1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Shota's done one...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Sir Cheshire Ben, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

I got mucky looks in the library once. The Monday after a drubbing by 5 goals I came across a book by our then manager
    “ Successful defending - the Mike Smith way”:and burst out laughing.

2. WSTiger

WSTiger Well-Known Member

Well a quick scan says he is a 4 3 3 guy who wants to play out from the back “interplay between the two center backs then pass out to the full backs positioned wide”
    We are already good at that especially Figueredo.
    The players though are going to have to get use to some interesting terms:
    The morphocycle and no the players won’t be able to ride it
    Horizontal Alternation Specificity
    Principle of Propensities
    And no “give it some welly is not one of them”
    Regardless ignoring the complicated term if he comes, it’s obvious that unlike Shota he will come in with a plan and a defined style of play.
    Beginning to warm to the guy.

3. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

If you subscribe to Amazon Prime you can read the full book for nowt.

4. WSTiger

Really I am a subscriber so I am not sure why it does not give me that option. I will take a look. Not so sure I wanna read it all. I would then become an ITKer with regards tactics and training and would banned from the forum for spouting nonsense.

rovertiger likes this.
  5. Sumatran_Tiger

Sumatran_Tiger Well-Known Member

There's plenty that do that but they didn't get banned.

WSTiger likes this.
  6. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

He's done nothing since failing in the Play Offs against us so have no idea why the appeal if there's supposedly a bunch of managers keen.

7. WSTiger

When other then knowing he has spent time studying the game don’t know much about him. And I I am not suggesting he would be good for City. Nor the opposite.

8. WestStandTiger

WestStandTiger Well-Known Member

Think this is a mischaracterisation. Portuguese cup win and quarter finals of the Europa League with Braga.

9. SydneyTiger14

Fair enough I missed his spell in Portugal, but he's managing in the UAE now which doesn't scream manager in demand. Could do worse I guess but not overly enthused if it is him.

10. Tigerboy98

Tigerboy98 Well-Known Member

I’m sold on Carvahal, in this video he tells you his plan if he takes over a new team

11. Real ale tiger

Real ale tiger Well-Known Member

It will take me a while to love an ex Wednesday manager. Might have to have a bit of counselling. But if that's what acun wants

12. Mckechnie Orange

Mckechnie Orange Well-Known Member

He probably has an 'alignment' towards the owners philosophy.

Probably answered more 'yes' on the application form.

13. Mckechnie Orange

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with anything he's said, but there's some serious marketing gone into that vid.

If he comes and lives up to it, fair play to him.

Cityzen likes this.
  14. Mckechnie Orange

Congratulations. Have a w@nk on your own behalf.

15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It certainly presents it in a logical way, his English is very good, I would be happy to have him come in. Reminds me a bit of Marko Silva, and I liked his way of management.

Tigerboy98 likes this.
  16. bradymk2

bradymk2 Well-Known Member

That just screams big money
    That's all

17. oozkan

oozkan Member

So Acun sticks to Turkish connection but also adds English league experience this time with Carvalhal. Let's see if it is gonna work, Carvalhal was a loved figure in Turkey, he gained respect especially with his positive messages when Gala fans paid tribute to Terim before Besiktas game where Carvalhal was interim manager, then he earned a position in Basaksehir, wasn't really a good one. Rest of the story, you already know from Sheffield and Swansea.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2022
    Real ale tiger likes this.
  18. SydneyTiger14

Quite possibly.

19. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

იმ კუნძულზე მუშაობა და ცხოვრება, რომელიც ნებისმიერი მწვრთნელისთვის და ფეხბურთელისთვის საოცრებათა ქვეყანაში მოგზაურობას ჰგავს ბედნიერებას მანიჭებს და მიხარია, რომ ჰალ სიტიმ ერთ-ერთი მთავარი ოცნების ახდენის შესაძლებლობა მომცა. კლუბის შენების პროცესი, განსაკუთრებით მაშინ, როცა ის ახალი მფლობელის ხელში ხვდება და განსაკუთრებით ისეთ ქვეყანაში, როგორიც ინგლისია, წარმოუდგენლად რთულია. ამჯერად, ეს ამბავი ისე არ გამოვიდა, როგორც ამას ყველა ვისურვებდით 8 თვის წინ, როცა ჩემპიონშიფში სადებიუტო მატჩი მქონდა.

მინდა აჯუნს და მის გუნდს ამ რთულ გზაზე დიდი წარმატება ვუსურვო. სამწუხაროდ, ჩვენ ვერ მოვახერხეთ იმ საქმის ბოლომდე მიყვანა, იმ ფორმით, როგორც შევთანხმდით და როგორც ამის დასაწყისში გვჯეროდა. არის საკითხები, რასაც დროსთან ერთად სწორი მიდგომა სჭირდება. საბოლოოდ, რიგ საკითხებზე შეუთანხმებლობამ დააშორა ჩვენი პოზიციები ერთმანეთისას, რაც გახდა კიდეც ამ გადაწყვეტილების მიღების საფუძველი. თუმცა, ამის მიუხედავად, იმედი მაქვს, ჰალ სიტი წარმატებული კლუბი გახდება.

მადლობას ვუხდი ვეფხვების სტაფის ყველა წევრს, ასისტენტებს, თანამშრომლებს, მთავარი გუნდის, აკადემიისა და სტადიონის პერსონალს. განსაკუთრებულ მადლობას ვუხდი ფეხბურთელებს, ვისთან ერთადაც ამ პერიოდის მანძილზე ვიმუშავე. მადლობას ვუხდი მედიას, რთულ და ინტენსიურ რეჟიმში თანამშრომლობისთვის. მთავარი მადლობა კი ფანებს ეკუთვნით, რომელთა მხარდაჭერა და შეძახილი Arveladze We’ve got.. ჩემი კარიერის ერთ-ერთი მნიშვნელოვანი მონაპოვარი იქნება.

Working and living on an island that is like a trip to wonderland for any coach and player makes me happy and I am glad that Hull City gave me the opportunity to fulfil one of my career dreams. The process of building a club in a country with a rich history and culture like England, especially when it comes under new ownership, is incredibly difficult. This time, the story did not turn out the way we all would have liked 8 months ago when I made my Championship debut.

I want to wish Acun and the Tigers great success in this path that awaits. Unfortunately, we were not able to finish the job which we set out to do all that time ago. There are issues that need to be addressed and more issues that will need the right approach in the future. In the end, disagreements on a number of issues separated our positions from each other, which became the basis for making this decision. However, despite all this, I hope that Hull City will become a successful club.

I would like to thank the entire staff of the Tigers; coaching staff, co-workers, personnel of the first team, academy, and stadium. I would like to express my special thanks to the players with whom I worked during this period. I thank the media for their candour in a difficult and intensive time. A massive special thanks goes to the fans, whose support and chant; “We've got Arveladze” will be one of the most cherished memories of my coaching career. Hull City ⚫️

20. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Thanks once again Shota. Top bloke.