1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

SMC groundsmen gone

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ...., Apr 21, 2017.

1. howdentiger

howdentiger Well-Known Member

Yup good lads for making themselfs look well and truly stupid and wasting people's hard earned money that they took knowing full well they had lied..... Good lads

Edelman likes this.
  2. Walter Sobchak

Walter Sobchak Well-Known Member

Nah, you won't convince me that the only reason they conceded the first part was to save time. They conceded because they knew they hadn't handled the sackings appropriately.

What point have I missed?

3. Asterix

Asterix Well-Known Member

I cannot believe this thread rumbles on. Of all the things we can be a tad miffed with the Allams, and some think the lost cause of two groundsmen should be added to the list.

4. Walter Sobchak

What's it to you? The way the club handles everything is appalling, literally everything. The fact the allams leave you only a 'tad miffed' speaks volumes.

Edelman and PLT like this.
  5. Asterix

The fact that they were quite rightly sacked.

howdentiger likes this.
  6. Walter Sobchak

I wasn't even talking about their sacking, nor making a judgement on what was right or wrong, so how could I have missed the point numbnuts?

My whole point was Ehab is talking complete bollocks when he says the only reason he conceded the first part was to spare his staff stress. That is obviously complete arse.

Kempton and Sir Cheshire Ben like this.
  7. Asterix

You have no idea. This episode should not even be a footnote to the list of wrongdoings to lay on the Allams. I do hope your hard earned was not deposited in the crowd funding appeal. Financial loss can cloud ones judgement.

Mike in Williamstown likes this.
  8. Walter Sobchak

Nice evasion of my point. Come back when you can answer my questions or jog on.

9. hullinasia

hullinasia Active Member

No matter what you think of the Allams and I hat them ... these guys knowingly lied to raise money of very kind hearted people I'm sorry but that's just wrong and they should be called out for it

howdentiger likes this.
  10. Walter Sobchak

I never said they shouldn't be called out for it. I'm not sure what point you're arguing against but it's nothing to do with what I said.

11. Asterix

My mistake, sorry. They were sacked for doing something in company time. Though it could be argued, attending employment tribunals forms part of the duties of senior managers, the thought Ehab would be paying them to sit for two days in a tribunal waiting room, on pay, probably brought about a cold sweat.

12. Walter Sobchak

I've got no doubt that a) what they were doing was a sackable offence and b) they have lied about it. That can't be argued against.

The only points im making is: a) The allams could have handled this with a conversation and saved all this trouble and b) they royally ****ed up the sacking procedure and then c) are now claiming they only admitted they cocked it up to look after their staff i.e. 'we didn't really cock it up' which is laughable.

13. Asterix

My last on this. I will keep my anti Allam powder dry. Not waste in a ****ed up sacking.

14. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

They only conceded at the very last moment, but obviously it was just to protect the interests of their dearly valued workforce. Who they didn't mind putting through the stress of a tribunal until they'd waited as long as possible in the hope that the groundsmen wouldn't find the money required to fight the case. Only when they realised that the groundsmen had been able to afford top representation, despite not making nearly enough from the crowdfunding, did they make that decision. Coincidence though of course. It was to protect their employees from stress.

Walter Sobchak likes this.
  15. howdentiger

top representation that was a compete waste of money that proven liers conned people out of knowing full well they had lied!!.... Anyone defending these 2 after the full facts are now in the open is quite honestly laughable

Asterix likes this.
  16. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

Where are the full facts? Ehab's statement? Sure.

It wasn't a waste of money if it scared Ehab into accepting what he'd done rather than trying to fight it. Make no mistake, he'll have been very reluctant to do that and if he thought he could win he'd have tried.

17. Newland Tiger

Newland Tiger Well-Known Member

I've never heard anybody say Hull is a utopia , here or anywhere else , although when people actually visit many are surprised in a positive way

Edelman and PLT like this.
  18. howdentiger

No the full tribunal findings

19. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Nobody comes out of this sorry affair with any credit but the Allams, as supposed pillars of the business and wider community, have behaved with breathtaking arrogance and heavy-handedness. More shame on them.

spesupersydera likes this.
  20. City Man

City Man Well-Known Member

Sorry. Add 'Local Media' to the list of winners.

They've got plenty of mileage from this story.