1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Six Nations 2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'International Rugby Union' started by SaintsForTheWin, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Ashton isn't playing that badly for Saints, I just find with England we use our backs too scarcely. Haskell has a one year contract with a Japanese side and that's the reason of him not being in the side. He will be back for the Summer tour I think. Flutey started the season on form but lately Wasps have been getting beaten by everyone and he's getting on. Tuilagi won't be back for a couple of weeks and that's the same with Lawes too. Flood is back for this weekend but I hope he doesn't play as he's crap.

We do lack ball carriers that's why I want to Morgan start a 8 next game with Farrell at 10, Barritt at 13 and maybe someone like Allen at 12. Someone with a bit of flair who can bring the backs into play.

The bold bit was that you were down to 14 men when you scored your try. I'm sure I saw the countdown clock finish before the lineout.

2. Swamp

Swamp Well-Known Member

good result for wales again <ok>

3. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

Yes the clock ran down just as the ball was thrown in, but there was no break in play and we scored pretty much straight from the lineout

4. SaintsForTheWin

Yeah, re watched it and noticed <ok>

5. It'sChicoTime

It'sChicoTime Well-Known Member

I think we (Wales) thoroughly deserved the win yesterday. The ref wasn't up to much but if you watch the try that was never given, you can clearly see the balls through the arms of the players. touch the ground. The rule also states that if there is any doubt as to wether it is a try or not, the benfit of the doubt should go to the team that scored the "try".
    Bradley was very lucky. It was a red card and he will be punished for it. But, as it has been stated, we scored the try without him on the field, so this did not make a difference.

The last gasp penalty was a penalty. It's in the rule book that a player cannot be picked up by one leg and dropped. This is what happened and while it was not dangerous, it broke the rules, therefore it was a penalty. Not a yellow card admitadely, but this would not have changed things as straight after the penalty, the game ended.

Overall, we were the better team and created more chances. The last 3 times we have played Ireland, they have been favourites, 3 times we have beaten them. We are an up and coming side with great youngsters and we won with a serverly weakened side yesterday, so to say we are over rated is stupid.

I'm quietly confident we can win the grand slam this year. Italy are poor, Scotland were dire, England scraped through but Scots shot themselves in the foot, and while France won compfortably, they were not at their best.

6. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

And France got to come to the millennium stadium on last day of six nations I'm licking my lips at that prospects De Ja Vu of 2008 grand slam!!! Yeah Morgan is a great player shame he didn't decide to join Wales but we got good depth in that position!!! I'm just worried about lack of players for Lock position Alwyn Jones and Chatteris out with Bradley surely banned for atleast the tournament and possibly the whole season!!! It peob looks like Ryan jones will go into second row n hope dan lydiate is back to go back in at 6!!! N tuperic played well all these players are young unbelievable

Dan Lydiate - 23
    Falatau - 21
    Sam Warb - 23
    Priestland - 24
    Jamie Roberts- 24
    Jonathan Davies - 23
    Leigh Half - 22
    George North - 19
    Alex Cuthbert - 21
    Bradley Davies - 25
    Lloyd Williams - 22

These players have so many caps between them so there not just young there experienced now!

7. SaintsForTheWin

Yes, I'm not going to argue, you did deserve to win yesterday but you are over rated. You have only beaten an aging Irish side without O'drizzle and they don't have the attack prowess without him. The thing I don't like about the Welsh team though is they are just building a team with huge people in the back line. The media love George North but I don't see him as that much better than Matt Banahan and I think Banahan sucks!

Italy are poor yes, so are Scotland and so are England. I'm not gonna disagree there.

8. SaintsForTheWin

The age difference not that different to England. What Wales do better than England though is blood their youngsters earlier. I would like to see our youngsters brought through quicker. No idea why Dowson has been called up at 31, I love him being a Saints fan but he's past if for the international stage in my opinion.

9. It'sChicoTime

Still cannot see the over rated part. We beat Ireland at the world cup, compfortably, should have beaten South Africa but for our kicking, then were the better side V France with one man less and then beat Ireland again.

Nobody is saying we are world beaters, so I really can't understand the over rated part. Who is over rating us? Yes there is alot of talk about North, but did you see him V Ireland? He cut out a sure try with his awareness, beat 4 players for his try with his pure muscle, and then battered aside a huge Irish guy before making offload of the 6 nations so far for a try.

We then have J Davies who scored two tries, and his tactical awareness is second to none and he spots the gaps like no others. I could go on for the rest but won't bother lol.

I'm not bigging my team nation up to be something they are not, but, if we can sort out our kicking issues, I think Wales WILL be the best rugby team in the Northern hemisphere. The only team that comes close is France.

10. blueforever123

I am sorry but George North is quality. You cannot question his ability and the fact that he has already scored 10 international tries in 17 appearances proves this. Why is having a strong, powerful backline a bad thing?

11. SaintsForTheWin

I'm a fan of the small back liners, the big back liners look like centres with pace moved to the wing so the team can do a lot of crash ball. No offence, you did a lot of that against Ireland, but that has become a tactic for most teams apart from the SH teams. I admired Shane Williams (even though he's welsh <grr>) and I'm a fan of the foden, halfpenny, medard etc kind of player. Old school wingers/fullbacks.

12. DerekTheMole

DerekTheMole Well-Known Member

To be fair we've tried using smaller backs for many years and failed. Now we just don't have smaller players that are as good as/better than these big guys so we have to go with them.

Also defences are getting tighter and tighter and there's not as much room for these smaller players to utilise.

13. It'sChicoTime

Meh, who wants small backs when you have the barricade that is Northey.

14. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

I can't wait to see the games this weekend I hope Ireland up there game n beat the French I think Ireland can do it!!! N it's hard to believe but the welsh squad has only got stronger with Dan and Gethin back...god help Scotland they need to score tries against us to have even a chance of beating us!!!

It be good to see how the English pack fairs up against a strong pack of the Azurri!! Hope England create a bit more as they won't beat Italy up front they got to score tries otherwise I could see Italy winning this arm wrestle....

England (depends if they can create anything) Ireland and a Welsh win this weekend please!!!

15. SaintsForTheWin

I'm looking forward to the French/Irish and Welsh/Scottish game more than the England one. Our pack is going to get smashed and with the most defensive centres in the world we are going to struggle. I'm just gonna look forward to the Welsh England game when we have a bit of spark back in the centres.

16. Trypsin-1

Trypsin-1 Active Member

I had a wee bet on Eire <ok> but those welsh ****s ****ed it up the lucky cheating scumbag sheep-shagging ****ers <grr>

17. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

How we cheat exactly?!

18. Cyclonic

Cyclonic Well Hung Member

I can't profess to know too much about Northern football, but I would be surprised if Italy won. It's fine to have a pack, but you need more than that. It's always hard to win away, but if England drop this game, I think you can write them off as champions this year. France at home probably will be too good for Ireland. Scotland in Wales will be a huge problem. Some serious damage will be done to a number of hopes this weekend.

19. Captain Hook_ccfc

I reckon Italy can beat England, whether they will is another question. They will be going for it and I predict a low scoring affair with Italy nicking it. Ireland in France should be a great game but for me France will get the win in the end. and as for Scotland travelling to Cardiff, well, um, Scotland have almost no chance - Hammering!

20. North North Watford

North North Watford Active Member

France-Ireland called off.

Don't see why Italy-England went ahead but not this.