will be no more. What will people do on a Saturday then. Oh hang on we hardly play on Saturdays now do we........

12. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

So much for me watching my club play on Argyle TV.

13. notDistantGreen

I'm not sure that's the case. They are saying Argyle TV will cease to operate in the UK. What happens in the rest of the world isn't clear.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Can Sky expect Clubs not to show matches live outside the UK....seems rather unreasonable to have that to happen,.

It doesn't really cover that aspect in this announcement....it would be so unfair to be the case.

Hard to imagine..." BC "...not dragging himself out of bed for a 7am kick-off.....keeping his eye-lids open with a couple of match sticks.

15. notDistantGreen

According the 'Erald

However, audio services will remain on iFollow or club streaming services such as Argyle TV, alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences. The new £935 million deal between the EFL and Sky Sports was agreed last May but has been highly publicised by the league and the clubs over recent days.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Having sacked Leam Richardson...Rotherham have appointed the wonderful...everyone's favourite .....STEVE EVANS.

17. notDistantGreen

Take a deep breath and imagine something calming Sensible.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Another incentive to not getting relegated.

19. notDistantGreen

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hate cats...................

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.