1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Ryan mason

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by southerntiger, Mar 2, 2018.

1. southerntiger

southerntiger Well-Known Member

On 5 live soon

2. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Get the feeling that's a regular spot now.

3. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

4. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

He’s got a few things lined up with BBC and Sky I think. Wouldn’t be surprised if BBC took him as part of their World Cup team.

5. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

6. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

I just heard a clip from it, and he told Jenas that prior to Marco coming in the team had no idea what system they were playing. He said when they got of the coach at Liverpool he knew they would get hammered, and we let in six. Doesn't say much about Phelan's management. When Marco came in he said he got everybody organised and each player knew what was his responsibility and where to play, and things improved.

7. Des Head

Des Head Well-Known Member

"His skull bones are thinner than all of us." Slutsky - about the tragedy of the player "Hull" Mason

On January 22, 2017, Hull played away from Chelsea. In one of the episodes, Ryan Mason clashed his head against Gary Cahill. Both players were on the lawn, but, unlike the defender of "Chelsea", Ryan was unable to continue the match.
    Trauma was hardest. Midfielder "Hull" was restored throughout 2017, but in February 2018, he announced his retirement. Working with him in England, Leonid Slutsky tells Sport24 how Mason tried to return to football:
    - By coincidence, I was at the game "Chelsea" and "Hull", when Mason was injured, and saw it all live. First you do not evaluate the complexity of the moment, but then emotions go ... By the reaction of the doctor and the players, I realized that something extraordinary happened.
    So it was: on the field lay a man with a broken skull. At the same time Cahill, with whom Mason collided, suffered all 100 times easier. Ryan was brought into an artificial coma, quickly delivered to the hospital, performed an operation ... The match was stopped for 15 minutes - this I do not remember at all!

At that moment, I did not even imagine that I would work at the Hull. Then I met Ryan and plunged into this topic deeper. Constantly monitored the moments related to his health. We talked a lot with Dr. Hull. I asked what I had to do, how he reacted. The operation was as quick and qualitative as possible, in normal life Mason is not threatened - he lives fully. Recently he had a baby, he is a great guy - competent, professional and psychologically stable.
    Throughout our joint period, Mason trained all the time - he was preparing to return to football. There was an infinite number of scanners, studies from independent experts. But with such injuries, the risks are still too great. Plus, an amazing survey was made, which established that Ryan has a thickness of 3 mm lower than the average person's skull bone. That is, all - 1,1, and he - 0,8. Usually such information does not say anything, but in his case this creates additional complexity.
    On the training field, he went out in the helmet, spent with us warm-up. And all the preparatory exercises, which did not imply resistance or threat of collision, performed in the general group. He looked great, did all the technical elements, could run at any speed and in any amount. He had only one limitation - playing with his head. After all, the scar, in fact, passed through the entire head.

As far as it was possible to return, Ryan himself returned. He completely restored motor motility and the ability to look left-right. Initially, one side of it severely limited, the eyes in full did not move. Then all this was restored, and there was only one question - what would the doctor say if he again played with his head. And then he had to decide. But, naturally, none of the doctors took responsibility.

Ryan was offered options - and insert reinforcing plates to protect this place, and play in a special mask. Different materials were used, but the universal method, which guarantees human security, was not found. And the fact that such a decision is made is true and correct.

At stake is life: if Mason received a re-injury, even involuntary - after an elbow, for example ... It is purely psychologically difficult to return when you think that any blow can lead to a fatal outcome. In the end, I think it was Ryan's personal decision. It is unlikely that something will be compared with human life.

Ryan mentally prepared himself for this. When we talked with him, the main option for the autumn was an operation with the insertion of special constructions into the head. We discussed whether this is necessary, but his position has always been key. I realized that, most likely, the game is not worth the candle.

Ryan was with us at all gatherings, including in Portugal, went to a theoretical lesson, although he did not work in a general group. Mason was keenly interested in tactics. We discussed the matches with him, on the days of away games he wished the boys luck in the team chat. As far as possible, he was immersed in the problems of the team. Although I knew very well that I was unlikely to help her on the field.

To be included in the application for the match, I honestly did not think - he is not a disabled person and did not need additional support. Ryan was a full member of the team, had a contract with the resulting bilateral responsibilities. He did everything possible, put health for club and football. I'm sure he will succeed in another field.

We continued to communicate and when I left the Hull. They corresponded after his announcement of his retirement. I said that Ryan is a huge athlete and that if I can be of use to him, I will be very happy. Wished good luck. He asked me how I was doing. I think his announcement was already a formality, he was ready for it in the summer.

Mason is a guy with a lot of hobbies: he has dogs and a family, he is very close to his parents, likes to travel. Plus, he has an analytical mind. I'm sure he will remain in football and will be a coach. If necessary, the Hull will provide this opportunity, but I think that his native Tottenham will do it. Moreover, Ryan himself lives in London. He is too positive a guy and will find a huge amount of motivation to show his abilities in something else.

Kempton likes this.
  8. Cortez91

Cortez91 Moderator
    Forum Moderator

Ryan was on football focus today on the BBC.

9. Brucebones

Brucebones Well-Known Member

That's probably why everyone was wondering why we'd signed him, to me he was a waste of space. Ironically it was that game against Chelsea that he actually looked like a decent player. Then that injury.

Asterix likes this.
  10. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Was he not one of the Chinese buyers purchases? :bandit:

11. Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC

Dr.Stanley O'Google, HCFC Well-Known Member

12. ColumbusTiger

ColumbusTiger Active Member

Did we get any compensation/insurance for him?

13. GEvans76

GEvans76 Well-Known Member

They have shafted us enough financially so hopefully it was a admin slip up.

14. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

I notice all the one Ryan mason advertising has come down now he shaffted us by taking money for a year, getting top class medical treatment for a year, our doctors saving his life.

Then ****s off back to larndan

**** him

15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

upload_2018-4-12_3-21-10.png

Nice touch by Ryan Mason, this is his avatar on his twitter account. I think this is an acceptable half and half shirt.

16. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Dickhead.

tigre and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  17. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Twats post.

tigre and SW3 Chelsea Tiger like this.
  18. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Dopey sod.

19. armchairfan

armchairfan Well-Known Member

Tottenham have definitely done well out of all this.

20. Pat E O'Dors

Pat E O'Dors Well-Known Member

I think this post puts you top of the list for **** of this year or any year.