1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by realred1952, Jun 13, 2022.

1. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

please go back to your original post as you are now twisting the reply you got .....

2. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

No I’m not, but I can’t be bothered to explain.

3. realred1952

no worries answers itself!:emoticon-0148-yes:

4. AshtonRed

I’ll do a brief summary for you .
    I want us to stay as UK, but I see Sturgeon’s point that Scotland has had a Tory government for years, You listed how much we pay them over what they earn, so I pointed out we’d be better off financially without them.
    wings of a crow suggested the English should join in the vote, I pointed out the vote was for Scotland to leave the UK, so either the vote should be for Scotland only or alternatively the whole of the UK should vote.
    Your reply was it should only be Scotland and England because of the border between Scotland and England?, ( I really don’t get that logic). To highlight the absurd nature of that remark I compared the English/Scottish border to the Irish/ Northern Irish border,

No twisting my reply

5. realred1952

SAID predominately.... ENGLISH ... a large number non Scots born people live in Scotland [ english a highnumber ] they get to vote! In south loads of Scots live and work ... they dont get to vote!
    THAT IS NOW I commented on should they get referendum a number of things they should express to the Scottish public what would need addressing ... being independant they will be a separate state .. initially not in EU and not part of us ... will use different tax levels and have different laws .. example could be VAT. Shops a couple miles up the road from Carlisle could be selling an item/s with 10% more VAT or less ... etc

6. AshtonRed

As in any referendum it’s predominantly the people who live in said country that get to vote, where they were born isn’t relevant.I’m not sure that this vote should be any different.,

Wiz made a valid point, why not give England their own separate parliament like Scotland, Wales and NI have, and if they want one, give them an independence vote of their own,

7. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

The Scots whinging all the time is 8l00dy annoying and it's very tempting to simply tell them to f-off and go it alone, but to divide this island up would be stupid. All the hassle over the currency, border, defence and foreign policy etc would be an absolute nightmare for BOTH countries - and it would probably cost the rest of the UK as much as we currently subsidise Scotland anyway.
    For everyone's sake I hope they stay in the union.

Angelicnumber16 likes this.
  8. realred1952

this vote is not different on the register vote not on register cant vote ... who is saying it is?

9. realred1952

each country has a parliament??? Well NI has one... Wales has one ... Scotland has one ... and ENGLAND has one, but as the inherited power, makes certain laws rules tax'es etc... All 3 devolved [ hopefully you know they are devolved ] parliaments are "in the red" with the devolved entities they govern ... like health care .. they also have to pay out to survive .. wages buildings etc... a separate layer on top of everything they used to have ... like governed from Westminster

10. AshtonRed

It was suggested English should vote in Scottish independence vote, you said because
    “ predominately.... ENGLISH ... a large number non Scots born people live in Scotland [ english a highnumber ] they get to vote! In south loads of Scots live and work ... they dont get to vote!“

11. realred1952

and? ............ why do you keep on questioning input with a veiled you stated this that or other? without actually completing your post ...just reiterating someone else's input?

12. AshtonRed

I assumed the bit in speech marks meant you think the English should get to vote in a Scottish independence referendum, if it doesn’t then explain , what does it mean?

it’s not my fault you talk in riddles

13. realred1952

" in speech! " used to highlight the answer to a question, highlights what a person said, highlights a source of information in a sentence etc etc .... the "riddle" is

please log in to view this image

14. AshtonRed

Go on I’ll say the obvious, fall into your trap, there are no stairs, it’s a one story house.