1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Six Nations 2012 Discussion

Discussion in 'International Rugby Union' started by SaintsForTheWin, Jan 29, 2012.

1. SaintsForTheWin

SaintsForTheWin Any holes a goal

Right, it's all in the title. Who do you think is going to win? Is there going to be any upsets?

Personally, I cannot wait. I have a feeling the Championship is there for the taking from any of England, Ireland, France and Wales. I think France will take the title this year though but probably not with a Grand Slam.

2. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

On paper - England.

3. Captain Hook_ccfc

On paper England should finish 4th at best!!

1. Wales
    2. France
    3. Ireland
    4. England
    5. Italy
    6. Scotland

4. SaintsForTheWin

I think Wales are the most over rated team to be honest. Anything can happen in the Six nations though, I can only see Italy coming bottom. I think France will win but England are an unknown entity. I'm hoping we come out and perform but it's England so I doubt it.

5. rockape

rockape Member

normal welsh over hyping there selves again

6. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

Day 1:
    Plain sailing for England and France, tomorrow's match could well decide third place.

7. Captain Hook_ccfc

*Day 1:
    Plain sailing for France without much of a test, England and Scotland both rule themselves out of making any sort of title challenge. Tomorrow the big game of the weekend will decide who will battle it out with France for the championship. Wales will take it.

8. SaintsForTheWin

I really hope Ireland take it, more importantly I hope it's a good game.

9. RW-Jack

RW-Jack Member

Surely it's justified after the world cup we had, nothing wrong with a little optimism <ok>
    My (slightly biased) opinion is that Wales will take the Six Nations after beating France at the Millennium, massive game today though!
    C'mon the Welsh :D

10. SaintsForTheWin

Justified? The only biggish side you beat was Ireland.... I don't care if you should have beaten France because you didn't.

I'm an English fan and I am biased but I know England will not win the 6N, I predict 2 wins for us as we don't have our best team. Even yesterday we could of had a better 15 out.

The 6N I think will be won by Ireland or France.

11. SaintsForTheWin

How did Davies stay on the field, he will be cited at least and be banned for the rest of the tournament. The last penalty wasn't even a penalty let alone a sin bin.

12. Aircrafted consulate.

****ing Joke.. How the hell does Dave Pearson recommend a yellow card... Pearson and Barnes bottled it, they've made life harder for every other referee in the game with their **** today.

13. blakey66

blakey66 Member

what was the score again 21-23 get over you english txxxx

14. SaintsForTheWin

You were playing Ireland, not England <ok>

And damn you're thick!

15. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

Yes it was defo a red card! N I'm welsh n he will be banned for about 8 weeks! It was reckless n stupid...and Gatland was very honest in his assessment of it, but can I point out that Wales scored the try when we had 14 men and the penalty was harsh n the IRB has got to have clear guidelines!! To me when I played rugby a few years back that ferris tackle is a great one! But sadly letter of the law states that the legs can't go above horizontal and Ian Evans did so...
    It's just like football with this 2 footed challenge sometimes it's a red n sometimes it's a yellow it's part of sport!!!

Let's not take anything away from the 2 teams it was full of excitement unlike the England Scotland game!

Anyways the Tournament is still wide open remember Wales got to go to HQ never easy there...this is why this tournament is so special

16. SaintsForTheWin

Firstly, I'll just like to add Wales were the better side and deserved their win and it was a hugely exciting game. No doubt better than the Scotland/England game but it's been a long time since that game has been exciting.

On the bold bit, are you sure?

To be fair, at the end Ireland should have won it because of the sin binning but shot themselves in the foot. They only have themselves to blame for the poor defending and not being as aggressive as Wales at the break down.

17. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

What you mean on the bold bit?!

Yeah there's still a lot of work for Wales to do we need to score when in opponents 22 to only have 5 at half time is just not good enough...and the lineout was poor but with our 3rd and 4th choice locks against the best lineout team in the world I can't moan too much after all that one try came from a superb welsh lineout!

I don't want to sound cocky but I ain't worried about next week against Scotland! They just have no direction n lack in the back division, but scotland are due a big performance hope it isn't against us ^^

England on the other hand

18. SaintsForTheWin

The bit I highlighted in bold, I'm sure I saw the countdown clock finish just seconds before he threw it in. I wouldn't worry about Scotland either as they failed to beat a poor England side. I'm already not Lancaster's fan as I think there are better players in certain positions not picked and we looked very 1 dimensional.

19. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

The bit you have highlighted hasn't appeared bold! On iPhone so might not show well what you like me to clarify?!

England lack ball carries! I would of had Haskell in he's a good carrier n you need a creative midfield player what's happened to Flutey?!? And sure you got someone better the hodgeson at 10...Chris Ashton to me isn't playing well n needs to be dropped!!

20. lateboy87

lateboy87 Member

I also forgot Tuilagi?! He should defo be on the bench atleast he's a game changer! And can Farrell play 10?!