1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Saints Stuff

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by fran-MLs little camera, Oct 13, 2015.

1. VocalMinority

VocalMinority Well-Known Member

Somebody asked him when he was going to sign a new contract, and of course he dodged the question on his private finances by saying he is 100% committed to the club and how he likes it here.

Martin Semmens said that Hoj has always been open and honest about his intentions and if the club can continue improving his is confident of keeping hoj.

2. saintrichie123

saintrichie123 Well-Known Member

Easier said than done, I am over 4,000 miles away and the WiFi is in and out so unfortunately couldn’t watch live feed.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Then watch the recording when you can. Or download it. There's nothing like first-hand hearing.

4. saintrichie123

Will do but not back for over another week yet ......rather hoping DTLW gives the breakdown of events.

5. saintrichie123

Found Lemina moonlighting as a waiter in Cape Verde <laugh>

844E1BFE-6E77-44CC-9E5B-5647C6B685F5.jpeg

6. TheSecondStain

I can give you a summary, as Radio Solent always seem to manage to make the hour very short by having too much chit-chat inbetween questions.

Question from the Chair on the financial situation. Club is self-supporting. No investment from the owner until the club sorts out it's situation and resumes The Southampton Way, which they had drifted away from in the last few years.

What steps is the club going to take to get back to the level of 4-5 years ago? The club want to get to that level by building our own players, being leaner, planning ahead.

Question to Ralph: We have a generous defence. Why haven't Saints made getting a quality CG a priority? Danso being a last minute result.
    Ralph: We must concede less than last season. Danso is very quick. Would rather the odd mistake and learning than damming them. Basically, Saints can't afford a full-blown quality CB at present, but can afford an up and comng one.

Question to Ralph: What happens to the players who aren't in the current squad? It's difficult to train the complete squad, so those who would prefer to be elsewhere, if they can't be first choice players, train in another group. Sometimes they come in, sometimes not. Those who are not first choice aren't automatically gone.

Question to Pierre: What about signing a new contract? Some people need to know about commitment, but I can tell you that I am 100% committed to the club. [he added to this later]
    Ralph commented that he works on players to bring them round to his way of thinking.

Question: Is the only way we can buy, is by selling? Yes, that's the current situation.

Question: The LD Sports sponsorship? Nothing to do with Lander. They have no presence in the UK, but are a big brand in China and Asia. Virgin Media are still a sponsor of the club.

Answer to finanial question: Any potentially borrowed money that helped purchased the club does not fall on the club's finances at all.

Question on VAR: Pierre. Having seen it at a gathering of professionals, I agree with it. It makes the game fairer and clearer. I do want the basic game to remain so that it can be played everywhere.
    Ralph: It's been well tested in the UK. In Germany they went straight into the first season and it was a disaster. But VAR will be perfect for offsides [and other decisions] that are too quick for the eye. The Ref must make the final decision in the stadium though. This shouldn't stop conversation about football.

Question to Ralph and Pierre[both with experience of Bundesliga]: How can the fans be made to improve the atmosphere and back the players?
    Pierre: When you guys give us the full support we really feel it and it helps.
    Ralph: In Germany, they all want the atmosphere of English stadiums. The changes in atmpsphere in England is amazing. It helps if we give you something to cheer. I get goosebumps standing in the technical area. But please be patient with us, as it helps too. [applause]

Question: What about the first kit availability? End of the month. Not an Under Armour issue.

Question: How do we get back to the era of Cortese/Reed when there was a 5 year plan - achieved in 3 years. A 5 year plan on Europe - achieved in 3 years, etc. Not a stepping stone model.
    Yes, those years were very successful. And there is no stepping stone model. There is a strategy to bring young good players in, be successful with them and let them go later for a lot more money. Then go again.
    Pierre: I want to have many, many successful seasons with Southampton because I think that's what we can do.

Answer to question. Danso will NOT be another Toby Alderweld.

Support from aged supporter: Faith in Ralph.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    That's about it. There was the odd other question but they were answered in the text. I would advise anyone to listen themselves. Link is a couple of postings previous.

7. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Ooh thinking of going in November. Where are you?

8. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

...you do know from September our holidays will be cheaper as we are able to go on Saga holidays <laugh>

fatletiss and saintrichie123 like this.
  9. saintrichie123

In Boa Vista......beautiful hotel, great food/wine :)

10. saintrichie123

Thank you for that TSS:emoticon-0148-yes:

TheSecondStain likes this.

11. SAINTOSPREY

SAINTOSPREY Well-Known Member

12. TheSecondStain

Well, if I really couldn't listen in while it was a current topic then it I would have been nice if someone had done it for me. So, I did it for you.

saintrichie123 likes this.
  13. fatletiss

Isn’t that 55?

I could tell you a story about saga holidays and when I tried to book one when I was about 29-30.

:emoticon-0111-blush

14. fatletiss

Ta - can you pm me some details please?

15. Libby

Libby 9-0

I never get round to watching these things so the summaries are always of use, cheers.

TheSecondStain and fatletiss like this.
  16. fatletiss

Oh yes. Summaries are alway good for me. Too much detail hurts my head :)

17. saintrichie123

Just sent you a WhatsApp message :emoticon-0157-sun:

18. saintrichie123

Many thanks most appreciative :emoticon-0148-yes:

19. hotbovril

hotbovril Well-Known Member

I’m up at 4am tomorrow to fly down to the match from Glasgow. I’ve just realised that my season tickets haven’t arrived. I suppose I’m the only one still waiting am I?

20. Dark Lord SFC

Dark Lord SFC Well-Known Member

Has anyone got their membership cards yet?