1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Spanish Tiger, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

The after effects of his Knibbs statement last week we now have rumours of new owners popping up.

1* an oligarch from Russia more wealthy than Abramovich, ( he will be able to moor his yacht in princess Dock)

2* an Egyptian... Food magnet wealth, supposedly billions.

3* the prospective buyers of Southampton that got refused for some reason or other.

There are a few clubs up for sale within the premiership at the moment., Aston Villa Everton Tottenham Southampton and Hull City AFC.

What is the concensus of opinion of us actually attracting one of the big guys away from the purchase of one of the other clubs?

Is there any truth in the reports about the Russian guy wanting to buy?

Are there any decent headsup on any of these rumours?

2. Wade Wilson

Wade Wilson Well-Known Member

How can anyone possibly come up with these rumours. Don't think anyone, unless they hack or spy illegally, would be able to know these things.

They are most likely all made up.

3. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

4. Sir Cheshire Ben

By the same person

5. TygerTyger

TygerTyger Well-Known Member

6. renegadetiger

renegadetiger Well-Known Member

They're all bollocks, obviously.

7. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

8. Sir Cheshire Ben

9. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I think there's a good chance of us getting a decent new owner in if old senile is willing to sell.

1. Current situation. Quality squad, good manager, chance for a very respectable finish this season which could be the foundation for attracting bigger players. Also the chance to become an instant hero by liberating us from Allam and a quick speech saying how silly the name change is and he wants to protect our identity and history and bla bla bla.

2. The area. Just tapping in to an enormous catchment area. With continued growth or even possibly some success there's an enormous area of land in both East Yorkshire (and the rest of Yorkshire) as well as I've the bridge to draw in masses of new support from and turn Hull City into a properly big club.

3. Stadium and land. The council haven't ruled out a sale, they've even proposed a joint venture. Anyone with a bit of cash would be able to buy the stadium and surrounding land which would make the purchase of the club worth it in itself. Millions and millions to be made in developing all that land.

4. A very unique identity and brand. Hull City AFC 'The Tigers', a revered animal in many parts of the world. By investing in the team and bringing some amount of success (top ten finishes, maybe a cup win, European adventure) there's massive potential to take the club global with a very marketable brand.

5. Price. Maybe the biggest factor. We'll be tonnes cheaper than any of those other premier league clubs. In fact I bet any potential buyer could buy our club (paying Allams loans off included), the stadium AND all te surrounding land for less than any of the other premier league clubs.

And also the chance to build something from scratch. Nothing more satisfying than that. And if its a successful project there's the opportunity to sell on at an enormous profit.

I think we're a very attractive investment.

10. Crash Gate 9

Crash Gate 9 Member

Allam doesn't want to sell up. Even Steve Bruce slipped that one into the mix.

He wants to unsettle the supporters...and maximise the hysterical "it's his club" numpties for his own self inflated ego.

It's a twat's trick. So no surprise really.

11. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

dont know if there are any legs in any of them just thought I would put it out ans see if anyone had heard anything concrete thats all.

12. Spanish Tiger

Spanish Tiger Member

A great response a very good answer.

13. Sir Cheshire Ben

14. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

15. CMPUNK

CMPUNK Member

I would suspect any new owner would have some ties to renewable energy.

16. Barchullona

17. Barchullona

18. TygerTyger

19. TygerTyger

Only thing I'd add is that currently there are at least 5 Premier League teams up for sale (maybe more that we don't know about). Which gives potential buyers a bit of a bargaining tool, especially if they don't come from the area or give a toss about which team they buy.

20. bum_chinned_crab

bum_chinned_crab Well-Known Member

That reminds me of one of my favourite rumour related stories.... during the Fish Out campaign (glory supporters consult your history books), a mate of mine deliberately made up - for a laugh - that Meatloaf was buying the club. Imagine the hilarity when a few weeks later somebody told him the same story as a genuine rumour. There in a nutshell we have the way such *Chinese Whispers work.

*Is Chinese Whispers a racist term? I reckon it might be, meaning essentially the language is unintelligable. If so, soz for any offence.