1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Spring News

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 7, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lets get winter behind us and look to the longer daylight hours....and Argyle getting a grip on the last 10 games of the season.

It is looking as if to avoid relegation a higher than usual point tally might be needed.....so come on the greens lets start scoring again.

I've heard the distant sounds of the first lawnmower of 2024.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Leicester have been warned that they might infringe the Financial rules for this season.....and might have to sell players to avoid a point deduction.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Simon Ireland 52yrs old from Barnstaple has join Argyle as first team coach until the end of season.

He has coached at Huddersfield, Sheff W, Brighton, Nottingham F & QPR.

His playing career was mediocre to be honest.

Only employed until the end of season ?

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Interesting to see that on-loan Tyreik Wright scored two goals at the weekend for Bradford away at Accrington Stanley....he scored in the12th & 23rd minutes.....final score was 3-0 for Bradford.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

yep my mower has been in action today.. second cut this year .. soon grows.. time for planting soon. well its still a bit chilly.

Well off To NY early next week until easter visisting friends

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You need to read my post on the prediction thread Joe.

I have also had the mower out although a herd of sheep might have made it easier. The grass was lets say very thick and longish but the ground was soaking. I am not allowed to put the mower away with even a blade of grass on it let alone mud so it took me as long to clean it off for storage as it did to do the cutting.

Glad to hear Tyreik is getting on the pitch and scoring as a bonus. He needed to be loaned as it would be doubtful he would get on the pitch with Argyle yet.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Thanks sensible, i amended that .

Yeh the ground was so wet . so like you say takes ages to clean the mower up. i didnt go to the lowest cut yet ..

8. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I popped into the internet to check the Birmingham v Middlesbrough score. Birmingham lost, good for Argyle, several of us have one point but Musty has three.

Thing is though that Azaz was an unused substitute. That’s three games in a row at least.

9. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No he wasn't he came on in the second half at around 60 minutes.

10. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

My grass is more like a paddy field at the moment....not many dry days since the beginning of February.....it only needs to rain for half an hour and the ground is totally saturated very quickly.....out in the car today and I can't remember the last time the roads where so flooded....the drains cannot cope with it.....I think it will need many days of dry weather before I will be able to even think about the lawnmower coming out.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Saxon Earley has had a repeat of an ankle injury....and has had surgery on it again....he will be out until pre-season training.

Also David Tivey has joined the club as Physical Performance Coach until the end of the season.....he is known to both Dewsnip and Foster through them all being involved with the FA.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Our friend Sepp Blatter has said that...."I saw the angels coming for me....but it is not my time to go"......he wouldn't recognise an angel if one knocked him over.

This is all to do with a new book of his that is coming out soon.....this is being said outside FIFA's glass palace that he built in Geneva whilst head of that organization......a HQ that he has been banned from for various misdemeanours .

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It is hard to believe that Ryan Hardie has now played 200 games for Argyle.

14. notDistantGreen

Or that it was Ryan Lowe that recruited him. Was Ryan Lowe really at Argyle more than 209 games ago?

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

It seems that Darko Gyabi's season is over.....he has a groin injury that needs treatment....gone back to Leeds.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Sad to hear that Torquay United have officially gone into administration...have passed a Thursday evening deadline for a bid for the club.

The Conference National League South team had 10pts deducted in March....but do not face anymore deductions.

PS.....just had a look at that league....and Yeovil are comfortably top with games in hand......but Torquay (-10pts)...Taunton and Truro are all struggling.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2024
  17. notDistantGreen

Southampton and Leicester both letting us and themselves down: respectively drawing their games against Blackburn and Birmingham at half time. Not good enough is it? West Brom are at least holding their end up - beating Stoke 1-0.

Guess who scored for Birmingham? A clue - initials are JS.

18. Greenarmyjoe

well lester won come the end and stoke drew .. i watched the stoke game on their channel.. they play like we use to under shuey, fast and attacking same style it will be a difficult game on the 2oth at stoke.. hopefully by then we will have points in the bag win tuesday and anything is possible against lesser 6 points this week would be a bonus.. 4 would be great

19. notDistantGreen

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Let us hope that any investors that Simon brings on board this time are not so flaky as the last lot of Americans...who obviously had no interest in Argyle....just profit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.