1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ryanair problems

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by sheffordqpr, Sep 21, 2017.

1. sheffordqpr

sheffordqpr Well-Known Member

I hope to God that this latest debacle takes Ryanair down.

Of course I feel sorry for the footsoldiers who will be affected, but I will not shed a tear for Michael O'Leary and his cronies.

Without doubt the worst 'airline' I have ever used. Rip off merchants who fail to adhere to the Warsaw Convention unless threatened with its enforcement. Crap company, crap customer service. The sooner it is confined to history, the better. Rant over.

<steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam><steam>

2. barley_hoop

barley_hoop Well-Known Member

Just back from a holiday with Jet2 - very impressed with their service! Different ballgame from Ryanair

3. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

Never flown with them and never would. I've always felt that if that fella could compromise safety for profit then he would!
    Worked with someone years back who had a Ryanair pilot as a friend. At one stage the staff were asked to take in their own toilet paper!!!!!!!
    No surprise at all that so many pilots left for more friendly employers.
    The tragedy is that O'Leary has made his millions and won't care overly if the brand disappears but the lowly paid will suffer after the job losses.

4. Hoops Eternal

Hoops Eternal Well-Known Member

You get what you pay for. You won't get Rolls-Royce service for the price of a Lada.

5. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I saw this on Facebook ...

Spare a thought for poor old Michael O’Leary, Chief Executive of Ryanair.

After arriving in a hotel in Manchester, he went to the bar and asked for a pint of Guinness.

The barman nodded and said, "That will be £1 please, Mr. O’Leary."

Somewhat taken aback, O'Leary replied, "That's very cheap," and handed over his money.

"Well, we do try to stay ahead of the competition", said the lbarman. "And we are serving free pints every Wednesday from 6 pm until 8 pm. We have the cheapest beer in England".

"That is remarkable value", Michael comments.

"I see you don't seem to have a glass, so you'll probably need one of ours. That will be £3 please."

O'Leary scowled, but paid up.

He took his drink and walked towards a seat. "Ah, you want to sit down?" said the barman. "That'll be an extra £2. You could have pre-booked the seat, and it would have only cost you £1."

"I think you may be too big for the seat sir, can I ask you to sit in this frame please".

Michael attempts to sit down but the frame is too small and when he can't squeeze in, he complains "Nobody would fit in that little frame".

"I'm afraid if you can't fit in the frame you'll have to pay an extra surcharge of £4 for your seat sir".

O'Leary swore to himself, but paid up. "I see that you have brought your laptop with you" added the barman. "And since that wasn't pre-booked either, that will be another £3."

O'Leary was so incensed that he walked back to the bar, slammed his drink on the counter, and yelled, "This is ridiculous, I want to speak to the manager".

"I see you want to use the counter," says the barman, "that will be £2 please."

O'Leary's face was red with rage. "Do you know who I am?"

"Of course I do Mr. O'Leary."

"I've had enough! What sort of a Hotel is this? I come in for a quiet drink and you treat me like this. I insist on speaking to a manager!"

"Here is his e-mail address, or if you wish, you can contact him between 9.00 am and 9.01am every morning, Monday to Tuesday at this free phone number. Calls are free, until they are answered, then there is a talking charge of only £1 per second, or part thereof".

"I will never use this bar again".

"OK sir, but do remember, we are the only hotel in England selling pints for £1."
    please log in to view this image
    please log in to view this image

Uber_Hoop, rangercol, KentGaz and 4 others like this.
  6. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

I've only ever flown with them once. It was from Gatwick to Dublin return. I thought they were fine and experienced no problems or delays but do know people who have though.

7. durbar2003

durbar2003 Well-Known Member

As someone mentioned earlier, you get what you pay for.

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  8. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

I have written this here before. I've flown about 100 times with RyanAir over many years. They cut my cost of flying enormously, I don't remember any delay ever, and there Customor Services waived their electronic check in once when I had difficulty with it due passport renewal. I don't think they have ever had an accident, their planes always seem new or nearly so. Their fanfare when they repeatedly arrive ahead of schedule irritates or makes you laugh at them, but they have not only saved me a lot of money and provided faultless service, they have made the whole flying industry greatly cheaper for travellers in Europe.

I wonder if many of the haters ever fly.

I'm glad I'm not flying with them now though! But nevertheless expect O'Leary to sort it out.

kingdom hoop, kiwiqpr and Totallyqpr like this.
  9. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Not had much of an issue with them myself. Wouldn't use them for a family holiday but if you just want a bus in the sky from somewhere near London vaguely to somewhere near Edinburgh/Rome/Prague it's fine.

Lawrence Jacoby likes this.
  10. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Without Ryanair I would pretty much never get to games without taking Friday and Monday off work and paying more than double what I do now.
    Thanks Ryanair for a cheap and usable service!

11. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Never had any trouble with Ryanair
    Bloody aer lingus though

12. IwasanotherwatfordR

IwasanotherwatfordR Well-Known Member

Flew with them once and they couldn't get me home. Their communication was atrocious as has been their attitude since.

People saying "you get what you pay for" is utter tosh. I merely expected a bus service and I paid for that. Ryanair didn't deliver and caused me enormous inconvenience and extra cost. BTW - I have seen no statutory compensation either let alone any of the replacement flight costs and car hire I was forced to pay.

From my experience, if you want certainty of arrival, I could never recommend Ryanair.

13. Tramore Ranger

Tramore Ranger Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have to say I like O'Leary, okay he's brash, outspoken, doesn't suffer fools gladly but he oversees a huge operation and when it cocks up something he says so unlike alot of other business and government leaders.....

Ryanair although far from perfect has made air travel affordable for the masses, I agree that it may not be the most comfortable of experiences if flying for longer than an hour but it's really no different from coach travel.......

Oh one other thing he is totally against any union interference, good for him......

14. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Flown Ryanair a couple of times, not much fun but I got what I expected. They and the other discount airlines have dragged a lot of short haul flying into the same space, which is a shame, because it reduces choice in terms of level of service. Flying in Europe on many of the big ‘national’ airlines is a pretty miserable experience now.

This latest fiasco with pilots shows that they have cut costs to the bone in management as well.

15. Lawrence Jacoby

Lawrence Jacoby Well-Known Member

I fly with Ryanair every 10 days and will never say anything against them

It’s become nothing more to me than what it should be ... travel

Even the food is OK to me because I expect that

I am paying €9 next week and then £21 for a train back into London from Luton

The most I have paid in 2017 to Ryanair is €32 for a single and with other trips have flown over 30 times
    Never a problem and if I get one then I am quids in

I love Ryanair as I fly around a fair bit just because we all can now

I rarely use EasyJet as they are always late Ryanair for me is the best

kingdom hoop, Totallyqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  16. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

I am going out to France in December and will need to book a Ryanair ticket. <yikes> Shame BA doesn't fly to my destination in December.

17. Lawrence Jacoby

Where to ?

18. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Just cancelled another 18,000 flights to next March. Shambles. Why would you trust them?

19. Lawrence Jacoby

Just flew back this morning from Beziers super flight and nice ham and cheese panini chocolate fingers and coffee total cost inc flight £21

Luton to Horsham by rail £37

Every pound I save helps me drive my Porsche

I love them

My bi weekly route not affected

Can’t understand how people get anal over air travel it’s a bus that flys

Share price gone up

Hope that more and more people chose not to fly Ryanair ... more room for me
    Without doubt best airline in the world and I have flown with most of them .... partner also who have been round the world a few times

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    kiwiqpr and QPR Oslo like this.
  20. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

Brilliant if the plane turns up.