1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Season Predictions

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by Moorpheus19, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Moorpheus19

Moorpheus19 Well-Known Member

Always a bit of fun to look back on come the end of the season!

League winners - Manchester City - they're still better than everyone else in terms of squad depth and overall quality. Their choke at the end of last season was something borne out of nerves - can't see this being an issue anymore. Man Utd haven't improved enough for me, despite the acquisition of the useful Kagawa. Chelsea have improved significantly taking their potency above United (providing it all clicks with Torres) - their new midfield will require time to gel however.

Top 4 - Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal - I've been impressed with Arsenal during the transfer window - Cazorla is an awesome buy and for cheap too. I think they'll be closer next year, but still far below Man City's points tally (already spoken about the others)

Tottenham's position - 6th (below Newcastle). AVB, if it works, will do well with us I think but our lack of activity in the transfer window, particularly up front is quite frankly ridiculous. Our quality in midfield will help, but Defoe can't do it all on his own up front - Kane isn't ready to be a #2 striker either.

Surprise package - Southampton - great youth setup plus an overall decent side. Can see them finishing top 10.

Relegation 3 - West Ham, Aston Villa and Wigan. No point talking about Wigan - they're always down there. West Ham and Aston Villa both have a poor squad (despite Villa's change in boss their squad remains really poor - relying far too heavily on Bent).

Top scorer - Aguero

First manager to be fired - Steve Clarke at West Brom. Hodgson did a decent job with them - can't see Clarke matching it.

Post your own thoughts!

2. remembercolinlee

remembercolinlee Well-Known Member

Top 4
    Sunderland Wigan QPR Southampton

Relegated
    Man Utd Chelsea Liverpool

Carling Cup Winners
    Bournemouth

FA Cup Winners
    Halifax Town

CL Winners
    Arsenal

3. No Kane No Gain

No Kane No Gain Well-Known Member

Don't be so ridiculous!

4. Manobear

Manobear I love cheeseburgers

Just curious as to why everyone is writing United off. Finished level on points with City last year, and haven't lost anyone important, while adding Kagawa into the squad. City have the same squad as last season, where every other squad has strengthened. Im not saying United will win the league, but everyone is predicting City...big gap... Everyone else. I think it'll be a lot tighter at the top than it was last season.

5. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

With AVB joining us I only have eyes and thoughts for Spurs so I couldn't even begin to predict other teams. Chelsea with their coach I don't think will challenge and Arsenal showed huge cracks last season and might not. I haven't a clue about the others. Again with 4th playing 5th the first match of the season I think will tell us a lot about the prospects of both teams but I see Newcastle falling away in the latter stages. That's all I have to say.....sorry.

6. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

City
    Man Utd
    Spurs
    Chelsea (Di Matteo won't be able to hold a dressing room that egocentric together, and I think they're going to implode.)
    Newcastle
    Arsenal (Minus V. Persie. With him, 4th.)

First Manager to go:
    RDM

Relegation:
    West Ham
    QPR
    Villa

7. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

Arsenal are 12:1 for the League with Paddy Power. For those who don't understand betting if you put £100 on Arsenal to win the league you will lose £100.

8. Spurm

Spurm Well-Known Member

As far as the league positions go i think i would agree with you. At a push i might say 7th for Spurs with a surprise package team getting 6th.
    If Newcastle keep their strikers, which it looks like they will, i think they have a shot at 4th.
    Because i don't want to copy you i am going:

Winners - City
    Top 4 - Utd, Chelsea, Newcastle
    Arse - 5th
    Everton - 6th (ok, maybe not a massive surprise)
    Spurs - 7th

Relagated: Villa (please), Reading (unfortunately), West Ham (pray)

9. deedub93

deedub93 Well-Known Member

I'll be happy with 17th providing we finish above the goons.

10. crackerman jack

crackerman jack Well-Known Member

If we don't sign anyone we will struggle for top 6. I can't see past Man City, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea for the top 4. If we were to finally wrap up the Adebayor deal and get NEW STRIKER then I would say we would be challenging the top 4. I can see us dominating matches this season but not scoring and either drawing or losing tight matches.
    Of the realistic relegation contenders I would love to see West Ham and Southampton relegated, and from the championship I'd like to see Brighton promoted. I'd quite fancy going to an away match at Falmer, Brighton is a great city.

11. Roo

Roo Well-Known Member

have to say Moorph, I agree with most of that.

for me, city will be even stronger now they have a team of players who have had another year together. their game will continue to improve and their quality is just ridiculous.

