1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Rumour Mill...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gfc1234, Dec 30, 2012.

1. HOADIE_BOI

HOADIE_BOI Well-Known Member

2. brb

brb Guest

Looks like Rooney will not be going anywhere from Swindon. The FL have refused any new registrations.

3. gills4everandaday

gills4everandaday Active Member

looks like that transfer embargo is only till around the 8th feb and it only stops incomings not outgoings.

4. Gills-man-Ant-Dog

Hoadie I think your wrong in stating Vincelot was poor with us, yes he had a quiet couple of games at home towards the end of the loan, but the whole team were terrible in that period. Away from home he had some very good performances and showed calmness and quality when others lose their head.

If the money was available, and he would be open to a short term deal until the end of the season then I would definitely say he would strengthen what is currently a weak centre midfield. Infinitely more useful than brining in Rooney.

5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I agree, I don't think Vincelot was poor, he just wasn't any better than we already had in that position at the time.

6. brb

brb Guest

I would assume if players cannot come in, then it is less likely they will go the other way, especially if they are part of any package deal.

7. brb

brb Guest

Just seen this on the Cheltenham O/S http://www.ctfc.com/news/article/transfer-update-statement-632359.aspx

8. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

Strange that players can't leave, because Benson left.

9. brb

brb Guest

I think the difference here is that Rooney was part of the deal with an incoming player, whereas I am assuming Benson just went outgoing to Cheltenham on loan, not part of a package. Basically releasing Swindon overheads. Not sure if that makes sense?

10. brb

brb Guest

Well yet again for the second time the rumour mill thread has been popular:

Replies: 388
    Views: 17,430

So I would like to try and find some common ground for future transfer windows and these threads. Some people prefer an anything goes formula, where the rumour mill site is used along with more shall we say reliable or official links. However, other people prefer the latter of those two formulas only.

This is where I need the members help, what is the way forward with them, personally I do like the anything goes formula because it sort of caters for everyone, although I would say maybe people need to be clearer on the source of information. So for example if it has come from the rumour mill site then you clearly state so, along with when ie. date and time it was posted?

Obviously we occasionally get the chip shop stuff that MA refers too, all in a bit of fun and banter but it should not be done to side track from sensible debate that maybe occurring at the time.

So I need opinions and thoughts please...

11. gills4everandaday

According to sky sports Yeovil, port vale and ourselves are keeping tabs on TROY BROWN 22 y/o at Aldershot who is a defender and free agent come the end of the season...has look good from what i can remember of him this season.
    he's a quick tough-tackling centre back, who can also play right back.

sounds like a good player to go for should it be true...i wonder if andy scott will try and keep him though, seeing as he's now aldershot's manager.

12. gills4everandaday

Actually i think whoever gets TROY BROWN just might have to pay a fee as he's only 22 y/o (bosman).

13. HOADIE_BOI

Would be good as he is a good player, bosman fee would not be too high.

14. brb

brb Guest

15. gills4everandaday

We got rid of the likes of Danny Jackman, Jack Payne & Ben Strevens for what MA has said will be better players moving forward and hopefully in to the next division...well if that's what we have in line to join :confused: :emoticon-0184-tmi:...we've had it :emoticon-0149-no:

16. gills4everandaday

Crystal Palace are looking to send a few of there players out on loan...two of those being Aaron Wilbraham and Jermaine Easter. I wonder if one may be worth going for, because with what we have...it isn't happening or is it going too.
    we sure need one from that mould and that can be all the difference should they drop down to our level.

oh and Gillingham have today released young keeper Darren Hawkes...lets face it, if we go up, he isn't going to get a lookin.

17. vinney

vinney Well-Known Member

18. HOADIE_BOI

19. gills4everandaday

With regards to this Mick-Dundee Koala guy, isn't he a free agent ?. I'm sure MA stated he had another loan deal in the pipeline and we were in talks with whoever it was. Well if MA meant it was a loan, surely that rules out any out of contract player ???