1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumours and Transfers

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Ze, Mar 23, 2011.

1. He is 33 years old, never had a terrific goal scoring record at club level and is a similar sort of player to Carroll. It is a no from me.

2. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

No now, but back in the summer, at 4 million it would have been an absolute yes.

3. Would have still been no from me. I might have been tempted in January 2011 though.

4. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Really? He is a poacher, and can provide goals when needed. Ah well, I wouldn't mind someone with a bit of pace ( needs to still have skill though) but ya, some more variation in the attack would be good.

5. I agree he poaches but I see him as a big man that gets one in three or four games, very similar to Carroll when at Newcastle. We need more options upfront and, IMO, having Klose would only give another body to chose from rather than a different style. I'd prefer us to go for an alternative style to Carroll, Suarez, Kuyt and Bellamy. Only the latter has pace so I would prefer someone quick that wants to score goals by getting into the box whenever possible - aka, Rush, Owen, Torres, I'd even sacrifice the pace if we could get a Fowler!

6. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

I doubt you'll get much argument with the Robbie one <ok> where do we find another Fowler eh...hmmm

7. You saying you don't want a Rush, Torres or Owen (Liverpool versions only)...? <whistle>

PS - there is still the origianl Robbie Fowler about, he just isn't good enough anymore <whistle>

8. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Any of the above (new versions of) would do me fine at the moment...I miss seeing lots of goals <laugh>

9. Out of all the rumours in January, the Defoe one interested me most. He is not the most talented player out their but he knows where the net is and would link up well with Suarez, Carroll and Gerrard IMO. Bent would have been good too but neither would have joined at a realistic price so, since they are both nearing thirty, I am happy we decided to wait for the right player.

Obviously, I would love a Cavani, Lavezzi, Neymar, etc but that simply is not going to happen. Doubt it would have happened had we somehow managed to get Champions League football.

10. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

With the fall of Villareal we need to have a good look at Nilmar and Rossi. Both would fit the style we want and would add some fresh pace, technique, and a new eye for the goal.

Wouldn't have minded Diego Milito in january either right before he got back on form for inter and they were tempting the thought of him leaving.

11. I'd take any of them but can't see us getting Rossi with him being ex-Man Utd. Nilmar would be the better option in terms of a goal poacher, Milito is another work horse like Tevez, Suarez, Kuyt, Rooney, etc.

12. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Milito is a goal machine and a worker though! Has way more than work ethic and knows how to show up on the big occasions for me. Nilmar would be really good and think a word from Lucas could tempt him. Villareal I think are cash strapped and way way down the pecking order now so could get a bargain in there as well.

I am sure if we looked in Ukraine and Russia there would be some gems as well, but we shall see. Still can't believe Comolli hasn't got a French player over.

13. I don't know why but I seem to think Comolli said he didn't know the French leagues as well as people would expect, could just be me making it up though?

I was very impressed with Milito at Inter but he is 32 now so I would certainly prefer Nilmar (27) of the two.

14. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Agree on the age thing, but imagine a milito on a loan for half a season that would have been sick! Ah well.

From Spain, realistic targets for me have to be Nilmar, Soldado, Negredo in terms of strikers. Italy, not really much out there that are of the right scope for us really and with Aqua we would be cautious.

We will have to dig up a bit to see what we can get and for what. I know in France Giroud is the hot name but there are others such as pierre-emerick, maiga, Remy, Lisandro, and Nene but we shall see. Pierre emerick is the fastest of the bunch, Nene and Lisandro probably the most skilled but they are at CL clubs so that would be tough.

15. Can't see Villareal letting a player go on loan if they need money. I am always concerned about French forwards, always seem to lack that cutting edge (apart from Henry and Anelka of course)

16. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Villareal loan? I was talking about the last transfer window and milito as he was out of favor.

I agree on the french players but the new crop seem to be doing well and Blanc is no fool at the international level. Portugal, Wolfswinkel but I think we have agreed we need something different, mainly pace along with the poacher effort.

I hear Milan want to get rid of Pato <whistle>

17. Ignore the Milito/loan/Villareal, got myself in a bit of a muddle there <doh>

Wolfswinkel would be good, as would Mario Suarez (although not a striker but would link well with Suarez).

Pato <laugh>

18. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Btw, I am a fiend for gossip and the like, love me a bit of " ooo will he come to us?" chat <ok>

What baffles me with Milan is that they are so eager to get rid of Pato, when Robinho has been miles worse when he plays. Pato won't leave for anything less than 30 which I can't see us flexing out with cheaper options out there. Another one to look for in terms of pace and possible width is Elia at Juve, he is getting no time whatsoever and is not a happy bunny. Krasic is too one-dimensional for me ( another Jovanovic) but also looking to get out.

19. Elia was rated as the next best thing a couple of years back (wasn't we in for him then?) but, although he would improve our team, he is left sided which is not a priority with us having Downing, Bellamy, Maxi, Kuyt and Sterling that can play there.

I occasionally like to let the mind flow with these rumours but never get carried away. i prefer to wait and see what happens.

20. BCR

BCR Well-Known Member

Is he not right footed but plays on the left? Kuyt and Maxi could well be shipped off in the summer so I keep it as an open thought.

Still think the budesliga has some top talent to offer as well. Marin for width, Lewandowski for goalscoring and some pace as well, Farfan, Jurado, just to name a few attacking players outside of Munich.