I also don't think Chelsea are done in terms of transfers yet and believe they'll add another striker. another marquee striker. - someone like Llorente perhaps. only drawback with Chelsea, is there's a lot of new players that need to get used to one another, but again, there's such quality in their squad, it could easily work from the outset.

Arsenal appear to have learnt from their mistakes last season of selling early and replacing late, causing a headache at the start of the season, which led to a poor start. I think they'll comfortably make the top 4.

United - always do well, arguably the best manager in the world, great players and know how to get results when they need to. - only problem with united is the moneyother clubs are throwing around. they are being priced out certain players that they would have managed to sign in the past. They'll either do very well as usual, or the "money" in football could finally start taking it's toll on united and we could see a slightly lower finish, such as 3rd. However, it's likely to be the former IMO, but all i'm saying is that i wouldn't be surprised if we did see a "shock" finish to the season with united, in a position they are not used to.

our position - anywhere from 5th to 7th (with present situation). we're extremely weak up front. there's no way we can sustain our position of last year with the squad as it currently is. we can defend wonderfully, and create opportunities with the talent in midfield, but we need goalscorers. goalscorers that match those of the teams we're competing against. we're currently far from this. The only saving grace, is that the only sides I personally feel will threaten us are Everton and Newcastle. Therefore, it can't get much worse than 7th.

I think Wigan will stay up. they always seem to do it, so i'm not going to write them off. I hate to say this, but with the current talk, I fear for swansea. If they lose more players i think they could be in trouble. They've lost their manager (and potentially their style of play as a result), they've lost Sig, Joe allen looks like he could be on his bike, and the same applies for Sinclair who could well be going to city. that's potentially a huge disruption. it's a very similar position to us, but the only difference is that we've strengthened with real quality in a couple of areas. however i've still conceded that we could well finish lower than last year, but feel it might be more detrimental for swansea. - if that happens, I'll be gutted. very fond of them. if they dig their heels in and manage to keep players, they'll be fine, even though it may be a lower finish than last year. west ham and villa to go down for me too.

12. McBrianav

McBrianav Member

That has made my morning :laugh:

13. redwhiteandermblue

redwhiteandermblue Well-Known Member

Agreed, McBrian.

Man City will probably repeat. Man U's solution at playmaker relied on two old geezers who are a year older. I'm sorry to say it, but with all the talent Chelsea has, I think 3rd is the least they're going to do. The jury's out on Tottenham while it's uncertain what, if anything will happen at striker and playmaker. I'm not convinced by Arsenal's signings. I'm thinking (and hoping) they spent a middling amount on players who mostly won't distinguish themselves. I really liked Newcastle's team last year, but I might guess they'll be hurt by an owner determined to save money. Still, from what we've seen so far, you'd have to give Arsenal the edge over Newcastle and Tottenham. It's important to note that both North London teams look like they'll have big changes, meaning both that their performance will be hard to predict, and that they're fairly likely to improve as the year goes on.

We'll see.

14. The Mighty Thor

The Mighty Thor Well-Known Member

redwhite,you took the words from me about the jury being out especially for us with AVB,you're spot on. I still say that if we win or draw at Newcastle we'll have a good season because of the closeness of the finish last season. The jury is out on RDM too and to me AVB and he are the most vulnerable managers in the PL.

15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You really think they can score a goal with the last kick of the season again to win the premiership on goal difference?

16. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Top 4

Chelsea City Everton Newcastle

Relegation

Spurs Arsenal West Ham Liverpool United

:emoticon-0116-evilg

No in all seriousness though I agree with Morpheus but disagree with the teams who will go down. There is no way West Ham or Villa will go down IMO

17. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

How convenient..

18. The Serious Guy

The Serious Guy Active Member

What? That's my opinion.
    You stick all those strikers in the same squad and tell half that they can't play. They're going to sulk, and I'm not convinced by RdM enough to say he'll be able to deal with it.

19. KingHotspur

KingHotspur Well-Known Member

League Winners - City.

Top 4 - City, Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal.

Spurs position - 6th unless we sign Adebayor and Damiao this week then 4th is possible.

Surprise package - Reading

Bottom 3 - Southampton, Swansea, Norwich.

Top scorer - Fernando Torres.

First manager to be fired/quit - Fat Sam.

20. TheOXOCube:5pur2

TheOXOCube:5pur2 Pride of North London

League Winners-City
    Sky 4-City, Arsenal, United, Chavski
    Spurs- 6th (If they get Adebayor) 5th
    Bottom 3- QPR, Norwich, Reading
    Top Scorer- Aguero
    Sack Race Winner- Fat Sam