1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season tickets

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Mar 20, 2018.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

Spoke to the club shop this morning, information about 2018 / 2019 season tickets will be on the clubs web site on Friday of this week

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  2. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Over the last three seasons before the current one I managed to attend a lot of home games as my Saturday off fell on the right day:), my old man managed to get me tickets for these games as he's in the share scheme thing :)however this season he got me a season ticket and hardly any my Saturdays off have fell on a home game<doh> I don't think I will bother with one next season I don't thing any of my friends are either meaning we don't have to go in the same side of ground all the time.

3. old timer

I am some what lucky, my wife likes a bit of peace I follow the Rovers and my birthday is just before the season starts present sorted I get to every home game possible my lovely wife gets a bit of peace and every body is happy well except when we lose

smhbcfc likes this.
  4. old timer

More information on latest news Bristol rovers site

5. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

£275.00 to stand up behind the goal, no book this time, just a digital card.

£23.00 if you are lucky enough to be still under 11, a quid a game, can't argue with that !

6. old timer

Paid for mine today, If we make the playoffs and get promoted £140 - 00 will seem good value if we don't get promoted it will still be good value

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  7. old timer

Club reported a £3 million loss down to UWE so hopefully the small increase in tkt prices will give DC a little more leeway in signing players

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Watch this clip. Almost set a tear in my eye!

bs3 gas likes this.
  9. old timer

We have in the past won awards for our programme but the young lady never ever opened it to look inside so we know it wasn't her vote that helped get the awards, also thought a step might have been cheaper. I wondered what this guy was going to bring to the club when he joined us from Brighton, we had pie tasting and then we had that video and if that video doesn't help sell tickets then I will be very surprised, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not copied in some way by other clubs

10. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Wouldn't fancy a ticket in that corner of the ground, the wind and rain sweeps in to that terrace, you'd just get soaked every time.

11. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

I wonder how much money has been spent over the years on failed bids to get a new ground?

12. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Probably quite a sum, it's disappointing isn't it. I wonder if there are any other clubs around the country that have had quite so many false dawns as ours when it comes to attaining a new venue to play in ?
    I see that Brentford finally look as if they are to get their new ground, good for them although I shall miss going to Griffin Park as it was to my mind one of those quintessential 'in amongst the houses' English football grounds with a pub at each corner to boot !!

13. old timer

Gastro I think it would be better we didn't have an answer to your question but I bet it would have got us a couple of quality players

14. old timer

As anybody seen any figures about the number of season tickets sold so far

15. old timer

the deadline for season ticket renewals was yesterday, Record number of season tickets have been renewed before they go on general sale at a date to be announced

16. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

We keep breaking our record of season ticket sales each season under DC. If we can spend a bit of money on the playing squad (unless we can get some quality in the summer who are available for free) then we should break into the top 6 hopefully next season, or at least be challenging for it.

However, we are not ready for championship football. We need a better stadium and facilities to survive at that level. Build the damn thing and as they say in the field of dreams - "they will come." I think if we had a new stadium then we would regularly getting 13-15k each home game. That will give us a massive increase in revenue which can be used on the playing staff to then really challenge for the championship and survive at that level. If we had gone up this season or go up next season, we will go straight back down again. We are not ready for that level. As fans, we all want to be there yesterday. But be realistic. We dont have the stadium, training ground or players that is good enough at that level Do you think Wael and co will all of a sudden spend Millions and Millions on players so we can survive if we go up? 2 or 3 more seasons in league 1 and get that stadium built finished 2 years from now. Any longer then you may as well give up as DC wont stick around if the club cannot match his ambition. This is the best chance to reach the next level. Keep DC hooked to the club and get the stadium going. Even when we were reaching the play offs at this level in the 90's, we were not in as good position as we are now. We have owners who are improving us. We have the manager who is improving us. Just need that stadium and I swear everything will fall in to place.

old timer likes this.
  17. old timer

I find it fascinating that a manager that gets players to do the jobs they get paid to do with enthusiasm is backed by the majority of fans even when the results are not going our way. Our new owners in awarding DC a five year contract said that DC and Bristol Rovers were a good fit, lets hope that a bit of encouragement is given to DC this next transfer window, I am not expecting the club to spend millions on players but a couple or three players of Sercombe type quality will only improve the squad and build up the support.
    Spoke to Smith our GK and he and Slocombe are both under contract for next season so which ever is your favourite at least we have two good keepers in place and that is something we have not had for very long time. A little bit of extra cash for signings whether for fees or wages I believe will take this team forward next season, we are not far off being the team to take us into the playoff places

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Yes we do. But they have both looked suspect a few times but I think that is down to our defenders. A defence that plays regularly together is key. A defence that a keeper can trust. Constant changing of the defence each game cannot help <ok>

19. old timer

Has anyone received their season tickets yet, with the season a little over a week away I was hoping it would have arrived by now

Managed to get through to the club shop and was informed that season tickets would be posted out this week

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
  20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Nope.